Praise the Lord!

Sorry it's been so long since my last post, but, like many, I've been in a holding pattern since the AOS papers were submitted. But now, finally, I've got a date set (March 16th) for the interview for the wife & daughter.

Now come the questions, even though I'm sure all have already been answered on the site somewhere.

The I-797C has a checklist of what to provide, including, quote: "A completed medical examination (Form I-693) and vaccination supplement in a sealed envelope (unless already submitted). Well, I submitted it with the AOS submission, so do I need another?

In fact, the phrase "unless already submitted" appears a couple of time and I'm sure I've submitted those forms (like the affidavit of support, for example.

Or are all the items on the checklist just a list of all the stuff I've already sent in? They look familiar.

I made copies of my wife's papers before sending them in, so I can bring those - but neglected to make copies for the daughter's papers. Is that going to be an issue?

I assume when it says stuff like, "If you have children, bring a Birth Certificate for each of your children.", they are referring to my wife, not me?

If someone can gice me some sort of overview, that would be great. I've got a lot of homework to do to get everything (and everyone) prepared.

Thanks!

Fred

see the pinned thread: AOS Interview

- You already submitted the medical and supplement, don't need another.

- I would follow the checklist.. if it's already submitted, bring a copy anyway.. they can ask for one.

- Daughters, no copies: that depends on the adjusting officer...

If she is not fluent, the instructions say to have an interpreter.. and it cannot be a family member from either side (including you!). Some have shared an exception case to this, but bring one if needed).

I brought all the duplicate stuff with me-except the medical things. They asked for tax info and 'proof' of relationship like my stepdaughters school records, joint bank account proof, them on my insurance policy, mail addressed to wifey at our home address etc.. (you really don't need all of these -just some ideas) Oh, and one picture of us together!!!!

Here's another question:

Our interview is set for 8:00 AM - the daughter's interview is at 8:30. Logistically, how will this work? Are me & my wife (w/ translator) alone in the room with the officer? Are we separated - asked questions - then back together? Does the daughter have to go in by herself? (she's fluent in English, so no translator will be needed, I assume)

Thanks for your help.

Fred

Here's another question:

Our interview is set for 8:00 AM - the daughter's interview is at 8:30. Logistically, how will this work? Are me & my wife (w/ translator) alone in the room with the officer? Are we separated - asked questions - then back together? Does the daughter have to go in by herself? (she's fluent in English, so no translator will be needed, I assume)

Thanks for your help.

Fred

Hey Fred. It's up to the interviewer. They may try a tactic like separating you and comparing answers. In one case, someone reported that they were left in the room without the IO who (they suspect) was watching from another room. In our case, the IO had the translator sit in back and not say anything for awhile, while we communicated as best as we could.

Assuming your wife passes, the daughter's should be a shoo-in, but whatever setup the IO deems appropriate.

Good luck and let us know