Words from Guangzhou

bosco

Thanks! So I guess I can assume that ACH for NIV is held on Monday's ;)

Sorry to be a pain, but I understood that ACH for IV was on Friday's and NIV was on Monday's. Can someone please clarify. :unsure:

That's the way it was when I went and I haven't seen anyone report change. The K1/K3 is handled at the IV session on Friday.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Curt,

The street Jim Julian told you about also has a noodle shop, a great lunch for about 50 cents US. I also highly recommend the Citic Bank plaza. There is a fantastic Thai restaurant on the fourth floor, great fast food and a nice Japanese restaurant in the basement, the Citic bank of course and Bank of China also (they will cash travelers checks). If you are allergic to cigarette smoke (I am!!) be aware that all McDonalds are well air conditioned and non-smoking. They have guards that enforce this. They also have the McDonalds breakfast menu but it is not displayed you must ask for it. The bathrooms at McDonalds are squatters but very clean. The Citic Plaza has western toilets in spacious very clean restrooms.

Consider writing a personal letter to the VO for your SO to give to him/her with your passport. THe VO asked my wife only four questions. The third was 'is your boyfriend still here' (I went to ACH) and the fourth was 'can I see his passport'. She handed him my passport and 'two widows' letter which he stopped to read. Then he smiled at her and reached for a pink slip.

-James

We submitted a letter about our relationship with the original application. I have written a more personal hand-written update that Ling will hand to the VO along with my passport and the envelope from the hospital when she first walks up to the window. The passport will be on top of the letter with the envelope underneath. So the VO will see both before any questions are asked.

I have tried two restaurants in the Citic Plaza building there but felt the food was unremarkable compared to plenty of other cheaper places in the area. The noodle restaurants back in the "pond courtyard" are very good and friendly but only two of them even try to be even a little clean and Ling won't go near the others. My favorite meals so far have been in the "Underwater Kitchen" outside and to the left of the main door entrance to the building that houses the Consulate. But one small bitch. I love green tea and have yet to find a restaurant that can give me some. All they have is oolong and puer to offer. They are ok but green tea is best.

I have not eaten in a McDonalds in more than 30 years and I don't anticipate a Chinese McDonalds will change my mind any time soon. There are hundreds of better options within 1/4 mile in any direction.

21 hours until we line up outside for our interview.......Ling is preparing a table of contents for our kitchen sink as I type. Then we will go out for a late lunch and see if we can get up to the 4th floor coffee shop to provide some moral support for some friends we have made in the past few days.

Thanks! So I guess I can assume that ACH for NIV is held on Monday's :D

Sorry to be a pain, but I understood that ACH for IV was on Friday's and NIV was on Monday's. Can someone please clarify. :P

That's the way it was when I went and I haven't seen anyone report change. The K1/K3 is handled at the IV session on Friday.

Correct, but keep in mind though K-1,K-3 visas are technically NIV, but they are processed by the IV-Unit at the consulate so ACH for K-1, K-3 are held on Friday along with all other immigrant visas.