AOS interview this morning in Dallas

We had our AOS interview today. As usual for CFL'ers I was way overprepared. Almost emptied my ink cartridge last night making last-minute copies of everything which was a waste. The only other people in the lobby with any documents were the ones with lawyers. I know, better safe than sorry... Got interviewed by a very nice hispanic female who was very interested in China travel. She asked for my SO's passport, my drivers license, and 2005 tax returns which really looked bad as I spent almost all of last year in China, so she told me she would use my 2004 which looked much better. She only wanted to see our photos after my SO forced them on her. No I-551 stamp was put in my SO's passport but she wrote CWOP across the U.S. visa and plucked the I-94. We don't have plans to travel soon so it shouldn't matter, but I am curious about the procedures if we wanted to before getting the card. Anyway, we've managed to clear this last hurdle with great thanks to our neighbors and friends at CFL that have always been there to help whether it be the wait, the forms, or maybe just the moral support.

THANKS TO EVERYONE!!!

Larry and Yuhong

Edited by vibes1313 (see edit history)

Thanks for the summary.

We've got our InfoPass appointment scheduled for October 12. I'm not expecting too many hurdles either other than a minor amount of paperwork prep.

Did they ask you any specific questions?

Just curious...

Thanks again,

Peachy and Melody

Hangin' out and chillin' in Frisco

Congrats!

Quick question, too...

I spent all of last year... and the year before AND the year before in China... So, my tax forms are not very complicated. I DID file the past two years, but made WAY less than the limit... Any suggestions? When filing for AOS, I used my parents as Co-Sponsors because of their taxes... should I bring copies of THOSE?

This is great, CONGTATZZZZZZZZZZ !

Wheel Man

We had our AOS interview today. As usual for CFL'ers I was way overprepared. Almost emptied my ink cartridge last night making last-minute copies of everything which was a waste. The only other people in the lobby with any documents were the ones with lawyers. I know, better safe than sorry... Got interviewed by a very nice hispanic female who was very interested in China travel. She asked for my SO's passport, my drivers license, and 2005 tax returns which really looked bad as I spent almost all of last year in China, so she told me she would use my 2004 which looked much better. She only wanted to see our photos after my SO forced them on her. No I-551 stamp was put in my SO's passport but she wrote CWOP across the U.S. visa and plucked the I-94. We don't have plans to travel soon so it shouldn't matter, but I am curious about the procedures if we wanted to before getting the card. Anyway, we've managed to clear this last hurdle with great thanks to our neighbors and friends at CFL that have always been there to help whether it be the wait, the forms, or maybe just the moral support.

THANKS TO EVERYONE!!!

Larry and Yuhong

Peachy, she only asked a few routine questions (to my SO) like "have you ever been arrested" and "have you ever been told that you have to return to China".

Kevin, if you sent co-sponser papers already, you won't need to again for the interview. The AOS interview instructions say (unless already submitted) which I didn't really take to the bank, but I should have. The lady that interviewed us in Dallas had everything I had originally sent to Chicago. Thanks everyone.

Anybody know what CWOP means?

New term for me.

WOP is With Out Papers. That is how Italian immigrants got tagged with being WOPs. Not sure what the C stands for, though. Cleared With Out Papers? I'd wager that if you needed to travel before the card comes in you can go to the local immigration office and get an I-551 stamp. First time I've seen that notation, though.

Come on Don CWOP= Chinese With Out Papers. gesh