Dummy means stupid?

No matter what the word, it does not matter between my wife and I, it is all in how we say it as long as it is said in kind joking no problem said in anger or bad mood then there is problem.

As a side note after I met my wife we was chatting on line and she was afraid to do something I called her a chicken :mobrun: she explained what a chicken was in Chinese, so I called her a coward. :wub:

I called my SO "dummy" tonight, he was not happy and said it's rude to call someone dummy, He said dummy means an ignorant or foolish person, so I made a mistake? I thought it was an unharmful way of teasing.

I'd be more concerned that you were teasing, you knew you were teasing and he did not. Even the nicest compliment, delivered sarcastically, is not nice, is it?

I called my SO "dummy" tonight, he was not happy and said it's rude to call someone dummy, He said dummy means an ignorant or foolish person, so I made a mistake? I thought it was an unharmful way of teasing.

westerners tend to live a more moralistically ego inflated life than the more reserved, self-effacing easterner... You'll have to forgive our shortcoming in this... :P

If you bruised his ego, identify or ethic, give it a nice rub and the pain will go away... ;)