Starting to worry even though its early

As most of ya know.... We applied for our AOS 7-2004, and had our interview 2-2006. Greencard is pending due to the Namecheck.

My wife is planning on going back to China next summer, and has started making all of her necessary arrangements. I am starting to worry that maybe, just maybe, she wont have her GC by then. We are in limbo because I didn't apply for a extension on her K-3. The VO at the AOS interview said it wasnt necessary because she actually has a status now except for the Namecheck. Yea, well tell that to the man at the airport who wants her paperwork complete.

Anybody got any ideas as to what I should do?

Patrick & Li :lol:

Perhaps you should schedule a info appointment and ask them directly the status of the application/name check. If still not complete then perhaps they can provide better details as to how your wife can re-enter the country on what she is currently holding. It is such a shame that certain people have such a lengthy wait while others (like my wife and I) went through the process with absolutely no delays out of the ordinary.

Good Luck!!!

Scott

Did your wife get an I-551 stamp in her passport during the AOS interview? It should have wording plus her A# and some other stuff like this: "Processed for I-551. Temporary evidence of lawful admission for permanent residence. Employment authorized, valid until ......"

These threads talk about the I-551: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...;highlite=I-551

"they" used to say on this board that the stamp was sufficient evidence for re-entry. But, I haven't tried it.