Interview done, I-601 granted, when to receive visa?

Drew

Interview was Jan 2006. Had to pull FAM regulations to justify I-601 waiver after 4 month delay on my own and dodged expensive lawyers.

I-601 waiver was granted Nov 2006 and consulate notified.

Consulate contacted by myself and 2 senators offices.

Response made to me today, Nov 29, 2006, was her case is waiting in line for review?

I believe regulations state that visas are to be processed as rapidly as possible. Given current delays, time line as stated and trying to avoid issues resulting from the delays....

What course of action is required to get this completed and bring her home?

I want my fiance here before Christmas.

I hope this provides sufficient preface with my current status.... the visa is ready to be completed and needs to be done so promptly.

Who do I call? What regs do I pull? What do I do to get this expedited?

Drew

Patience, I just read about another member who had waiver done for being a former member of the CPC, they called her and had her visit the consulate for visa, sounded like she did not expect the call.

Not much you can do to hurry things along.

Guest ShaQuaNew

I want my fiance here before Christmas.

I hope this provides sufficient preface with my current status.... the visa is ready to be completed and needs to be done so promptly.

Who do I call? What regs do I pull? What do I do to get this expedited?

Drew

Drew, wishing you both the best with speedy processing to meet your hope in her being here before Christmas. Honestly though, as with anything to do with immigration, unless you've got the FBI or high-ranking government leglislator in your hip pocket, there probably is little you can do to get them to do their job more quickly, or expedite a particular case. Seems like you've done everything and more that you can possibly do. One of the hardest things to do in this process is surrender control. That's simply something we all must do.

Good luck to both of you...

I spoke with DOS today. I think the agitation I have with all of this came across loud and clear but I continued to explain my frustration with all of this and asking questions on what I can do to push things along.

It came down to a simple next step for me. I will wait to hear back from the consulate their responses to both of the senators offices. I asked the DOS guy if it would be inappropriate for me to call the chief consular directly myself as the next step if unsatisfied with response to senators offices.

Considering the information contained within the case, he didn't think that would be inappropriate. DOS confirms that EVERYTHING that has been requested has checked out and gone thru with flying colors. As it should have.

Just the fact that my own father is former U.S. Marshall and U.S. Secret Service is something that is noted on my own background checks. The FBI contact I have is actually agitated personally that this is not complete and has helped me as many ways as possible to date. He has checked everything and cannot understand why this is taking so long.

I don't want to refocus my energies and obsess over this situation, but this has become such a problem that it has strained my relationship with my fiance in a negative way. She never really wanted to come here but instead have me move there. All of this is only justifying to her that I should have done what she wanted. She has a good job and the longer she stays in it she realizes based on information from others that coming here will be stepping back before square 1 for her. I have an engineering job here in the states and was sent there for a project in 2005.

When we met, she had just started her job 3 months before meeting back in Jan 2005 after she graduated school. She had no real comprehension at that time how she would later become to enjoy her job. It has made her further question why she should come here to be with me and give up her life, friends and family. Not to mention the stress that all of this has created in her personal life explaining to everyone why she has not left to be with me here. She is also upset because we have not seen each other since last June and why we seem to be so "Unlucky".

To top if all off, she is upset we did not get married last spring when I was there. I explained this would only result in further complications but this is difficult to explain when she doesn't understand the full magnitude of what it's taken to get to the point where we are.

I've said enough for now I believe.

Drew

I found out this morning that the consulate requested a background check saying that the previous one had expired.

I phone DOS this morning and they told me we are VERY LUCKY that it cleared this morning at 8 AM!!!

The lady at DOS said UNBELIEVABLE!

The email telling me they requested a background check was in response to an email that I sent pulling 9 FAM 41.81 PN3.1 stating they had 30 days to complete issuance of a fiance visa upon completion of information supplied.

I believe that means she should have within the next 30 days??

Anyone have a response??