I-485

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

Hello all. We are attempting to emerge and take a breath and with that breath dive back into the wonderful world of AOS, AP, and EAD.

We are K1 and K2, and with that it's our understanding that we must complete a separate package of paperwork for our daughter.

But, here's my immediate question. As with most US Government forms that are inconsistencies with nomenclature. These inconsistencies can make completing forms even more frustrating than they already are. Case in point:

When Lan and Sarah arrived, their US Visa's were affixed to their passports. Opposite their passports were stapled a copy of the I-94 departure record. Let's start with the I-94.

I-94

1. On the back are four blank lines under the heading "Record of Changes." In the middle of these four lines is a hand-written number, beginning with "A."

Q. Is this the A # requested on the I-485 and other forms?

2. On the front of the I-94 under the heading "Departure Number" is an 11-digit number with the last two-digits separated by a few spaces.

Q. Is this the I-94 number? If not, where is it found?

US Visa

The US Visa has numbers that appear, none of which match the nomenclature requested on the I-485 for the Non-immigrant Visa Number. Case in point:

1. Control number: 14-digit number that appears in the upper right of the US Visa.

2. Untitled number in red: 8-digit number the appears toward the bottom right of the US visa.

3. Untitled number in black: very long alphanumeric number at the very bottom of the US visa.

Q. I'm assuming that one of the three numbers I've listed above is the non-immigrant visa number. Does anyone know which one, or where it might be found?

Finally, I noticed this AM that the hand-written A-numbers on the back of Lan and Sarah's I-94 appear identical, but there is an additional digit ("0") in the middle of Sarah's number. Should Sarah's number be the same as her mothers?

Thanks again to all, and happy AOS-ing....

:-)

I'll share what I did. Maybe it will help.

I-94

1. On the back are four blank lines under the heading "Record of Changes." In the middle of these four lines is a hand-written number, beginning with "A."

Q. Is this the A # requested on the I-485 and other forms?

Yes, the A# should start with "A 9" or "A 09". Jingwen's was hand written on both the back of the I-94 and on her K-1 visa. You should be able to double check the A number against the I-797 K-1 approval notice (NOA2) that you received (and will submit with the I-485). Jingwen's A number was shown in the "Beneficiary" block along with her name.

2. On the front of the I-94 under the heading "Departure Number" is an 11-digit number with the last two-digits separated by a few spaces.

. Yes, it's the number in the upper left of the I-94.

US Visa

The US Visa has numbers that appear, none of which match the nomenclature requested on the I-485 for the Non-immigrant Visa Number. Case in point:

1. Control number: 14-digit number that appears in the upper right of the US Visa.

2. Untitled number in red: 8-digit number the appears toward the bottom right of the US visa.

3. Untitled number in black: very long alphanumeric number at the very bottom of the US visa.

Q. I'm assuming that one of the three numbers I've listed above is the non-immigrant visa number. Does anyone know which one, or where it might be found?

Take a look at http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...ic=9667&hl= The visa number is the red number located in the lower right of the visa.

Finally, I noticed this AM that the hand-written A-numbers on the back of Lan and Sarah's I-94 appear identical, but there is an additional digit ("0") in the middle of Sarah's number. Should Sarah's number be the same as her mothers?

My guess here is that the IO made a mistake. Actually, neither of Jingwen's kids was given and A number upon entry, and I completed the I-485 showing "none" for theirs. The reason I suspect it may be a mistake is that K-2 visas are derivative with no separate I-797 NOA2 approval containing an A number so, presumably, the IO was trying to show Lan's A number here. Maybe others can shed some light on this.
Guest ShaQuaNew

Thanks Frank. By the way, do we need to visit a civil surgeon before submitting the paperwork? Do both Lan and Sarah need to get shots? I made an appointment with a civil surgeon in our area who is charging around 300 dollars. I'm not sure what one gets with that or whether it's even needed? I cannot believe the steep learning curve on this AOS stuff.....

Thanks Frank. By the way, do we need to visit a civil surgeon before submitting the paperwork? Do both Lan and Sarah need to get shots? I made an appointment with a civil surgeon in our area who is charging around 300 dollars. I'm not sure what one gets with that or whether it's even needed? I cannot believe the steep learning curve on this AOS stuff.....

I just got my wife her immunization paper (I-693A) signed by a civil surgeon and she received no shots. She showed the marks on her arm, answered some questions, I paid $20 and that was the end of our civil surgeon experience.

I just got my wife her immunization paper (I-693A) signed by a civil surgeon and she received no shots. She showed the marks on her arm, answered some questions, I paid $20 and that was the end of our civil surgeon experience.

The vaccinatioon supplement is required for the interview - some people who didn't include it in the original submission have been RFE'd, so it's best to do it now and include it with the I-485.

The surgeon will have this form, but some insist on giving her a full medical - shop around.

The vaccinatioon supplement is required for the interview - some people who didn't include it in the original submission have been RFE'd, so it's best to do it now and include it with the I-485.

The surgeon will have this form, but some insist on giving her a full medical - shop around.

Don't forget to get two signed copies in case the service center misplaces it and

also include it with your interview packet.