Approved for Green Card!

We went to Indianapolis for the interview yesterday and the wife was approved for the green card! She was so happy and relieved. The lady officer asked us a lot of questions. Most questions were basic. The only time the sweat really broke out is when my wife got a little nervous and told the officer her birthday wrong. We laughed about it later, but I just about fell off my chair when it happened because my honey had asked me so many times to make sure I could remember the date right. The officer put her face very close to the papers and then said "Your birthday is when??" Then my sweety said, "OH!" and told her correctly. The officer looked thru all the papers checking the birthdate and then asked for our birth certificates and wanted a copy too. The officer smiled and said something about everybody being a little nervous. She wanted our marriage books and certificates and bank records and wanted other proof of our living together. The officer looked over my last 3 years of tax records very closely too. I would say the interview took about 15-20 minutes. We had everything that we had already sent in before from the very beginning of the visa process and copies. Even though it means taking a lot of stuff you most definately need to make copies and take everything. She remarked that I was very organized and everything looked good and you are approved. The officer had apparently looked over our pictures very closely before our interview as she made comments about the size of our wedding party and how good it looked. My wife told the officer that she had just given her the best christmas present of the year and then wished the officer a merry christmas and happy new year!

We want to give a very special thanks to all on this site that helped us when we had questions. I used an expensive attorney for the visa and then after we found this site we decided to not use one to continue and did not need one thanks to all the people on here so kind to offer advice and past experience and tell you what you need to do.

We give another very special thanks to Tine Martin and his family. What a great help. Thanks so, so much for all your help. This spring you will have to come to visit and we will catch some of those fish I have been telling you about.

Merry christmas to everybody and have a happy new year!! My chinese honey and I are looking so much forward to spending our first christmas holiday together. Christmas is less than 2 weeks off and we are going to finish our decorating tonight in our house. She was a lot of fun to take to look at decorations for the house.

Thanks to all.

Ed and Yilan Reed

We went to Indianapolis for the interview yesterday and the wife was approved for the green card! She was so happy and relieved. The lady officer asked us a lot of questions. Most questions were basic. The only time the sweat really broke out is when my wife got a little nervous and told the officer her birthday wrong. We laughed about it later, but I just about fell off my chair when it happened because my honey had asked me so many times to make sure I could remember the date right. The officer put her face very close to the papers and then said "Your birthday is when??" Then my sweety said, "OH!" and told her correctly. The officer looked thru all the papers checking the birthdate and then asked for our birth certificates and wanted a copy too. The officer smiled and said something about everybody being a little nervous. She wanted our marriage books and certificates and bank records and wanted other proof of our living together. The officer looked over my last 3 years of tax records very closely too. I would say the interview took about 15-20 minutes. We had everything that we had already sent in before from the very beginning of the visa process and copies. Even though it means taking a lot of stuff you most definately need to make copies and take everything. She remarked that I was very organized and everything looked good and you are approved. The officer had apparently looked over our pictures very closely before our interview as she made comments about the size of our wedding party and how good it looked. My wife told the officer that she had just given her the best christmas present of the year and then wished the officer a merry christmas and happy new year!

We want to give a very special thanks to all on this site that helped us when we had questions. I used an expensive attorney for the visa and then after we found this site we decided to not use one to continue and did not need one thanks to all the people on here so kind to offer advice and past experience and tell you what you need to do.

We give another very special thanks to Tine Martin and his family. What a great help. Thanks so, so much for all your help. This spring you will have to come to visit and we will catch some of those fish I have been telling you about.

Merry christmas to everybody and have a happy new year!! My chinese honey and I are looking so much forward to spending our first christmas holiday together. Christmas is less than 2 weeks off and we are going to finish our decorating tonight in our house. She was a lot of fun to take to look at decorations for the house.

Thanks to all.

Ed and Yilan Reed

Congratulations on you two, Merry Christmas to you and a happy new year

What a great story and thanks for sharing it. It kinda reminds me of me of my wife¡¯s interview. The guy interviewing us was an immigrant too with a real strong accent. I could barely understand him let alone my wife who was learning English.

He left us alone in the office to check on something and that¡¯s when I suspect they turn on the camera and microphone (his office was bugged) and watch and listen from a different place. He came back smiling to let her know that she would be receiving her green card in a couple of weeks.

Merry Christmas to both of you!

Congrats to the both of you!

My wifes welcome letter came this weekend. :lol:

My wife got her christmas present a few days early. Dec. 22 nd, her green card came in the mail! We did not expect it to come so fast after the interview which was on Dec. 12 th.. Things have moved along at a good pace since she got here.