Problems with police certificate

Hello all.

Well it seems my wife is having problems getting her police certificate!

After traveling two hours on the bus to her home country and after

a one hour walk to the police station.

For what ever reason they would not give her the certificate?

I'm not sure what she was trying to say to me because she was a bit upset!

The police officer said she needs a notorized paper from the notoral office??

That is BACK in Chongqing!!

Then after she gets this papers they will give her the certificate!

This is not easy for my wife to be traveling all around the country.

So as you can see this process will have to start all over again!!

Does anyone know or heard of this before?

And does anyone know what paper the police officer is talking about?

Normally the process starts in her hometown, securing a statement from the local police (for all of china) which is brought to the notary for translation and stamp.

Some variations have been reported: Some talk of getting a certificate from the police and the notary makes the statement; others mention the notary securing the police record; others mention a local official instead of local police.

Police Certificate

Normally the process starts in her hometown, securing a statement from the local police (for all of china) which is brought to the notary for translation and stamp.

Some variations have been reported: Some talk of getting a certificate from the police and the notary makes the statement; others mention the notary securing the police record; others mention a local official instead of local police.

Police Certificate

David: Thanks! That is what apears to be happening, I THINK?

But i do know the police officer IN HER HOME TOWN!

gave her NOTHING!!

He said she needs something from the notoral office in Chongqing.

After she gets what ever paper they are talking about?

She then MUST travel back to her home town and then Maybe? they will give her the police certificate!

We both do not need this kind of STRESS at this piont of our process!

It is getting to close to interview time.

Me wife works and goes to school and is very hard for her to get all this time off to travel around the country and still not knowing if she can get the certificate!!!!!!!!!

My (fiance's) experience was..

had to have the notary write up the statement (they know which one)and then she had to have it signed and stamped by her employer because they had her book. She never actually went to the police station (she works for the state though so I imagine at that point it would just be stamped by the police).

Good Luck!

Also - it was not in her home town and they would not give it to her there because that is not where her book was. The notary assured us that it was good for all of china though.

Edited by lyscra (see edit history)

My (fiance's) experience was..

had to have the notary write up the statement (they know which one)and then she had to have it signed and stamped by her employer because they had her book. She never actually went to the police station (she works for the state though so I imagine at that point it would just be stamped by the police).

Good Luck!

Also - it was not in her home town and they would not give it to her there because that is not where her book was. The notary assured us that it was good for all of china though.

'lyscra' Thanks!

The thing that really sucks is that I'm sitting here 7000 mile's away

and there is nothing i can do to help my wife!

Well at least i have BEER and CHEETOS!!

...and some just do the ancient art of "greasing the palm." :lol:

That worked for us to reduce time from several weeks to a few days. Bribery is alive and well in China.

That worked for us to reduce time from several weeks to a few days. Bribery is alive and well in China.

That sounds good to me!!!

Money talks and bull sh*& walks!

Hey, if it works! I don't call that bullshit.

There are a few ways to do this.

1. Have employer issue a statement and take it to public notary service(Gong Zheng Chu) to be translated and certified. I'm not sure if the consulate will accept it because it isn't issued by police office.

2. Go to police office (the office that has your Hu Kou) and aks them issue one and then get it certified.

3. In Beijing, the notary service has a standard form that the police can fill it out and stamp then the notary service will translate and certify what the police filled in the form.

Edited by Tong and Wei (see edit history)

Hey, if it works! I don't call that bullshit.

Yes, SOOOOOOO true!!

Talking to my laopo about this, she said she goes to her hometown

gongzhenengchu for the paper that requests the police certificate. brings that to her hometown police station, gets certificate of wei ing or others refer also as wu fan zui ji lu meaning as she said no trouble with police. then she takes this back to gongzhenengchu for translation/certify/notarize in the white booklet.

Her family has a connection with police so she will not get a hastle. she said if local police in some cases see the need for emigrating to USA, they make it hard for the chinese citizen.

OK ... here's how to do it in Chongqing ...

Go to the Notary in Yang Liu Ko (pinyin probably not exact). Do not go to a "small" notary as they will charge more to send the paper to a "big" notary and then return.

Tell them you need a paper for police certificate. They will give you a computer generated form.

Give the form to the local police in hokou. The police will write on the form.

Take back to same notary and the notary will prepare the document.

If she's really confused PM us her mobile and Lao Po will call her.

Her family has a connection with police so she will not get a hastle. she said if local police in some cases see the need for emigrating to USA, they make it hard for the chinese citizen.

My SO just said the same. The police see it as a chance to make some extra cash.

My SO just said the same. The police see it as a chance to make some extra cash.

I just seen this post while i was talking to my wife on the phone and i asked this question?

She said nothing about going to America!!

I then told her maybe if she just gave them some money she would get the certificate!!

Well that comment did not go to well.

As we all know our Chinese SO's are tight with money.

What she told me i can't say here on CFL but it went something like this.

Not only NO! but HELL NO!!! SAVE MONEY she said!!!! :lol: