USCIS...made a boo boo...they made a boo boo

The AOS agencies of the USCIS are so screwed up I doubt they can do anything right. As I posted before they sent the NOA for removal of conditions with my wife's name wrong. I called them 2 months ago and was assured they would correct it and send out a new letter. I called them again today and after 2 hours on hold I find out nothing has been done. Further more the woman tells me it is now taking a year to process these cases. In a fit of anger I fired off this letter to my congressman which I am quite sure will help nothing.

Dear Congressman Blumenauer. I am writing to express my extreme displeasure with the service at the USCIS. Three months ago my wife and I filed the I-751 to remove the conditions from her green card. After a three week wait we received a notice of action with her name wrong on it. Instead of Bing XXXXX XXXXXXXXthey spelled her name Bing XXXXX XXXXX. I called them and was assured they would correct it and send us a new letter. Two months later we still haven't received anything. Today I called them again. After a 30 minute wait I was told by a USCIS representative that she couldn't help me and would have to transfer me to another officer. I was on hold for 1 1/2 hours before I was finally helped. The USCIS officer told me nothing had been done from the last time I called and assured me they would correct it. I hope so since the only proof my wife has that she is a legal resident in this country is that paper with her name wrong. Earl this agency is fraught with errors. I know many people going through the immigration process and from what I can see they make these kind of mistakes more often than they get it right. The woman I talked to today told me these cases take a year to process. That is ridiculous. Of course if they would process the paper work right they wouldn't have to spend so much time correcting mistakes and could process cases instead. My wife and I started this process almost 3 1/2 years ago. It took us a year to get her visa to come here. At that time adjustment of status cases were processed here in Portland and were pretty efficient. Since then they have centralized things and we had to file the I-751 through the Nebraska Service Center. The USCIS needs some serious overhauling Earl. Lengthy delays, mistakes and unsympathetic visa officers have the system bogged down in mire, My wife has had no less than 3 security checks, been finger printed and had her retina scanned twice and has filled out a mountain of confusing forms. How many times must the government use precious resources to keep making sure she is not a terrorist? There is no logical reason why it should take a year to process this simple case.

Sincerely

Carl

In today's mail we received our receipt. Did absolutely nothing different when we sent our package back the second time. My wife thinks that the USCIS employee who rejected our application the first time, probably had to much holiday cheer to drink. :drunk: :drunk:

In today's mail we received our receipt. Did absolutely nothing different when we sent our package back the second time. My wife thinks that the USCIS employee who rejected our application the first time, probably had to much holiday cheer to drink. :drunk: :drunk:

. . . or not enough ! :drunk: :drunk:

Shucks, you mean you don't get to have another heart stopping moment? Well just wait a while I'm sure USCIS has something special in mind for you. :drunk:

ah... I hate to correct you.. you did do something different... you sent it AGAIN. :drunk: