OT - Going to Beijing...

Just south of the Tiananmen Square is the Tiantann (Temple of Heaven) Park. I thought it was one of the nicer places that we visited. Also try the Confucian Temple. See the Lonely Planet guide for information on both. Seems that everytime we go to Beijing we manage to find something new to us.

try the quanjude beijing duck ...very delicious ! Purple bamboo park very nice ...beijing zoo , Summer palace , Beihai park , Ethnic park are on the cities inner limits . also the temple of heaven is nice especially during lunar new year festival ; have fun !!

my fiance was stay Beijing a week. but we did not go anywhere because we was worry about got SARS. we was just stay the hotel most of times. So they had found there are someone got SARS at Beijing now. So I think you have to better stay home or hotel, it would be safe.

It was quite cold and very windy when we visited the Great Wall. But being the outdoorsy athletic type, I enjoyed it - And it was a great workout for working off the pounds I gained from the good cooking of my mother-in-law. :unsure: I met more English-speaking people there than anyplace. It is almost exclusively Mandarin in Beijing.