Another Step; Another Wait

Just an update on our path.

About a month ago, we filed all the necessary paperwork for the removal of conditions on Li's green card and residency status. Last week received notice from USCIS-Memphis that the paperwork had been received. No processing time was mentioned. All the letter said was, "If you haven't heard anything in six months, contact us."

At least they didn't ask for a seventh set of fingerprints. B)

Wonder what would happen to any business that treated its paying customers that way. :D

After all we have been through since starting this mess inn 2001, I am not the least bit surprised. :lol:

About a month ago, we filed all the necessary paperwork for the removal of conditions on Li's green card and residency status. Last week received notice from USCIS-Memphis that the paperwork had been received. No processing time was mentioned. All the letter said was, "If you haven't heard anything in six months, contact us."

At least they didn't ask for a seventh set of fingerprints. :angry:

Wonder what would happen to any business that treated its paying customers that way. <_<

After all we have been through since starting this mess inn 2001, I am not the least bit surprised. :ph34r:

Mick,

I filed the I-751 for my wife two months ago and last Saturday we received the notice for extention the green card for 1 year. Also, she will go for biometric (finger prints) next week. I believe your wife will have to be finger printed again. Hope the process will be speedier than before.

It is what it is. Everything has to go thru a process... You've gone this far.... what is important is you have your honey and .. is that your baby now?.... You are so blessed!

Processing time varies and it depends on a lot of factors, the place of filing is one factor. A friend filed paperworks last April right after getting married... Got everything done this month!

For whatever it's worth, waiting should be easier now because you are already together!

Just keep on checking your mail and make sure you don't miss it. I know someone who missed the mail and got in trouble.

GOOD LUCK!

At least they didn't ask for a seventh set of fingerprints. :angry:

Wonder what would happen to any business that treated its paying customers that way. <_<

After all we have been through since starting this mess inn 2001, I am not the least bit surprised. :ph34r:

Mick,

I filed the I-751 for my wife two months ago and last Saturday we received the notice for extention the green card for 1 year. Also, she will go for biometric (finger prints) next week. I believe your wife will have to be finger printed again. Hope the process will be speedier than before.

Hi Tony. We, too, received notice of extension of green card for a year. No request yet for further fingerprinting. They have already fingerprinted her six times, not including the biometric scans, which were done three times now. They have made a fortune off us, just on fingerprints.

Glad to hear your case is progressing. Please keep us posted. Always good to know how the old timers are doing. :)

It is what it is. Everything has to go thru a process... You've gone this far.... what is important is you have your honey and .. is that your baby now?.... You are so blessed!

Processing time varies and it depends on a lot of factors, the place of filing is one factor. A friend filed paperworks last April right after getting married... Got everything done this month!

For whatever it's worth, waiting should be easier now because you are already together!

Just keep on checking your mail and make sure you don't miss it. I know someone who missed the mail and got in trouble.

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for the kind reply. Yes, it can be a long wait and quite a process. Actually, Li and I have been together since before the beginning. We met in China in 1997, lived there together for over five years. We filed the initial paperwork in September 2001. Fell into the Black Hole. Picked up the visa in March 2003 and returned to the States. Filed AOS in May 2003. AOS approved in December 2004. Now, we are on hold for removal of conditions. And on it goes. What galls me, I guess, is that some of the centers get things done fairly quickly while others are slower than a cripple snail.

Go figure.

Our case has been plagued by USCIS mistakes at every turn. It is truly amazing. I guess that is why my frustration shows from time to time.

And yes, that is our wonderful daughter Salina in the photo. She was born in May 2004. <_<

The I-751's are trickling in these days. You're about the 4th or 5th I've seen here.

Good luck as always!

I remember making a post one time about the I-751. It never got an answer. Just still at 0 replies...lol

But then again, there was no one that far advanced yet.

Good luck again!

Thanks TYWY. Hope all is still well with you guys. Glad to see you still around the board. Where are you in all this?

So when you going to let Li post again? Quit hogging the 'puter, Mick!

Sorry to say she is busy packing, Don. She is leaving tomorrow for business in China. Will be gone for three weeks this time. So, looks like you guys will just have to put up with me for at least 21 days. If ya like, I can sign in under her handle, and pretend I am her. Either way, I will be staining the keyboard with Cheeto dust!

The I-751's are trickling in these days. You're about the 4th or 5th I've seen here.

Good luck as always!

I remember making a post one time about the I-751. It never got an answer. Just still at 0 replies...lol

But then again, there was no one that far advanced yet.

Good luck again!

Thanks TYWY. Hope all is still well with you guys. Glad to see you still around the board. Where are you in all this?

Well, my wife is 15 months into her 10 yr. GC. She has 26 more months to go before she can apply for citizenship.

As far as my stepdaughter Hui goes, we are going on 10 months waiting for her namechecks to be completed before she gets her greencard. I guess I can say she is in "GreenCard purgatory!"...

Don't sound right, Ty. It's 3 years if naturalization is based on marriage to a USC. If she is 15 months into her 10 year and had a 2 year, she's over the three year limit and can file any time.

It should be 21 mos., not 26 mos.

15 + 21 = 36.

The IO said 3 years after that interview date last summer, I remember.

Maybe I need to learn how to ADD!.............. :o

Ummmm... What is I-751? I thought that once the AOS was filed, only thing left was either filing for citizenship after 10 years or extending greencard. Is that what I-751 covers?

Patrick

751 is filed for removal of conditions on the green card. It is done within 90 days of the second anniversary of the issuance of the initial green card. :D :D

Don't sound right, Ty. It's 3 years if naturalization is based on marriage to a USC. If she is 15 months into her 10 year and had a 2 year, she's over the three year limit and can file any time.

It should be 21 mos., not 26 mos.

15 + 21 = 36.

The IO said 3 years after that interview date last summer, I remember.

Maybe I need to learn how to ADD!.............. :blink:

My read is 15 months on the 10-green makes 39 months as a permanent resident. That's beyond the three year requirement so she can apply anytime. The clocks starts with the issue date of the first green card.

My wife got the 10-yr. GC because we've been married for more than 2 years when we had the AOS interview 15 months ago.

We were K3.

Ummmm... What is I-751? I thought that once the AOS was filed, only thing left was either filing for citizenship after 10 years or extending greencard. Is that what I-751 covers?

Patrick

751 is filed for removal of conditions on the green card. It is done within 90 days of the second anniversary of the issuance of the initial green card. :) :blink:

Patrick,

Since your wife didn't receive the green card yet (over 2 years of marriage), your wife will receive the 10 years green card after approval. Thus, no need for you to remove conditions.

However, for people like my wife and Mick's wife who received the 2 years conditional green card prior to two years of marriage, they will need to file I-751.

"Your permanent residence status will be conditional if it is based on a marriage that was less than two years old on the day you were given permanent residence. You are given conditional resident status on the day you are lawfully admitted to the United States on an immigrant visa or receive adjustment of status."

Edited by tonado (see edit history)