tracking after NVC

Hi, Did anyone know how to track the status for k3 after it has been forwarded to GZ?.....Should there be a confirmation letter after it has been sent to GZ from NVC for the petitioner?....i haven't received one yet and was told on the phone that the petition has been sent on 4/12/07 to GZ.....what should i do now?....any help, any comment, would be appreciated......

Andy

Guest Mike and Lily

Hi, Did anyone know how to track the status for k3 after it has been forwarded to GZ?.....Should there be a confirmation letter after it has been sent to GZ from NVC for the petitioner?....i haven't received one yet and was told on the phone that the petition has been sent on 4/12/07 to GZ.....what should i do now?....any help, any comment, would be appreciated......

Andy

You may follow the tracking instructions in the P3 FAQ to determine it's likely arrivial date in Guangzhou.

http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_FAQ_P3_Final1.htm

After it arrives thereit will sit there for a month or two. I would wait at least 60 days before making any further effort to determine if any progress has been made. Your best bet is to start calling DOS using the instructions in the P3 FAQ. Your SO will likely receive her P3 70-90 days after it leaves the NVC. So be prepared for a wait.

Question comes up often, search for tracking.

But to give you the plain dope, you can get an idea that the package made to to the warehouse in Guangzhou, but after that it will sit in the ware house for at least 3 months before the consulate will "RECEIVE" it, so patience is required at this point.

For DHL I did this:

GO to DHL Worldwide Express website http://www.dhl.com

Select USA

A new page will open

At the top highlight tracking and click on TRACK BY REFERENCE

In the Reference field type CORRESPONDENCE

For the Shipment date you should select a day before and after the date NVC said they sent your file.

Customer number leave blank

Origin Postal code should be 03801

Then Click Track

There are usually more than 1 package sent so track them both.

No need to call NVC and confuse the operator.

Though keep in mind, DHL indicating delivery dose not mean GUZ "Received" it, the cases remain in large boxes is a storage room for 2-3 months, then GUZ will "Receive" the cases.

I Emailed GUZ last week and they stated that they have the case in their computer, but have not "Received" the actual paperwork yet.

So the only satisfaction you will get from tracking is knowing that the case has made it from NVC to GUZ's storage room.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=257817

Several months ago people were reporting that they recieved a confirmation letter from the NVC that their petition has been approved and forward to GZ which was the first and only time I've heard of this.

As it was with my case, most cases are forward to GZ without any notice. You have to call the NVC and inquire.

With a mailing date, you can call DHL and get a waybill number to track shipments. Also look at others timelines to get an idea.

-good luck

We are K-3 also, and I did receive a letter from NVC. It said that they had received my approved I-129F and that it was forwarded to GUZ. It came 2 weeks after the approval date and less than 1 week from the actual approval letter. It had my wifes name and the GUZ Case Number, along with the USCIS receipt number. I hope this helps, Mike & Zhen

We are K-3 also, and I did receive a letter from NVC. It said that they had received my approved I-129F and that it was forwarded to GUZ. It came 2 weeks after the approval date and less than 1 week from the actual approval letter. It had my wifes name and the GUZ Case Number, along with the USCIS receipt number. I hope this helps, Mike & Zhen

Hello Mike

I finally got NVC to assign HNK number for K-3 today !!!!!!!! :P

And, please take a look at my signatue section. I started listing all the documents preparation progress.

agm

I got the same thing....today, in fact......

Steve

I sent NVC an email to change my address today and they told me they had already forwarded my case to GUZ and gave me the new case number. I guess I am supposed to contact GUZ but it seems like a mute point since it probably won't be in their system for a few months or something...

Several months ago people were reporting that they recieved a confirmation letter from the NVC that their petition has been approved and forward to GZ which was the first and only time I've heard of this.

As it was with my case, most cases are forward to GZ without any notice. You have to call the NVC and inquire.

With a mailing date, you can call DHL and get a waybill number to track shipments. Also look at others timelines to get an idea.

-good luck

FYI, I got a letter from the NVC on Dec 5th of 2005 stating that my case was sent to GZ. Been going on for a while. What you been doing up there in Virginia??????? :P

I "followed" the package via the DHL website (via the procedure mentioned on this website, I think) to the Guangzhou gateway and saw it sit there for quite a while. It only took about 2-3 days to get to Guangzhou from NVC. I then made an inquiry via my US Senator and in a week I had an answer from Dept of State via my Senator's office. I was told that Chinese Customs holds the Diplomatic Correspondence Package at their customs warehouse for 60 days. At that point it is released to the US Consulate. The letter went on to say the Consulate would send out a packet to my Fiance about a week after they recieve it. Mine was to have gone out of NVC on 3/12 and arrived GZ on 3/14. I am waiting for 5/14 to see if it is "released." At that point I will be expecting a letter/package to arrive at my Fiance's apartment within a week or two via China Post.

Andy

I was told that Chinese Customs holds the Diplomatic Correspondence Package at their customs warehouse for 60 days. At that point it is released to the US Consulate. The letter went on to say the Consulate would send out a packet to my Fiance about a week after they recieve it. Mine was to have gone out of NVC on 3/12 and arrived GZ on 3/14. I am waiting for 5/14 to see if it is "released." At that point I will be expecting a letter/package to arrive at my Fiance's apartment within a week or two via China Post.

The NVC Out - P3 In average is about 75 days; the widest span we experience is 55 to 95 days.

David, what does NVC out, P-3 in mean? NVC notice rec. snail mail or rec. date: P-3 received by SO,or sent by GUZ? thanks Mike & Zhen

It means whatever date is in those columns in the timelines... :D

Usually I use what is in someone's timeline.. sometimes I adjust the date if it doesn't sound right (ie: they said they got a letter and the case will go in a week or two).

I try to keep P3 received as received by the SO...

BTW: There is a column definition in the Timeline (left side, first item)