Check by Immigration

Just wanted to know if Immigration will be coming to check to see if my wife and I live together once my Xioameng gets here? Will they check if we have a checking account together or anything else? Will they be bothering all the time or how does that work? :lol:

I have not read or heard about this on either board Here or on VJ, dont sweat this, they may or may not interview you and ask for evidence of living together when you either adjust status, or lift conditions on the green-card.

If you have been married for mor that 2 years before immigrating to USA on IR-1 or K-3 visa, the IR-1 interview will cover that and then no worries in the USA, K-3 AOS interview they may ask for living together evidence.

You take whatever evidence you have of living together and your joint financial account information with you to the AOS interview, and again when applying to have conditions removed. The interviews occur typically at, say, around 6 months after arrival and again 2 years after that to remove conditions.

Like Dan said, it is possible you won't even be interviewed.

As far as I can remember, we have not heard of anyone who was visited by an immigration agent.

You take whatever evidence you have of living together and your joint financial account information with you to the AOS interview,

I would only make this more generic and say: YOu take whatever evidence of your relationship...

I know of a couple which were not living together when they filed for adjustment since they had two homes and living originally in two different cities...

This is different since they were both already in the US (one was here on a work visa) as opposed to your petitioning to bring someone into the US...

The key is to show your have a life together in the US... Together is assumed to be physically together, but I'm sure there are circumstances which may have two apart temporarily for some reason.

Will they check? I seriously doubt it. Seems only GUZ does that :ph34r:

They¡¯ve come by to check on us 4 times already. They go through our house looking for I don¡¯t know what¡­ :(

Then they sit down at our kitchen table and wait for my wife to cook some good ole Chinese food - lunch or dinner, depending on what time of day it is. :o

I beginning to wonder if these people are immigration authorities. :D