Daoist sexual practices.

I'm not trying to get into anyone's private life here but I have been wondering if Chinese ladies, and men, are generally familiar with Daoist lovemaking practices and concepts.

I know Tai Chi and Qi Gong are common there but when mentioning these things in my letters to my Chinese lady friend and when I had also mentioned this in my profile when I had one on an internet site, without any sexual references, I never received a single response or comment. I would think at least I would've received some comment as it would seem fairly uncommon for a westerner to have an interest in Chinese culture. I have to say I was somewhat disappointed as I half-hoped to find a woman who would be knowledgeable and interested in these matters. I've read hundreds of profiles of Chinese women and it is extremely rare to find any mention of meditation, yoga, or Daoist ideas.

I suppose the average Chinese person engages in sex the same way the average American does; with the man orgasming freely, with the Daoist methods being limited to a small percentage of the population.

I know the Falun Gong group has probably made a lot of people careful what they say over there so perhaps that's part of the reason.

Or is it just an example of the "old ways of China" being more alive in the West than in the East?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Below are excerpts from Rivers of Love® by David Bruce Leonard is the result of more than twenty years of research in sexuality, traditional Chinese medicine, bodywork, martial arts, and Daoist lovemaking. It utilizes our erotic life force to heal our body and spirit, bringing us ever closer to our partner.

When we are in highly aroused states, our physiology changes radically. We experience the release of specific hormones and neurotransmitters as passion, pleasure, and "energy". These biochemical transformations can be a powerful gateway into health and healing. When these energies are channeled correctly, profound changes in physical and emotional health can occur.

This is not "tantra", a spiritual art that comes from Tibet and India. Rivers of Love® is a healing system, with its roots in the centuries-old traditions of Chinese medicine.

The Rivers of Love® system is divided into Four Levels:

* Qi Release

Qi Release is a Way (Dao) of bodywork given as a gift to our partner during lovemaking. This work follows the natural patterns of the "muscle channels" that course throughout the body, with each technique addressing a specific area.

Using the physiological changes that occur during arousal and the natural adaptability of our muscles and tendons, we can shift the restrictive physical and emotional patterns that prevent us from experiencing joy in our lives.

Designed to boost health and increase vitality, these techniques can alleviate physical ailments as well as establish a structural platform from which to experience deeper levels of pleasure.

* Qi Gong

Qi Gong is the ancient Chinese art of using breath and movement to enhance health and peace of mind. When Qi Gong is experienced in an intimate way with our partner, profound energetic experiences can result.

In Qi Gong, the breath is used to open the joints and tissues of the body to increase flexibilty and move energy through the meridians. During lovemaking, this ability is multiplied many times, resulting in deeper levels of passion and physical harmony.

With this harmonious exchange, the natural erotic joy between partners can blossom; and intimacy and bonding can become deeper and more nourishing.

* Meridian Energetics

Meridian Energetics begins where the previous levels leave off. It is a combination of Qi Release and Qi Gong, applied to the meridians of the body.

Each meridian has a specific energetic flow. Using breath and bodywork we can enhance and expand this flow during lovemaking. Utilizing Chinese "Five Element" principles to energize us within each meridian, we can experience different "phases" of being. Each "element" governs a specific aspect of our health, psyche, and well being. We can use these principles to balance the elements within us and in our partner.

These techniques employ breath, massage, and visualization to bring us closer to our lover. Meridian Energetics moves beyond the previous levels, creating states that are both playful and ecstatic.

* Advanced

http://DavidBruceLeonard.com

I'm not trying to get into anyone's private life here but I have been wondering if Chinese ladies, and men, are generally familiar with Daoist lovemaking practices and concepts.

I know Tai Chi and Qi Gong are common there but when mentioning these things in my letters to my Chinese lady friend and when I had also mentioned this in my profile when I had one on an internet site, without any sexual references, I never received a single response or comment. I would think at least I would've received some comment as it would seem fairly uncommon for a westerner to have an interest in Chinese culture. I have to say I was somewhat disappointed as I half-hoped to find a woman who would be knowledgeable and interested in these matters. I've read hundreds of profiles of Chinese women and it is extremely rare to find any mention of meditation, yoga, or Daoist ideas.

I suppose the average Chinese person engages in sex the same way the average American does; with the man orgasming freely, with the Daoist methods being limited to a small percentage of the population.

I know the Falun Gong group has probably made a lot of people careful what they say over there so perhaps that's part of the reason.

Or is it just an example of the "old ways of China" being more alive in the West than in the East?

Do they have a guide on Basket Weaving and how to hang them?

I think you right...

Those things are not in our daily sexsual practice...

To be honest... as a city girl... this is the first time I've heard someone put them with sex. :pc:

Never heard of Daoist lovemaking practices and concepts.

Commies destroyed all the religions from 1949 to 1979 in Mainland China (Tai Wan, Hong Kong, Macao excluded). Most of the Chinese population on the mainland have no religion.

A blank paper, you can write anything on it.

I was raised on a infertile farm. Only know chicken, dog, bull's lovemaking practices and concepts.

My bison practices zen meditation. I do have problems understanding him. His father and I don't like anything related with Japan. His father was a POW of WW II in the Philippines under Japanese occupation.

Never heard of Daoist lovemaking practices and concepts.

Commies destroyed all the religions from 1949 to 1979 in Mainland China (Tai Wan, Hong Kong, Macao excluded). Most of the Chinese population on the mainland have no religion.

A blank paper, you can write anything on it.

I was raised on a infertile farm. Only know chicken, dog, bull's lovemaking practices and concepts.

My bison practices zen meditation. I do have problems understanding him. His father and I don't like anything related with Japan. His father was a POW of WW II in the Philippines under Japanese occupation.

This is exactly what I thought but didn't think about it until after I posted the topic, that is, about Mao destroying religion etc. And I also have heard about the Chinese hatred for the Japanese. Interesting though, that Zen originally came from China, and was called Chan, and the Japanese copied it. Of course, it originally probably all came from India.

I am surprised though that, with so many Daoist temples still standing, interest hasn't grown in the ancient wisdom. I suspect it will in time. The interesting thing is that a lot of this knowledge will probably get passed back to China from the West as things continue to open up.

I am surprised though that, with so many Daoist temples still standing, interest hasn't grown in the ancient wisdom. I suspect it will in time. The interesting thing is that a lot of this knowledge will probably get passed back to China from the West as things continue to open up.

My mother said wooden Buddha was thrown into the river in 1950s.

After 1980, people have restored or rebuilt lots of temples, churches.

I haven't ever heard of this idea either, before yesterday. (I didn't get into this thread till now.)

Last night, I finished reading a Novel: Daughter of the River, and became interested in the author. From internet I learnt that she wrote some other novels which involved introducing similar traditional(I don't remember whether it is Daoist, in particular) sexual practice concept. This author is currently living in UK. She might learned those secrets from oversea infromation sources.

I haven't ever heard of this idea either, before yesterday. (I didn't get into this thread till now.)

Last night, I finished reading a Novel: Daughter of the River, and became interested in the author. From internet I learnt that she wrote some other novels which involved introducing similar traditional(I don't remember whether it is Daoist, in particular) sexual practice concept. This author is currently living in UK. She might learned those secrets from oversea infromation sources.

I think you're referring to "The Art of Love", by Hong Ying. I haven't read it but it sounds like some of those ideas are mentioned. The original practices are thousands of years old and the most often referred to ancient text is "Secrets of the Jade Bedroom", by Peng Tze. This information was usually kept secret until very recently, so that's another reason that most Chinese have no idea about such things.

The most well known teacher is Mantak Chia. He's from Thailand but supposedly received his knowledge from a master in China.

Sounds like our Chinese ladies have a little catching up to do. :D

Edited by Danax (see edit history)

I think you're referring to "The Art of Love", by Hong Ying. I haven't read it but it sounds like some of those ideas are mentioned. The original practices are thousands of years old and the most often referred to ancient text is "Secrets of the Jade Bedroom", by Peng Tze. This information was usually kept secret until very recently, so that's another reason that most Chinese have no idea about such things.

The most well known teacher is Mantak Chia. He's from Thailand but supposedly received his knowledge from a master in China.

Sounds like our Chinese ladies have a little catching up to do. :P

Hong Ying is the author I was talking about, but I only read one book written by her just recently. That is "Daughter of the River". It is a good book, her autobiography.

I guess I'm not sure why this is the case ? You might have to come to the realization that sex does not play the prodominate, cerebral nor chi, role it does in your presumptious post.

It's not the case. Don't take a comment like that so seriously.

It's mostly information for men anyway, and, at risk of sounding "presumptuous" again, most people are not interested.

Edited by Danax (see edit history)

My wife and I agree:

Sex is either:

The most important unimportant aspect of our marriage, or the least important of the most important aspects of our marriage.

(×îÖØÒªµÄ²»ÖØÒªµÄ·½Ã棬»ò×î²»ÖØÒªµÄ×îÖØÒªµÄ·½Ã棩

Either way, it isn't worth applying standards or expectations. Just be, man.

I guess I'm not sure why this is the case ? You might have to come to the realization that sex does not play the prodominate, cerebral nor chi, role it does in your presumptious post.

It's not the case. Don't take a comment like that so seriously.

It's mostly information for men anyway, and, at risk of sounding "presumptous" again, most people are not interested.

I'm not taking it seriously... I only take the commenter as entertaining it as possibly seriously... and maybe you should rephrase 'men' as 'western men'... again, the general eastern way is really different than you seem to state.

If you asked an eastern woman about this and she's silent, you've got your answer; if she's still talking to you afterwards, consider yourself lucky.