DCF Birth Certificate

To file the I-130 form in GuangZhou they sent me a list of things that they will need. On this list one item is the Notorial Birth Certificate. This I think my wife has. She brought her household register, a letter from the police, and a letter from her father to the notary and they issued this birth certificate.

Another item on this list is the origional birth certificate, which she does not have and was never issued one.

This is what the instructions ask for...

"Beneficiary's original Birth Certificate or Certificate issued with Public Security Bureau letterhead for certify original is kept in record or loss"

From reading posts in this forum I take this to mean that the PSB in her hukou needs to give her something that says that she does not have a birth certificate. Of course the police have no idea what we are talking about. Has anyone had any experience with this?

My wife does not exactly understand what they are asking for either. Does anyone have any links to Chinese forums that refer to this? I could simply get a letter from the police saying that she has no Birth Certificate. Would this be acceptable?

To file the I-130 form in GuangZhou they sent me a list of things that they will need. On this list one item is the Notorial Birth Certificate. This I think my wife has. She brought her household register, a letter from the police, and a letter from her father to the notary and they issued this birth certificate.

Another item on this list is the origional birth certificate, which she does not have and was never issued one.

This is what the instructions ask for...

"Beneficiary's original Birth Certificate or Certificate issued with Public Security Bureau letterhead for certify original is kept in record or loss"

From reading posts in this forum I take this to mean that the PSB in her hukou needs to give her something that says that she does not have a birth certificate. Of course the police have no idea what we are talking about. Has anyone had any experience with this?

My wife does not exactly understand what they are asking for either. Does anyone have any links to Chinese forums that refer to this? I could simply get a letter from the police saying that she has no Birth Certificate. Would this be acceptable?

The notarial birth certificate is sufficient. You don't need to worry about any other birth related documentation for her.

The important thing to keep in mind about DCF is that the filing is not to DOS, but to USCIS... So you do have to look specifically at the I-130 filing requirements and not simply go by what everyone else has done later in their process (ie: for certificates).

Notarized Birth Certificate & Marriage Certificate, What are needed for the interview?

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16315

Here's what one DCF member filed for the entire package and note the comment of no birth certificate (born at home)...

CR-1 Direct Consulate Filing in GUZ

the list what I submitted accompanied with I-130:

Origianl Books: ( GUZ consulated requires all of it, because we phoned CO and went to GUZ once on Mar. 23 06)

Beneficiary

1, Passport

2, Divorce Book

3, Marriage Book

4, Birth certificate issued by a Sub-police sation of Shen Zhen Public Security Beruea, where my Hukou is located. I don't have a Birth Certificate, was not born in hospital instead of at home. ( Kept by CO)

USC's

1, Birth certificate (kept copy)

2, Passport (kept copy with all pages )

3, Work Permit (kept copy)

4, Marriage Book (kept copy)

5, Divorce Decree (kept copy)

Notary certificate: ( kept all by CO)

1, Divorce Notary ( one Direct and one In-direct)

2, Marriage Notary ( one Direct and one In-direct)

3, Birth Notary

4, Birth Certiticate issued by Police station Notary

Of course,

I-130

G-325A ( USC) with a passport photo

G-325A ( beneficiary) with a passport photo

Ok...this is what I understand. If you file the DCF you file with the USCIS which has different requirements than the embassies as far as certificates are concerned. In the I-130 instructions that I received from the USCIS office the Notoral Birth Certificate is listed as a separate item from the original birth certificate. As mentioned in the forum, many Chinese people were never issued a birth certificate, which is the case with my wife. So therefore you must get a certificate from the PSB in her HuKou stating they do not have an original birth certificate. This can be simply a written piece of paper with my wives name, date of birth, and her parent¡¯s names, which says that a birth certificate was never issues. This handwritten piece of paper is then stamped with the police stamp. After that, I take this thing to the notary where they notarize and translate it.

In David¡¯s post the I-130 petitioner says:

"4, Birth certificate issued by a Sub-police station of Shen Zhen Public Security Bureau, where my Hukou is located. I don't have a Birth Certificate, was not born in hospital instead of at home. ( Kept by CO)"

so it seems that this person was able to get the police station to issue him a new birth certificate. Because latter her mentions he filed with 2 birth certificates:

Notary certificate: ( kept all by CO)

1, Divorce Notary ( one Direct and one In-direct)

2, Marriage Notary ( one Direct and one In-direct)

3, Birth Notary

4, Birth Certificate issued by Police station Notary

So since my wife was never given a birth certificate at birth, I need a new one issued by the police station, or a letter from the PSB stating that she never received one.

We called her PSB and they told us they have nothing to do with birth certificates, so I I will have to ask them to write a statement for me.

I think I got everything. This forum was very helpful

Notarized Birth Certificate & Marriage Certificate, What are needed for the interview?

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16315

If anyone knows anything else or has had another experience with filing the I-130 with the USCIS in Guangzhou please let me know....

Thank You

The person I quoted filed through GUZ.. here is all threads started by her:

Yuliki

Here are two timelines, to give you some feeling for when to expect the next step...

(6 months)

11-30-04 DCF Guangzhou

12-0x-04 P3 received

12-0x-04 P3 returned (except checklist)

01-0x-05 P3 checklist returned

04-2x-05 P4 received

06-01-05 Interview (Passed!)

(5 months)

03-28-06 - Handed in I-130 for CR-1 and paid $190 by cash.

04-13-06 ¨C P2 approval by US Department of Homeland Security. (Form I-171)

04-18-06 ¨C P3 sent out by GZ

04-21-06 ¨C P3 sent [DS-230(1 copy) and 169] back to GZ ( No.1 South Shamian Rd.).

05-19-06 ¨C Name Check Complete

06-03-06 ¨C P4 Received

08-15-06 ¨C Interview (estimate)

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)