Interview coming soon...more questions

Ok, Yea, so I can't sleep again so I been just sitting here reading this board. I really want no delays in our process. I'm happy to see all the pink slips and I want to make sure we get one too. A delay will mean me having to sign another years contract with a school in order to stay. Then if we break the contract we pay $2000 or whatever the penalty price is. So I have some more questions since our case is a little more complex then most.

1. Have their been any other couples where both couples were foreigners, not chinese that passed the interview? I'd like to read their thread.

2. We lived in three different countries together, we have police reports from each country, is there anything else we need from those countries?

3. We were going to file the petition from Turkey and changed our mind when my husband's brother died at that very time. We never actually filed the petition or paid any money so when asked if ever filed before we said no. But we had gotten the forms from the Embassy mailed to us and started filling them, just never completed it or paid money to file. So it was right to say we never filed before wasn't it? We never did actually file and pay the filing fee.

4. Our son was born in American and our daughter has now become American citizen through my citizenship so on the I-864 it says fill one of these for each person immigrating with you. Our children are American citizens, we wouldn't need to fill these forms for them, would we? Of course they are coming with us, but their already citizens.

5. On all our forms we filled out my husband's name correctly but we noticed that whenever my husband was addressed by them they used his middle name as his first name and his first name as his middle name. We sent them a letter, a fax and an email about it. They replied to show them the name on the passport before they could change it. We then looked at the passport. It has given names, and list his Middle name first, which is his native name and his English name second. But by birth, his mother gave him an English name as his first name and native name as his Middle name. Well when we saw the mistake on the passport, I didn't know what to do so, I we sent them a fax saying his real name, with a copy of his birth certificate and saying the name on the passport was a mistake. After that He called his embassy and they said they could fix it on his observations page on the passport. This has all been done now and we sent them an email and fax about this situation. Is there anything else we can do? We haven't gotten a reply from them yet. We did fill his name out correctly on all the petition forms but they address him as the name on his passport.

6. I'm direct filing. I had a recent license with my name on it, but it was stolen with my purse a few months ago. I've been living abroad in 3 different countries over the past five years, always going home for the summers or every now and then temporarily. What else can I use to establish my US democile. My parents wrote a letter as they are also our sponsors and said, I've always come home in between trips and consider their home to be my democile. Also I have recent bank statements with my US address on them. What else do I need or can I use to prove democile?

This is all for now. I look forward to your replies. Please give any advice you can give. Blessings to you all.

Ok, Yea, so I can't sleep again so I been just sitting here reading this board. I really want no delays in our process. I'm happy to see all the pink slips and I want to make sure we get one too. A delay will mean me having to sign another years contract with a school in order to stay. Then if we break the contract we pay $2000 or whatever the penalty price is. So I have some more questions since our case is a little more complex then most.

1. Have their been any other couples where both couples were foreigners, not chinese that passed the interview? I'd like to read their thread.

I can¡¯t recall any others.

2. We lived in three different countries together, we have police reports from each country, is there anything else we need from those countries?

The police reports are good. It sounds like you¡¯ve got it covered.

3. We were going to file the petition from Turkey and changed our mind when my husband's brother died at that very time. We never actually filed the petition or paid any money so when asked if ever filed before we said no. But we had gotten the forms from the Embassy mailed to us and started filling them, just never completed it or paid money to file. So it was right to say we never filed before wasn't it? We never did actually file and pay the filing fee.

If you never filed, say no.

4. Our son was born in American and our daughter has now become American citizen through my citizenship so on the I-864 it says fill one of these for each person immigrating with you. Our children are American citizens, we wouldn't need to fill these forms for them, would we? Of course they are coming with us, but their already citizens.

If they are American citizens then you do not need to fill out a I-864. You will need one for your husband, the one you petitioned the visa for.

5. On all our forms we filled out my husband's name correctly but we noticed that whenever my husband was addressed by them they used his middle name as his first name and his first name as his middle name. We sent them a letter, a fax and an email about it. They replied to show them the name on the passport before they could change it. We then looked at the passport. It has given names, and list his Middle name first, which is his native name and his English name second. But by birth, his mother gave him an English name as his first name and native name as his Middle name. Well when we saw the mistake on the passport, I didn't know what to do so, I we sent them a fax saying his real name, with a copy of his birth certificate and saying the name on the passport was a mistake. After that He called his embassy and they said they could fix it on his observations page on the passport. This has all been done now and we sent them an email and fax about this situation. Is there anything else we can do? We haven't gotten a reply from them yet. We did fill his name out correctly on all the petition forms but they address him as the name on his passport.

It may or may not be an issue. If so then kindly explain to the VO with documents as proof. Chances are it won¡¯t be an issue. Besides, it sounds like you've got that covered too.

6. I'm direct filing. I had a recent license with my name on it, but it was stolen with my purse a few months ago. I've been living abroad in 3 different countries over the past five years, always going home for the summers or every now and then temporarily. What else can I use to establish my US democile. My parents wrote a letter as they are also our sponsors and said, I've always come home in between trips and consider their home to be my democile. Also I have recent bank statements with my US address on them. What else do I need or can I use to prove democile?

Again, it sounds like you¡¯ve got it covered. Use just what you described.

This is all for now. I look forward to your replies. Please give any advice you can give. Blessings to you all.

All should go well for you. You have a husband and children. You all are a family and I bet a lovely family at that! :clapping:

-good luck

I'll second what Ty said.

It sounds like you got everything cover!!

As you know I'm going through the same stress!!

See Ya in GZ!!!!

I'll second what Ty said.

It sounds like you got everything cover!!

As you know I'm going through the same stress!!

