Asset & Income Info for Self-employed

But I don't buy it as convincing since we don't know the entirety of blue slips, other than some were for return to US.. which is NOT a financial issue... Blue slips are prodominately relationship based.. based on our three years of tracking interviews...

And so many K1s are never asked about income.. to me, that is convincing [action by the consulate] that finances are not really carrying alot of weight...

Has anyone had an income below $40k, but above the poverty threshold, and been:

1. blue slipped for this very reason?

2. been specifically asked to get a co-sponsor?

3. not been asked by the VO for financials at all?

I remember it being stated like this guy said here,

as a VO actually telling someone that an income of less than $40K would bring additional scrutiny on a case, but I couldn't find the original post, either.

The one you are thinking of is this one: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17651

That would seem to me to be pretty convincing proof (even as hearsay) that an income below $40K IS given additional scrutiny.

Someone asks 14 people about their denials and he forms a theory based on income levels below $40K... that's not hearsay, that's the person stating his theory directly.

But I don't buy it as convincing since we don't know the entirety of blue slips, other than some were for return to US.. which is NOT a financial issue... Blue slips are prodominately relationship based.. based on our three years of tracking interviews...

And so many K1s are never asked about income.. to me, that is convincing [action by the consulate] that finances are not really carrying alot of weight...

I am self employed with a business. We just had our interview and our income or I-134 was never requested. We are k-1