After DHL delievers the NVC file, does it get updated into the system?

Hi,

Sorry guys if I ask you the same questions that I asked before. I am just very anxious and desparate regarding GZ to receive my paper file of K1 from NVC because of my unique situation. NVC sent my packet to GZ instead of Seoul. So, I am waiting for transfer of the file from GZ to Seoul. On the DHL records, the shippment was singned by stamp on the 10th or the 13th of Oct. What also makes me think the packet was arrived that I was told they received my packet on the 11th when I called Visa Info Center in China. I called Visa Info Center again last week, and they said they had no record of my case. I called DOS yeterday, and they said GZ noted the info was a mistake and have not received my packet yet. GZ also mentioned in email inquires that they did not have my file yet.

Since my file do not have to be placed in the storage room(if there is a such thing) to be processed in GZ, I hope they could just mail them out to Seoul when they receive the file. I feel crushed if my file is in GZ but just waiting to be inputted in the system for a two months and then mailed out to Seoul. Another wait in Seoul begins after that....

Any advise for this situation?

BTW, GZ embassy always been helpful and quick in responding email inquiries. I guess they just have two many petitions to handle. You should have more than one consulate to handle Visas due to the size of the country. I heard China is bigger than US in size.

Thank you again for reading my long story.

Edited by Theresa (see edit history)

I would only suggest that a package of cases was received.. that's all you can verify through DHL or anyone able to look at the the shipment of cases...

You said, "they received my packet"... not sure what this means; there is a signing of receiving packages to storage (at the White Swan is where they sit)... so it's not clear if you mean the Visa Info Center is simply confirming the DHL signing or they mean GUZ has taken it inhouse.

Based on the sign date of Oct 10 (or 13) I cannot see how GUZ would take it inhouse already... Just because GUZ signs does not mean it is physically at the consulate... I would believe this till they said it was entered in the computer.

It's not clear that anyone knows anything specificially about any one case in the shipments till GUZ takes them out of the storage and enters them in the computer...

If your able to figure out something more than this for a shipment prior to getting entered in a computer, then we would certainly like to hear more.

You could try to send an email to GUZ (but you don't have a GUZ number to reference)... but maybe ask them if they can individual case out of holding or not.

it can take 40+ to get entered in the GUZ computer...

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

Ok, so they do have a storage space to put the received NVC file. Right? I am assuming mine is in there. When I called Visa info center for the first time, I gave an operator my GUZ number and she told me GZ received my file(not imply DHL delivered my packet). But a week later, a different lady said she had no record of my case. I have a GUZ number assigned by NVC and GZ received my electronic file in Sept. Do you think I can ask GZ to go to the storage to find my file to ship out to a different embassy? Is it too much to ask?

Ok, so they do have a storage space to put the received NVC file. Right? I am assuming mine is in there. When I called Visa info center for the first time, I gave an operator my GUZ number and she told me GZ received my file(not imply DHL delivered my packet). But a week later, a different lady said she had no record of my case. I have a GUZ number assigned by NVC and GZ received my electronic file in Sept. Do you think I can ask GZ to go to the storage to find my file to ship out to a different embassy? Is it too much to ask?

You can ask (and I would); the bigger question is whether GUZ will do anything to find it earlier than normal handling...