See Ya in GZ!!!!

Thanks for all your advice. We will keep our eyes open and our trust in God. We believe that everything is going to be alright.

Hi NUWORLD, We are going to meet you and your SO in Guz soon.

Blessing to all.

Hello everyone,

Thanks so much for your advice. We've heard from Guanzhou and it looks like the name change on his passport may be an issue, but we should still come for the interview. We just may have to wait for another month or so after the interview for another name check to be completed. But, well, we still all plan on going to Guanzhou for the interview, just to support each other in whatever happens. At least, we know ahead of time. That helps a lot. Now we'll just relax and be prepared. It'll still be a nice trip and 3 days off from work. The kids get to travel for 24 hours on the train with us. That should be interesting enough :banned: . But we'll be in soft sleepers and just enjoy the journey as a family. Thanks again for your help and advice.

Sincerely

harvestgal&bosah

One other thing that may be a minor issue. Was the one child born outside the US born in China? If so you may need an exit visa from China for the child even though the child is a US citizen. I assume you have US passports for both children as well. As I recall two other members who had children born in China had to do this, hypoclear and robhon.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...ost&p=52349

Thanks, we knew nothing about having an exit visa for the baby. We already have her cert of birth abroad and passport. Thanks for that info. So the day is coming closer to our interview, we are soooo looking forward to it. Even though they"ve already said the name correction on the passport may cause some delay, we are still hoping and praying for a miracle. My school will pay my plane ticket back home if we can tell them the date when we plan to leave, by May 29th. We must be booked together, since we are traveling as a family. It would save us a lot of money, if we get a pink slip and can tell the school the exact day we are leaving, which would probably be around July 1 or second. For those that believe in prayer, pray for a miracle.

My mother has not even seen her granddaughter. She and my Dad are already excited. They are getting the house ready and child proofing everything. Our son was 6 weeks old the last time they saw him, now he's 2 years old. She's telling me all the preparations she's making for us. I can't help but be excited when I talk with her. I just can't wait to get home with my family.

Well, Just writing cause I'm up early again. Blessings to you all. Maybe after the interview, I'll be able to get some real sleep.

One other thought, living abroad can cause Domicile issues.

Have you filed IRS returns every year? US Citizens are required to file returns. They may be exempt from paying taxes, but not exempt from filing the returns.

Have you maintained domicile in the USA?

These two things are required in order to sponsor an immigrant visa per I-864 Affidavit of support.

SEE: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=24959&hl=

As for my US domicile, I have a letter from my parents stating that I have always come home in between my work commitments and came home for the birth of my son. They've also stated that their house is my domicile there. I also have my US license and bank statements.

Ok and as for the filing requirements for filing taxes. According to page 12 of the instructions for filing the 1040 form it says if your filing status is married filing jointly, (I'd say that must be me, I was married in 2004 and I'm not filing separately, cause he can't file on his own, he's not a US citizen, resident, Alien or any of that.) So I just was going to add his salary in with mine) we didn't make enough to file. It says "If under 65 and both spouses made less than $16,900 than you were not required to file taxes. I've written a letter explaining that I didn¡¯t make enough to meet the filing requirements for filing taxes the past 3 years. In 2005, I had my son and didn't work for 6 months of that year.

We didn't make enough to file for any of the past 3 tax years. I have a copy of my last year's school contract as the proof of salary. Do you think this will be enough? Is there anything else I should do? I have the work visas on my passport as proof of temporary residence too.

Thanks for your advice.

Also, another issue with my new license. Mom was able to get me a dublicate license. She's mailing it to me, but it may not get here on time. She faxed and scanned a copy of it. Would a copy be alright. I know it's too late now, my mom, just mailed it, global mail yesterday, but are their any other mails that deliver faster? We leave on Saturday for guanzhou. You think it'll make it in time? pray that it does, I just don't want any domicile issues.

Also, another issue with my new license. Mom was able to get me a dublicate license. She's mailing it to me, but it may not get here on time. She faxed and scanned a copy of it. Would a copy be alright. I know it's too late now, my mom, just mailed it, global mail yesterday, but are their any other mails that deliver faster? We leave on Saturday for guanzhou. You think it'll make it in time? pray that it does, I just don't want any domicile issues.

The fax should be just fine. I've never heard of them having problems with domicile evidence other than people who showed up with nothing.

The fax should be just fine. I've never heard of them having problems with domicile evidence other than people who showed up with nothing.

Thanks, looks like we'll have to settle for the photocopy of my license, I been tracing the mail my mother sent with my duplicate license in it. This is crazy. The mail went from Delaware to Phily, from Phily to North Carolina, From North Carolina to Jamaica, NY and then to NY, NY and was just sent from Kennedy airport today. It was mailed off on Saturday morning. It's now Thursday. Is that not crazy or what, it was mailed global express international and sent as extremely urgent. It went all over the east coast before it even got mailed off here to China. It doesn't look like I'll get it by Saturday morning. My mother and I been tracing it and we think it's absolutely ridiculous. Anyway, at least we have the scanned copy and the fax.

To all the others preparing for their interview, I'll say never depend on express mail for any documents you need at the last minute.

I been doing make up classes all week for the classes I'll miss while we are at the interview, as well as my normal classes. So right now, I'm just too tired and drained to be so nervous for the interview. At least, all this tiredness is helping me sleep better at night, between work, stress and the kids, it's the perfect solution to make me sleep through the night. At least it's been working the past two nights anyway.

Well enough about me. Congratulations to all those who got the recent pink slips. And blessings to all those preparing for the interview. (Welcome to China NuWorld, hope all is going well for you. We'll see you soon.) We'll be in Guz by Sunday.