form I130 question

I apologize for not knowing your timeline, but I thought you had decided to go CR-1 for your wife and not file for the K-3. If so, have you already filed the I-130 for your wife? The reason I ask this question is that filing the I-130 now for your step daughter may result in CR interviews in Guangzhou at different times. I've seen situations where the CR-1 for the spouse gets issued for the spouse but the child's interview is scheduled for a later date.

If you decided to file for the K-3/4 for both, they will be interviewed at the consulate for the K visas at the same time, and it's only necessary to have filed the I-130 for your step daughter at some time prior to or with the filing of the I-485 adjustment of status application.

As I said in my original post: I am filling out this form for step daughter for practice to hopefully prevent any mistakes. I will fill them both out at same time come november. I am a little worried about her getting all these future documents to fill out/sign at her boarding school where her address will not be the same as her home/mom's address.

If you plan ahead AND use these shortcuts, you can avoid almost if not all form "filling out" by both your wife and step-daughter for CR1/2. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117

Get multiple copies of the forms "signed" when you are in China then you can do all the filling out. I would also use your wife's address for your step-daughter. If anything then needs to be forwarded to her, your wife can do it. This should take care of everthing but the P4 documents. If you will will be there for the interview, then you can fill those out too.

We are definitley going CR1/2. what forms should I bring besides 130, g325a and is it ok to bring through customs in china? never been there yet but will be in Nov and for interview.

The forms are listed at the link I gave you. Take as many copies with you as you choose. Get them all signed.

Will do, thanks again. I am so worried about making a small dumb mistake.

I apologize for not knowing your timeline, but I thought you had decided to go CR-1 for your wife and not file for the K-3. If so, have you already filed the I-130 for your wife? The reason I ask this question is that filing the I-130 now for your step daughter may result in CR interviews in Guangzhou at different times. I've seen situations where the CR-1 for the spouse gets issued for the spouse but the child's interview is scheduled for a later date.

If you decided to file for the K-3/4 for both, they will be interviewed at the consulate for the K visas at the same time, and it's only necessary to have filed the I-130 for your step daughter at some time prior to or with the filing of the I-485 adjustment of status application.

As I said in my original post: I am filling out this form for step daughter for practice to hopefully prevent any mistakes. I will fill them both out at same time come november. I am a little worried about her getting all these future documents to fill out/sign at her boarding school where her address will not be the same as her home/mom's address.

If you plan ahead AND use these shortcuts, you can avoid almost if not all form "filling out" by both your wife and step-daughter for CR1/2. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117

Get multiple copies of the forms "signed" when you are in China then you can do all the filling out. I would also use your wife's address for your step-daughter. If anything then needs to be forwarded to her, your wife can do it. This should take care of everthing but the P4 documents. If you will will be there for the interview, then you can fill those out too.

We are definitley going CR1/2. what forms should I bring besides 130, g325a and is it ok to bring through customs in china? never been there yet but will be in Nov and for interview.

The forms are listed at the link I gave you. Take as many copies with you as you choose. Get them all signed.

Will my step daughter get a ds230?

Will my step daughter get a ds230?

Yes.