What ya think?

I checked our status online and got a different message this time. The message previously was there for almost 2 years.

This is what they said......

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Fingerprints review completed.

Review of the fingerprints taken relating to this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS has been completed. Processing of this case continues. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I cannot find Missouri Service Center. Is that the Kansas, Missouri SC office?

I am still in shock.

Patrick & Li

Guest ShaQuaNew

Patrick, I think that's the news you have been waiting for. The fingerprints are the clearance that's had you hung up. If that's finished, you should be hearing something soon. Not sure if you will see APPROVED on line before the welcome letter, but I don't think you will have to wait much longer.

While fingerprint approval is a part of the process for everyone, does the USCIS routinely communicate to the petitioner that the fingerprint check has been passed?

Guest ShaQuaNew

Patrick, I think that's the news you have been waiting for. The fingerprints are the clearance that's had you hung up. If that's finished, you should be hearing something soon. Not sure if you will see APPROVED on line before the welcome letter, but I don't think you will have to wait much longer.

While fingerprint approval is a part of the process for everyone, does the USCIS routinely communicate to the petitioner that the fingerprint check has been passed?

Updating the website is different that communicating with the petitioner. I haven't seen anyone post that info before that the site was updated with that verbiage. But then, most folks don't pay attention to AOS filings because the info is suspect.

Don, are you speaking of the USCIS website that requires anyone with a receipt number for immigration to sign up for an account? If so, whatever goes on there is considered communication. I think most of those filing are familar with that site and check there often to see what's going on. Also, one can include their email address so that they receive notificaiton anytime status changes. Doesn't the USCIS send a letter to the petitioner whenever status changes? They surely have for our case; that is, Receipt notice, biometrics appointment notice, transfer to CA notice, receipt at California notice. Each of those notices appeared both on the USCIS website, and we also received a hardcopy mailing, via US mail. Is that not routine?

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

Don, are you speaking of the USCIS website that requires anyone with a receipt number for immigration to sign up for an account? If so, whatever goes on there is considered communication. I think most of those filing are familar with that site and check there often to see what's going on. Also, one can include their email address so that they receive notificaiton anytime status changes. Doesn't the USCIS send a letter to the petitioner whenever status changes? They surely have for our case; that is, Receipt notice, biometrics appointment notice, transfer to CA notice, receipt at California notice. Each of those notices appeared both on the USCIS website, and we also received a hardcopy mailing, via US mail. Is that not routine?

Alathough we received hard copy snail mail letters of approval our web site status never changed and the e-mail notification of status change did not arrive until long after the snail mail. We were never "communicated" to about security check status or fingerprint status at any time.

Edited by yuehan123 (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

Hey Patrick ... I would be optimistic ... you know something is happening ... and it sounds like progress!

This whole process is so difficult but waiting when you are together with your Lao Po is so much better than waiting apart.

While this could be good news, it certainly sounds like something out-of-the-ordinary is going on.

I checked our status online and got a different message this time. The message previously was there for almost 2 years.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Review of the fingerprints taken relating to this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS has been completed. Processing of this case continues. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you....

Patrick, is it true that you've been waiting two years for a fingerprint approval? Were you ever notified that your petition would be delayed for a suspected hit on the fingerprints? Despite the need for all of us to reach for optimism, this indeed sounds very unusual...

They state that "processing on the case continues." That review of the fingerprints is completed; what are the findings?

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

We've had a similar change also:

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On January 20, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

OUr's too has a similar change:

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On May 2, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Are we outside their processing dates? I think so! So what's up with this change? Just an attempt by USCIS to say they're working on this completely useless "On-Line Status" tool. Bah Humbug!! Don't hold your breath!

PapaBear :rolleyes:

Guest ShaQuaNew

I wanted to re-state that the OP was referring to fingerprints taking more than two years to get approved and not to any statement about an RFE as the previous two post elude:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=257776

It's difficult to tell from Patrick's post just why, or if he had been contacted about a delay in AOS relating to a problem with fingerprints. Additionally, it's not possible to surmise that even though the USCIS says the review of fingerprints is complete, exactly what that means; whether they've been approved, or not, as the petition is still undergoing analysis.

Hey Patrick ... I would be optimistic ... you know something is happening ... and it sounds like progress!

This whole process is so difficult but waiting when you are together with your Lao Po is so much better than waiting apart.

While this could be good news, it certainly sounds like something out-of-the-ordinary is going on.

Review of the fingerprints taken relating to this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS has been completed. Processing of this case continues. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you....

Patrick, is it true that you've been waiting two years for a fingerprint approval? Were you ever notified that your petition would be delayed for a suspected hit on the fingerprints? Despite the need for all of us to reach for optimism, this indeed sounds very unusual...

They state that "processing on the case continues." That review of the fingerprints is completed; what are the findings?

Patrick and Li's case is rather unique. Therefore, a rather unique response from the USCIS is only fitting.

Patrick and Li's case is rather unique. Therefore, a rather unique response from the USCIS is only fitting.

It seems more plausable that something was "lost" and has just been "found", allowing the case to continue.

As for the new verbage; maybe it was the elections. :)

Keep us informed.

No, In fact, We were in NAMECHECK hell. For all practical purposes, we have been approved except for that namecheck.

I wrote my Senator about 2 months ago, and they sent me a letter stating that they could inquire about the status of our case with USCIS but there was nothing they could do about the Namecheck. So yes, we have waited since 10-2004 for our Namecheck to clear. Our interview was approved pending the Namecheck in February 2006.

Patrick & Li

Guest ShaQuaNew

No, In fact, We were in NAMECHECK hell. For all practical purposes, we have been approved except for that namecheck.

I wrote my Senator about 2 months ago, and they sent me a letter stating that they could inquire about the status of our case with USCIS but there was nothing they could do about the Namecheck. So yes, we have waited since 10-2004 for our Namecheck to clear. Our interview was approved pending the Namecheck in February 2006.

Patrick & Li

Congratulations to both of you. It looks like the log-jam has broken. Did you ever get an explanation as to the reason for the delay? Not that it matters, as I don't think it likely that they ever disclose that sort of thing. Anyway, wishing you both the best in moving forward...