Year of the what???

If she said she is 30 using traditional counting she would have been born in 1977 and the year of the snake is correct. At birth Chinese count the child as one year old.

That is correct.

That's different. :blink: So, in western terminology she is really 29. :)

Thankyou for clearing this up.

Are you sure about that? do you want to tell me my wife is 1 year younger then she is and that she wasn't actually born on her birth date but rather was conceived on that date??? you got me totally confused now :lol:

I vote we all change our birthdays to today. :huh: It will be much simpler, don't you agree? Who's with me?

I understand now. I had figured it out from the age, birth month and day, so when she told me it was her 30th birthday I had assumed she was actually 30 years old. My bad. I've quickly learnt to never assume anything.

I agree too Charles, the visa would need the actual age in years, so I have made a note of this potential problem in my paperwork. I've noticed they like to use any excuse to extend the process and charge more money. A great society we live in when you have to pay for your mistakes, but not vice-versa.

Oh well, hopefully I can convince her to celebrate her 30th birthday for a second time next year. Hehe.

Edited by kenshin (see edit history)