Some Questions regarding to Pack 3

Thanks for your comments.

We have three questions regarding to the pack 3.

1. Where can I obtain my police report? We are living in a city in Shandong Province and both of us are foreigner's. We know that our school registered us with the local police when we came to this city to teach.

2. I want to know if I should go to local police office first or the Notary office?

3. We want to know if we should submit all the photocopies of the documents that they asked for with the pack 3? Are we to sumbit the original copies of the police record now or later?

Thanks, we will appreciate your advice.

Our regards

Do not submit any documents with P3. Bring them to your medical exam (after you get P4), and they will get put in a sealed envelope.

See the following threads:

Foreign National Police Certificate for China

Paper for Police

So, what are the documents that we need to send with pack 3?

We have DS 230 Part 1 and Form 169.

I guess we don't need to send the I-864 or the 213A, do we?

Also Is there some place where I can get my I-864 notarized in Tai'an or Jinan. I'm almost 8 months pregnant and don't want to make that long 8 hour train trip to the American Embassy in Beijing. Are there other places to get it notarized besided at the American Embassy? We live in Tai'an and Jinan, the capital of this province is only an hour from me by bus?

Thanks

Edited by harvestgal (see edit history)

So, what are the documents that we need to send with pack 3?

We have DS 230 Part 1 and Form 169.

I guess we don't need to send the I-864 or the 213A, do we?

Also Is there some place where I can get my I-864 notarized in Tai'an or Jinan. I'm almost 8 months pregnant and don't want to make that long 8 hour train trip to the American Embassy in Beijing. Are there other places to get it notarized besided at the American Embassy? We live in Tai'an and Jinan, the capital of this province is only an hour from me by bus?

Thanks

Here's what's in the DCF FAQ:

About the P3...

- You need the DS-230 Part I.

- The OF-169 is a list of things you need to collect to bring to the interview. You only need to sign the paper and mail it back to Guangzhou with the DS-230. The OF-169 is in chinese and english.

- The I-864 is in P3, but you don't need to mail it back. You will take the I-864 with you to the interview.

I would get the I-864 notarized at the consulate the day(s) before the interview... does that work out?