Hello,

I would like to double check that I have the correct requirements for the I-693. We did not get a tuberculin skin test (TST) but the examiner looked at her chest xray. I do not recall any mental status type tests except asking usual questions. She got an MMR and tetanus and a flu shot. Is this enough? The examiner deals with this so should know what they are doing.

What does the medical examination involve?

When the entire medical exam is required, the designated civil surgeon is responsible for ensuring that all of the required components have been completed. The civil surgeon will record the results on Form I-693. For applicants required to have the entire medical exam, all of the following are required. All adjustment of status applicants are required to comply with the vaccination requirements.

Physical Examination: A physical examination (to include complete disrobing) and a mental status evaluation are required, regardless of age.

Tuberculin (TB) Skin Test: Applicants age 2 and older are required to have a tuberculin skin test (TST). Civil surgeons may require an applicant who is less than 2 years of age to have a TST if he or she has a history of contact with a known TB case, or if there is any other reason to suspect TB disease. After the skin test, you will need to return to the civil surgeon in 48 to 72 hours to have the results read. If you have a reaction of 4 millimeters or less, you will not need any further tests for TB. A chest X-ray is required when the reaction to the TST is 5 millimeters or more. The civil surgeon will explain these medical requirements to you in more detail.

Serologic (Blood) Test: Applicants 15 years of age and older are required to have serologic (blood) tests for HIV and for syphilis. Civil surgeons can require applicants under age 15 to be tested for HIV or syphilis if there is reason to suspect the possibility of infection. Civil surgeons are required to provide pre-test counseling to all applicants who take the HIV test. If you are found to have HIV infection, the civil surgeon must provide you with post-test counseling.

Vaccinations: The required vaccination are: mumps, measles, rubella, polio, tetanus, diphtheria toxoids, pertussis, influenza type B, hepatitis B, and any other vaccinations recommended by the Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices (ACIP). Current ACIP recommendations also include the varicella, haemophilius inlfuenzae type B, and pneumococcal vaccines. The civil surgeon will review your vaccination history with you to determine whether you have all the required vaccinations. Make sure you take your vaccination records with you to your appointment with the civil surgeon. Do not try to comply with these requirements before you meet with the civil surgeon, in case it is not medically appropriate for you to have one or more of the required vaccines. For more information about the vaccination requirements, including information about waivers and exceptions for orphans, see "Vaccination Requirements for Immigrant Visa Applicants and Adjustment of Status Applicants".

After the medical exam is complete, the civil surgeon will give you Form I-693 with the results in a sealed envelope to present to USCIS. DO NOT OPEN THE SEALED ENVELOPE.

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/i-693faq.htm

You do not need any exam: this was already done in GUZ and is forwarded to USCIS... they have it now.

You need the I-693 supplement... vaccinations are check here.. THere are only three vaccinations [ for adults]...

- Td , tetanus

- MMR

- chicken pox

some civil surgeons require proof of these beyond a scar on the arm.. others don't. Some will ask for blood test. Some might ask for a second course of MMR...

Get the proof (or shots) for the three basic ones done (while in GUZ or by family doctor or clinic); visit the civil surgeon and see if they will sign off or not...