Hi y'all .....

Just posting to say hi to all. I am in the process of getting my loved one to the US. Your site has been very useful and hopeful as well.

My wife and I were married last july in Shenzhen after jumping thru hoops in Guangzho. Had two wonderful weeks together. Filed I-130 form in early September and received reciept. I am returning to China in January for another week in Shenzhen and Hong Kong as Caifeng now had a pass port for HK. We met online, and haven't stopped talking to each other since.

Any and all advice is appreciated. Thank you for all you do!

Chef Mike

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is hold onto your shorts. I have noticed that even though the time lines have been getting shorter there is always the chance that some world event not even connected to our getting our loved ones here can bog down the entire system. Just keep your sense of humor and keep focused on the prize and she will be here before you know it (even though it might take a year and a half).

Hi Mike... :D I do hope that your greeting doesn't mean that you're a Texan... :blink: Because we're full up on Texans right now...yeah we're up to our armpits in 'em and couldn't possibly take another one onboard without sinking the ship...so please be from somewhere else Mike...anywhere else would do...otherwise...best of luck... :D

Welcome to CFL. It's customary for all chefs to invite CFL members to a big feast once your SO makes it to the States. :blink:

Just educate yourself to all the steps in the process so that you have all the information you need on hand for each step. Double check all your paperwork before you send it in. Make sure to copy everything before you send it in. Take plenty of photos. Save your phone records and email records. Save your plane tickets and such for evidence of a bonafide relationship.

If you haven't already done so, check out the Cultural Village in Shenzhen. It is quite fascinating.

Good Luck!

Hi Mike... :D I do hope that your greeting doesn't mean that you're a Texan... :blink: Because we're full up on Texans right now...yeah we're up to our armpits in 'em and couldn't possibly take another one onboard without sinking the ship...so please be from somewhere else Mike...anywhere else would do...otherwise...best of luck... :D

Hi Mike and welcome (regardless of your roots).

As you can see there are people who are so jealous of Texans that they actually try to belittle us. Eh' Cheese-Boy?

Hello Mike

Welcome to Candle! :D

Theres a world of learning here on Candle,

and they really or some smart folks...and some smart A$$es...

but don't ask me cause I don't know nothing...

Hi Mike... :D I do hope that your greeting doesn't mean that you're a Texan... :D Because we're full up on Texans right now...yeah we're up to our armpits in 'em and couldn't possibly take another one onboard without sinking the ship...so please be from somewhere else Mike...anywhere else would do...otherwise...best of luck... :D

and O don't worry about Roggie, Roger or Rog

His mama drop him on his head when he was a baby

about 100years ago and plus he is from CheseWizConSin....

Those are his good points :blink:

Bobby....

Wecome to CFL and best of luck. My wife is from Shenzhen also I just got back yesterday...

Rick & Liyan

Just posting to say hi to all. I am in the process of getting my loved one to the US. Your site has been very useful and hopeful as well.

My wife and I were married last july in Shenzhen after jumping thru hoops in Guangzho. Had two wonderful weeks together. Filed I-130 form in early September and received reciept. I am returning to China in January for another week in Shenzhen and Hong Kong as Caifeng now had a pass port for HK. We met online, and haven't stopped talking to each other since.

Chef Mike

Welcome to Candle, Mike.

Welcome to CFL Mike ;) :welcome: You might want to check out Visajourney.com as well and I suggest that you add your timeline to your signature - it will help in the future when you post questions. Just Click on My Controls in the upper right hand portion of the website. Then click on edit signature and then go to the signature window and type in your timeline. Check out the FAQs for the abbrevations and other useful information as well.

Welcome to CFL Mike. You will find friends here. I noticed you said "your site" in your post. Now that you're a member is is "our site" Welcome aboard. Now as far as the Texican thing I can assure you that the great northwest, particularly Oregon is the only decent place to be from. The best thing to ever come out of Texas is Hwy 287.

Welkome, Mike, and be sure to take a bath every Saturday night whether or not you need it - there is a guy around here named Mikey who likes good smelling guys :D :P .

Wheel Man

Chef Mike