Unique dining experience

panthr

My SO and I went out to this really cool Brazilian themed restaurant near the Garden Hotel in TianHe District. It is called the Latin Grillhouse at 29-31 Jian She Liu Ma Road. It is a LARGE buffet style all-you-can-eat for 68RMB for dinner and 40somethingRMB for lunch. They also come out to your table with skewers of fresh cooked meats. They also have live entertainment there everynight until 10pm. My SO absolutely went nuts over this place! The phone number is :(020)83319118

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My SO and I went out to this really cool Brazilian themed restaurant near the Garden Hotel in TianHe District. It is called the Latin Grillhouse at 29-31 Jian She Liu Ma Road. It is a LARGE buffet style all-you-can-eat for 68RMB for dinner and 40somethingRMB for lunch. They also come out to your table with skewers of fresh cooked meats. They also have live entertainment there everynight until 10pm. My SO absolutely went nuts over this place! The phone number is :(020)83319118

The restaurant you mentioned is actually in Yue Xiu District, about 15 mins by cab from the US consulate. They have another franchise restaurant in the Grandview Mall (Zheng Jia Guang Chang), which is closer to the US consulate.

Lunch RMB48, dinner RMB68. The price does not include drinks other than water.

Yvette

Yes, sounds interesting !! I will copy the addresses and definitely check it out when I return to GZ in the Spring. I have also been searching Guangzhou for a real Mexican restaurant, but to no avail ?? I have often wondered, how the Chinese would react to tacos, burritos, or enchiladas; and my favorite, a freshly made, chili relleno !!?? :rolleyes:

Yes, sounds interesting !! I will copy the addresses and definitely check it out when I return to GZ in the Spring. I have also been searching Guangzhou for a real Mexican restaurant, but to no avail ?? I have often wondered, how the Chinese would react to tacos, burritos, or enchiladas; and my favorite, a freshly made, chili relleno !!?? ;)

There's one Mexican restaurant near the Garden Hotel, but I'm not sure if they serve authentic Mexican food. :headbang:

Yvette

Yes, sounds interesting !! I will copy the addresses and definitely check it out when I return to GZ in the Spring. I have also been searching Guangzhou for a real Mexican restaurant, but to no avail ?? I have often wondered, how the Chinese would react to tacos, burritos, or enchiladas; and my favorite, a freshly made, chili relleno !!?? :lol:

Yeah there is what looks to be a combination Italian/Mexican restaurant if you go up and around the corner past Starbucks, but I havent dared to try it... In my experience bad mexican food is really bad but good mexican food is fantastic

Yes, sounds interesting !! I will copy the addresses and definitely check it out when I return to GZ in the Spring. I have also been searching Guangzhou for a real Mexican restaurant, but to no avail ?? I have often wondered, how the Chinese would react to tacos, burritos, or enchiladas; and my favorite, a freshly made, chili relleno !!?? :lol:

Yeah there is what looks to be a combination Italian/Mexican restaurant if you go up and around the corner past Starbucks, but I havent dared to try it... In my experience bad mexican food is really bad but good mexican food is fantastic

Hmmmmmm, a combination, Italian/Mexican restaurant, in China. That will most likely be very interesting to experience !!?? LOL

Sometimes, when I am in China for a couple of weeks, and I feel the need for Mexican food; I would settle for even really bad Mexican food !! LOL :P

Thank you Yvette and panthr, for the info !!

Hi,

I say the latin dinning was so good that during my trip to GZ me & Yvette went there 2 times. It is a real bargin and the food is super!

I highly recommend this place to anyone thinking about going there.

Cory :D

Thank you too, Cory !!

I have this place down on my calendar, to visit on my next trip !!

I will report back on all the important aspects, after trying it :ph34r:

My favorite in GZ .... Chinese Muslim ... yes, you heard me right.

Consulate, face street, turn right, walk maybe 150 meters to old Chinese gate. Enter gate, big pond, keep right around the big pond maybe 2nd (3rd?) small street on the corner ... Chinese Muslim. Inexpensive, different, delicious.

No pork, no beer, duhh!

For desert, continue to end of pond, take street straight ahead for just a few steps ... excellent bakery ... mmm good.

I have often wondered, how the Chinese would react to tacos, burritos, or enchiladas; and my favorite, a freshly made, chili relleno !!?? :lol:

Taco Bell does have a full fledge restaurant in Shanghai. Like Pizza Huts, the Taco Bells in China is not what you're thinking of in your head. It's a real restaurant with relatively expensive prices for the locals. I actually like the Taco Bell in Shanghai. I highly recommend the beef fajitas.

http://www.tacobell.com.cn/store.aspx

There seems to be two in ShenZhen and one in Shanghai.

I have often wondered, how the Chinese would react to tacos, burritos, or enchiladas; and my favorite, a freshly made, chili relleno !!?? :lol:

Taco Bell does have a full fledge restaurant in Shanghai. Like Pizza Huts, the Taco Bells in China is not what you're thinking of in your head. It's a real restaurant with relatively expensive prices for the locals. I actually like the Taco Bell in Shanghai. I highly recommend the beef fajitas.

Real interesting S-L !!

Some quick observations: Surprised there is a store in Shenzhen and not one in GZ !!??

The prices are not like McD¡¯s, they are pricey at 40RMB or more than $5.00 US, for an entree.

The star item in America, the Taco, and also the Burrito are absent from the menu ??

I know they do their studies, and market analysis, but it is still interesting.

I still think any one of us from the South West or California, could kick some butt with a Taco stand, on the corner in front of GUZ !! LOL

I actually just got back from Shanghai and Beijing and saw the Taco Bell in Shanghai. I didn't go in though. I have been to too many Taco Hells in the US. However, now I am kind of regretting not going in. Fang wants to experience all the different food types that are available in the US and I told her that I would take her to my favorite Mexican restaurant the first week we get in the US (hopefully early May!).

One thing that did strike me a little funny was the wait staff all were wearing sombreros. I had to laugh.