Must one show evidence for ALL the things shown on Q #7 of I-134?

Hello All

I am also preparing Form I-134.

On the line 7 on the Form I-134, which income figures I should write from Form 1040, U.S Individual Income Tax Return ???

Line22 Total Income or Line37 Adjusted Gross Income ????

agm

I do understand that we have to show the official, called "usual" required items like bank statements & tax returns. Thanks.

Total income, this is the total amount paid to you before taxes.

I have understood line 22 of the 1040

I wouldn't call getting a co-sponsor as simple as possible. $0 income I would think would be VERY bad news.

What are you living on? Do you have readily accessible cash? Are you living off of that, or do your assets generate cash income? If so, report the cash and the assets you are using to generate cash. You have enough, and you do NOT need a co-sponsor.

I answered the questions exactly like you did (although do have a job), and didn't under-report anything.

Yeah, I draw an "allowance" generated from the interest of my investments. this allowance allows me to live comfortably. If I ever need more cash, I only have to call my financial advisor and he can send me whatever I need. This "allowance" is reflected in my investment portfolio that I have included with my I-134

Get a co-sponsor, the co-sponsor has to show as being above the line, not you, you can show a I-134 with no assets. You are working too hard at this.

I am a firm believer of keeping it as simple as possible when it comes to the I-134.

My attorney who has successfully processed over 300 k1 visas has assured me that there will be no problem with it. Anyway it is too late to get a cosponsor before our interview in 1 week.

The few I have heard who tried assets alone never passed the financial aspect.. and were denied at GUZ... but that does not mean that your case is like theirs; it will depend on the financial picture and VO discretion. As a K1, they might not take as hard a look either; the cases I am aware of were CR1, where the interview doubles as consular adjustment; so not really a 'apples to apples' comparison.

I would much rather know how many successfully did he put through GUZ on assets like this? (I would not compare GUZ to any other sucessful filings at consulates around the world).

One doesn't need a lawyer to be successful but experience in your exact situation is extremely helpful.

DO keep us informed...

The few I have heard who tried assets alone never passed the financial aspect.. and were denied at GUZ... but that does not mean that your case is like theirs; it will depend on the financial picture and VO discretion. As a K1, they might not take as hard a look either; the cases I am aware of were CR1, where the interview doubles as consular adjustment; so not really a 'apples to apples' comparison.

I would much rather know how many successfully did he put through GUZ on assets like this? (I would not compare GUZ to any other sucessful filings at consulates around the world).

One doesn't need a lawyer to be successful but experience in your exact situation is extremely helpful.

DO keep us informed...

Denied as in white slip type denial or blue slip type? Either way, I definitely will keep you informed.

To be honest, I am really hoping I am one of those lucky few where the VO doesnt ask to see the 134

Edited by panthr (see edit history)

DO keep us informed...

In case you havent seen my other post, we passed the interview. Fang said that the VO asked for the I-134 which she seemed to look over very carefully, but she did not raise any questions about it. So either I got lucky or assets are ok

Edited by panthr (see edit history)