AOS Interview today Kansas City for Son

We arrived 15 minutes early for the interview and the IO called us in 20 minutes after our appointment time. We presented all of our passports and he took us back to his office. Then he examined the passports a bit more and I handed him my wife¡¯s green card, which apparently cleared things up for him.

The first thing he did was removed the I-94 from our sons passport. Then he moved on to the file. The first question was concerning the G-28, Notice of Appearance, which we filed with the I-485. He asked what my relationship to the applicant was and I stated ¡°step-father¡±, which we listed on the form. He then wanted to know why and I explained it was easier for me to call from work to discuss the case than to keep our son out of school so he could validate I was authorized to discuss his case.

He then verified name, address, date of birth, mother and father name. He did not wait for an answer before moving on to put a red check beside the item. Then he got to the questions on the back of the I-485. He then went through the basics himself without really wanting any input, he did ask our son if he was a criminal and before we explained the question completely he moved on.

He then printed the interview results for us and explained they would need further processing. The form stated:

YOUR CASE WILL BE ADJUDICATED WITHIN 120 DAYS FROM TODAY¡¯S DATE OR WITHIN 120 DAYS OF SUBMISSION OF THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTATION. INQUIRIES RECEIVED PRIOR TO 120 DAYS WILL NOT BE ANSWERED.

Your application is currently under further review; a written decision will be issued as soon as the review is completed.

I asked what the holdup was and he said security check. My response was ¡°for a 10 year old boy?¡± I then got the ¡°we should have an answer within 30 days¡± response. Which prompted, ¡°Then why are you instructing us not to contact you before 120 days?¡± He explained it should be taken care of soon.(wonder where I¡¯ve heard that before.)

Our son was extremely disappointed because he did not get his green card and we explained it was the government. So on our way back home I decided we had nothing to loose and the whole family went to our representative¡¯s office.

I explained the situation and told him it this was just not acceptable, we showed up for the interview prepared with evidence and such and they were not ready to complete the case. I informed him that I was not willing to wait 120 days and I wanted a few answers that the USCIS was unwilling or unable to answer.

He is going to request a status from the FBI concerning the name check, my only desire is for someone to knock the dust off the file and realize this is for a 10-year-old boy and move things along.

The next on may be interesting, but I asked him to request a written explanation as to why my son had to miss a day of school, my wife had to miss a day of school and I had to take a day of vacation for a case that by the behavior of the IO did not require our presence. This was a non-interview, there was no request evidence and the IO answered the majority of the questions without input from us including the infamous Communist Party question. Should be interesting to see how they justify this interview.

We will see how this goes, but we are now at the beginning of name check hell or so it appears. Who knows we may have to get his 10 finger prints done before they actually get around to issuing a green card. :blink:

Lee, i was told by the IO at our AOS Interview that anyone under 15 DOES NOT NEED the security check done!!

Yep, that was my understanding too. I want to see the results come back from the congressmans office on that one.

Anyway, I'm heading down to the IRS in the morning to fight about getting an ITIN for him as I don't imagine we will be able to get an SSN anytime soon.

Lee, i was told by the IO at our AOS Interview that anyone under 15 DOES NOT NEED the security check done!!

Yep, that was my understanding too. I want to see the results come back from the congressmans office on that one.

Anyway, I'm heading down to the IRS in the morning to fight about getting an ITIN for him as I don't imagine we will be able to get an SSN anytime soon.

At my stepdaughter's AOS appointment last December 1st, we were told to wait until the G-325 FBI Namecheck was completed. The IO said check back with them in 180 days.

Has anybody ever heard of a G-325 FBI namecheck?

Sorry to hear that this happened and I hope your Congressman can clear things up. It is just insane the way this agency goes about things. Seems each office has their own procedure and there is no real consistency of process from case to case. I agree with what someone above said when he referred to the fact that while they are busy checking out a 10 year old boy, some bad guy could be slipping through. Of course, if a 10 year old came across the border illegally with his parents, it would be no problem. Government would probably give him free health care and a scholarship to a private school of choice. :angry:

Sorry, I'll stop before I start ranting about the injustice of this whole system.

At what office did this occur?

Guest ShaQuaNew
...I asked what the holdup was and he said security check. My response was ¡°for a 10 year old boy?¡± I then got the ¡°we should have an answer within 30 days¡± response. Which prompted, ¡°Then why are you instructing us not to contact you before 120 days?¡± He explained it should be taken care of soon.(wonder where I¡¯ve heard that before.)....

Oh my freaking GOD!!

Sorry to hear that this happened and I hope your Congressman can clear things up. It is just insane the way this agency goes about things. Seems each office has their own procedure and there is no real consistency of process from case to case. I agree with what someone above said when he referred to the fact that while they are busy checking out a 10 year old boy, some bad guy could be slipping through. Of course, if a 10 year old came across the border illegally with his parents, it would be no problem. Government would probably give him free health care and a scholarship to a private school of choice. :ph34r:

Sorry, I'll stop before I start ranting about the injustice of this whole system.

At what office did this occur?

That would be the Kansas City office, who by the way will handle the removal of conditions in 2 more years and then handle him getting his REAL security check and a new green card when he turns 14.

The funny part is the DHS guards know my wife and son by name and our son has only been there once. :lol: