Today's Culture Lesson

One of the things that I have actually come to like about China is that I don't need to own a car.  Not having the expense and hassle of one has turned out to be rather nice since one can easily obtain public transportation.  Of course my wife is always bugging me to buy a car, but that is more a matter of the status that she is concerned about.

Wonderful point!

China's public transportation is quite better than in the US. Even for me, having lived in NYC, SF, and Boston, I really have enjoyed China. It is not just in the cities, but in the transit long distances between cities, to even remote regions, and all hours of the night.

It is one of the things that Europe has done well, and I certainly am proud of the transit in China.

On this, my darling and I are so happy to not own a car. She still wants to learn to drive, just in the case of emergency, but the fact that we will not need to drive back in Boston I think will be a great comfort for her (assuming that they reissue P4s again and she can actually come).

thanks for the thread...