Hate Chinese Beds

I stood on a firm hotel mattress and my 180# didn't cause my feet to sink an inch into the bed.

The reason the hotels have such hard mattresses is so they NEVER have to replace them. Most of the mattresses have probably been in service since the time of the first Emperor.

And homes use plywood sheet so they don't need to buy a matress.

I stood on a firm hotel mattress and my 180# didn't cause my feet to sink an inch into the bed.

The reason the hotels have such hard mattresses is so they NEVER have to replace them. Most of the mattresses have probably been in service since the time of the first Emperor.

And homes use plywood sheet so they don't need to buy a matress.

Chinese beds are easy to move. I wonder if anyone tried to have them ship here.

My select comfort sleep number is 55 and hers is 100. Even at 100, she complains that it's way too soft. We are going back to China in a few weeks (she is going back in 2, and I am going in 3). I am not looking forward to the sleeping portion of the trip. Even on the select comfort bed, my back is killing me after about 6 hours of sleep (I have tried ever number between 30 and 90). I am going to die trying to sleep on her bed in China.

We slept on her plywood bed for about 6 months. I could never sleep past 7:30 AM. Sleeping was a chore... In the summer, she broke out the bamboo mat, "Because it was cooler" and we slept on that. A BAMBOO MAT!!! I am a hairy man. My body hair would get caught in the bamboo. It was VERY painful. many nights, I just put my sleeping bag on the floor. It was much softer.