Our current and 3rd blue slip

The now want the credit card statements showing I bought the tickets. ok fine I have them. They had the bank receipts showing this but................

They are saying I do no make enough money to file for her and lulu. Even with my assetts I have. It is not enough. Which it is. Just the equity in the house alone is good enough.

They say I need a co-sponsor. Well that is the story. \

No-one in my family will sign. So we are going to be SOL here. I will try and resubmit my I-134 about myself again and see. But no co-signers for us in my family I am sure.

Even if we get married, she will not get a visa for the same reason. I live on SSDisability.

Someone can tell me what is involved in staying in China to live? If so Pm me with the details.

Edited by rlheim (see edit history)
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought they were supposed to look at you assets when income is not enough. I submitted this before. I have enough equity in my house to be way over the demand. And i have income too. It is just enough to support one person though. Other personal assets that could be changed into cash in less than a year is pretty substantial too.

Has this rule changed on this?

Rick, you need to find a co sponsor, It doesn't have to be a family member. A friend, a neighbor, an acquaintance, anybody. As far as the assets being sufficient, I've read somewhere (I'm not sure where, but I remember reading about it) that while it is true that you can qualify by having enough assets, it is really up to the consulate's discretion whether you qualify or not.

It's time to look really hard at who you know and ask for this favor (Co signer).

You know I'm pulling for you, I wish you all the best and good luck!

Rick, you need to find a co sponsor, It doesn't have to be a family member. A friend, a neighbor, an acquaintance, anybody. As far as the assets being sufficient, I've read somewhere (I'm not sure where, but I remember reading about it) that while it is true that you can qualify by having enough assets, it is really up to the consulate's discretion whether you qualify or not.

It's time to look really hard at who you know and ask for this favor (Co signer).

With all the talk about the I184 going around when I explaine to them what cosponsor means, everyone will run like hell. Besides, I do not know anyone that makes enough money to be a cosponsor. You must be able to support your current situation and the 2 additional people and meet the 125 above poverty rule. Am I right about this?

With all the talk about the I184 going around when I explaine to them what cosponsor means, everyone will run like hell. Besides, I do not know anyone that makes enough money to be a cosponsor. You must be able to support your current situation and the 2 additional people and meet the 125 above poverty rule. Am I right about this?

Yes you are right. And yes, who in their right mind would sign a I-864 as a co-sponser knowing what could possibly happen?

Yes, if it's you and 2 beneficiaries, it amounts to 3 people in you household

If the cosponsor has 3 children and a wife and himself. that is 5 of his own. Then 2 more added to his figures is 7. That is $36,412.00. I do not know anyone that makes that kind of money. Most of the people I know make around 24 - 30 a year. and the ship sinks slowly....................

What I don't understand is why did they not tell you this a long time ago when they first saw your I-134? Why did they subject you to all of this torture and waiting only to tell you on the 3rd blue slip that you needed a co-sponser. Doesn't make sense to me.

I suspect that the low income triggered the fraud suspicion, and once that was eliminated they are now asking for a co sponsor.

If the cosponsor has 3 children and a wife and himself. that is 5 of his own. Then 2 more added to his figures is 7. That is $36,412.00. I do not know anyone that makes that kind of money. Most of the people I know make around 24 - 30 a year. and the ship sinks slowly....................

If you can meet the 125% level for a household size of 2, you then only need a co-sponsor to list your daughter.

You need to check the numbers you are using, they appear to be out of date. http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864p.pdf

The now want the credit card statements showing I bought the tickets. ok fine I have them. They had the bank receipts showing this but................

They are saying I do no make enough money to file for her and lulu. Even with my assetts I have. It is not enough. Which it is. Just the equity in the house alone is good enough.

No-one in my family will sign. So we are going to be SOL here. I will try and resubmit my I-134 about myself again and see. But no co-signers for us in my family I am sure.

Even if we get married, she will not get a visa for the same reason. I live on SSDisability.

Someone can tell me what is involved in staying in China to live? If so Pm me with the details.

If you decide to move to China, disability has to continue to send you monthly checks in China. Your money would go a lot further there.

If you decide to move to China, disability has to continue to send you monthly checks in China. Your money would go a lot further there.

Assuming your SSD checks are direct deposit, you could just use your debit card to obtain cash in China. You could also deposit you proceeds from eventual sale of your home and access that money from China the same way.

People who have looked more into retirement in China can provide some more details for you but from a high level, you would need either and "employer" in China for a long term visa or every few months you would need to leave China and return again using a new visa. This isn't a huge deal. I think it's a two or three hour train ride to Viet Nam. Your prescription medicine could probably be relayed by mail or simply obtained in China. Any medical care would be out of pocket but it is not nearly as expensive there as it is here. For China, you have a good income.

I'd give it a shot by answering the blue slip. She can probably do it by mail without showing up in GUZ. As somebody else said, there are guidelines. Technically you meet them but the VO must still be satisfied that your wife and daughter will not become a public charge. As a practical matter, you will always need housing, so converting the equity in your home is a temporary solution to a permanent problem.

I agree that the low income from disability along with your recent divorce is likely what sparked the fraud suspicion. Now they want more current financials and have suggested a co-sponsor. You'll just have to do the best you can or bag it and move to China.

It might be helpful to provide the exact words on the blue slip instead of your interpretation. Perhaps there's a further clue there to additional eyes.

I don't want to detract from the topic but ... Doesn't being married to a citizen of the PRC allow one to have a long term or better visa in the PRC?

IMHO it seems like someone is determined to continue to justify the original blue slip so they peeled back on the I134 with more detail. If you do meet the requirements then resubmit that along with the proof that you paid for your own trips there.

Best of luck to you.