light at the end of the tunnel

great news. just recieved notification that my wife's fbi namecheck cleared, been in namecheck 22 months. Also recieved notification a couple days ago via email that the welcome letter has been sent and green card should be here in less than 60 days. Thankyou Uscis for a xmas present saves me another work card, i-131 fees + filing writ of mandamus.

My wife's only been here 24 months finally welcomed. It's great to see all our hard working employees of the bureau of homeland insecurity and those speed demons at the fbi get off thier a**es and do something.

Best of luck to all you other namecheck hell folks, maybe the fbi has to clear thier books at the end of the year. might be a good time to check status.

happy new year & he hen duo pijiu

Dan

Maybe the USCIS should subcontract thier customer service overseas, can't get any worse :ph34r:

22 months huh? Since the expiration date for a 2 year card is from the interview approval date Isn't that just barely in time to file to remove conditions? I wonder if they will send the 10 year card instead.

22 months huh? Since the expiration date for a 2 year card is from the interview approval date Isn't that just barely in time to file to remove conditions? I wonder if they will send the 10 year card instead.

I don't know for sure which one they will send, but the welcome letter stated that they are issuing a 2 year card. They also said it should arrive witin 30 days. we are keepin our fingers crosssed and checking the mail everyday.

I don't quite understand your statement about 2 year removal of conditions of green card based on interview. Is it 2 years from date of marriage, two years from date of i-485 apllication, two years from fbi namecheck submission or two year from issue of greencard?

married feb 2005

i-485 application reciept feb 2005

fbi namecheck submitted march 2005

interview august 2005

thanks for all the replies & I know we are truly lucky

some of the other horror stories with the fbi nmecheck are a lot longer than ours

it is truly a crime that there is no accountability with that portion of immigration process.

best of to all

Dan & Gwen :cheering: :blink:

The two years starts from the date of issue. The day of your AOS interview when she was approved. Our AOS interview was 10/19/04 and even though the green card didn't arrive until 3 weeks later the issue date and expiration date is still 10/19. Since you are required to file to remove the conditions on her green card within 90 days prior to the expiration date if your green card doesn't come until 22 months later it would be just in time to have to get her another one. In my conversation with USCIS the other day they are taking a year to process the I-751 removal of conditions. Looks to me like she will have a valid green card for about 2 months before she will be in limbo again waiting on a new one

Congratulations Dansm! :cheering:

That was a nice Christmas present! We know, because we cleared "Name Check Hell" on the 15th of December and our Welcome Letter sent out on the 22nd of December. Yes it does feel good. Our time in "Hell" was shorter than yours, about 10 months (started in March 06, although our AOS Interview was in July 06....so we only had a 5 month wait after passing our interview). Whew it is a good feeling. And it will even be a better feeling when the green card arrives (ours is going to be a 10-year card according to the Welcome Letter).

Again, Congratulations! :cheering:

PapaBear :cheering:

• 2 weeks later...

The two years starts from the date of issue. The day of your AOS interview when she was approved. Our AOS interview was 10/19/04 and even though the green card didn't arrive until 3 weeks later the issue date and expiration date is still 10/19. Since you are required to file to remove the conditions on her green card within 90 days prior to the expiration date if your green card doesn't come until 22 months later it would be just in time to have to get her another one. In my conversation with USCIS the other day they are taking a year to process the I-751 removal of conditions. Looks to me like she will have a valid green card for about 2 months before she will be in limbo again waiting on a new one

Yahoo got the GC in the mail yesterday. thanks for the replies, It was a 2 year card but the issue date is 12/28/06 and it says the expiration date is 12/28/08. Based on that it looks at least my wife's card is not based on her interview but rather when they printed the card. So she's at least good for a couple of years. :huh:

So the year long wait doesn't sound to good to remove conditions. hopefully that'll go quicker in a couple of years. So what are you supposed to do while waiting to remove conditions? more i-131's and work cards?

Congrats Papa Bear & wife plus all the others getting greencards.

May the rest have a short as possible wait & good luck

Dansm

Yahoo got the GC in the mail yesterday. thanks for the replies, It was a 2 year card but the issue date is 12/28/06 and it says the expiration date is 12/28/08. Based on that it looks at least my wife's card is not based on her interview but rather when they printed the card. So she's at least good for a couple of years. :)

So the year long wait doesn't sound to good to remove conditions. hopefully that'll go quicker in a couple of years. So what are you supposed to do while waiting to remove conditions? more i-131's and work cards?

Congrats Papa Bear & wife plus all the others getting greencards.

May the rest have a short as possible wait & good luck

Dansm

:redblob: :huh: :P Congratulations Dansm!! :D ;) :redblob:

Glad to hear your's received her card. Looks like you have alittle breathing room too! I noticed your's was printed the same day our's was (12/28/06). Sure feels good to have the government's blessing with the green card in hand. You can sortta feel the freedom we all too often take for granite with the restrictions lifted with the issuance on the green card (residency,travel, employment, etc.). :D

Again......Congratulations!!!!! :cheering:

PapaBear B)

The 2 year card replaces EAD's and AP's. Nothing else is needed until Septerberish of 2008 when you need to file for removal of conditions.

Its not clear to me what her status was on arrival but if they've been married two years, isn't she entitled to a 10 year green card now?

The 2 year card replaces EAD's and AP's. Nothing else is needed until Septerberish of 2008 when you need to file for removal of conditions.

Its not clear to me what her status was on arrival but if they've been married two years, isn't she entitled to a 10 year green card now?

Their second anniversary is next month. :P