SO's Return Travel

I'm sure I will get the hang of this...Thanks.

I am going to be speaking to my SO soon and I have a question. When we achieve the K-1 and she comes to the US, can anyone tell me what needs to happen and how long to expect before she can travel freely back to Beijing. Does she have to have AOS. :unsure:

Not only will the mileage vary, some don't get the AP until very near the AOS interview and receipt of the g/c thus rendering the AP money wasted.

I think Bouzer is a little confused like me , it would be nice if someone could outline the K-1 process frome the time the SO enter the counter , and what form to file when, some of us is a little slow to catch on :roller: , i think this would really be good for many now and many years down the road :blink:

Not only will the mileage vary, some don't get the AP until very near the AOS interview and receipt of the g/c thus rendering the AP money wasted.

I think Bouzer is a little confused like me , it would be nice if someone could outline the K-1 process frome the time the SO enter the counter , and what form to file when, some of us is a little slow to catch on :roller: , i think this would really be good for many now and many years down the road :blink:

http://www.candleforlove.com/FAQ/Timelines/Ne...Index_New2.html

Check the FAQ

First you file the I-129F and G-325A. One to two weeks later you receive NOA-1.

Depending on current processing times and the service center you used you will receive NOA-2 (the approval of the petition at the USCIS level) in 2 weeks to 6 months.

After that your petiton goes to the National Visa Center (NVC) where it undergoes some name checks. 4 weeks to 3 months later it is sent to the DHL warehouse in Guangzhou where according to the consulate it waits about 6 weeks to clear customs.

Once the consulate picks up your petition and enters it into the computer your fiancee will be sent P-3. This is basically a check list of items she will need to take to the interview and a few forms to fill out and send back.

After your fiancee sends back P-3 they will be scheduled for an interview. and sent P-4. Between P-3 and P-4 is when most people get single certificates and police checks. Average processing time from NOA-2 to interview is about 6 months. Average visa time frame from start to finish is about 10 - 12 months.

I think Bouzer is a little confused like me , it would be nice if someone could outline the K-1 process frome the time the SO enter the counter , and what form to file when, some of us is a little slow to catch on :P , i think this would really be good for many now and many years down the road :blink:

http://www.candleforlove.com/FAQ/Timelines/Ne...Index_New2.html

Check the FAQ

The FAQ's that David has worked on in compiling seems to get lost in obscurity, similiar to the Links and Resources and the Information/tutorials for using this site.

Maybe if the FAQ's link stood out more from the rest of the board, people would access them more. Maybe use of a marquee to attract attention? Just a thought. :ph34r: