My SO is leaving in 2 days

My SO's interview date for our K1 is August 28. We have prepared the best that we can but I can't help but be nervous after reading all of the "things that can go wrong" in CFL. I have been married several times with my last divorce finalized March 18, 2005. My first visit to her was in Feb of 2005. I had started my divorce papers before I met my wonderful SO. Explaining this to her was very difficult...lol....but she finally understood. We have known each other now 1 year and 9 months. It took me a long time for her to understand my past marriages but she was patient as I told her the truth. I understand that there is a possibility that the VO might want my ex's ss#. I do not have this and I know I will never get it from her. I haven't spoken with her since the divorce.

I can only pray at this point that all will go well the 28th. I could use a few prayers from everyone else, too. Also, any advice is muchhhhhhhhhh welcome.

Thanks,

Charles and Haihua

My SO's interview date for our K1 is August 28.  We have prepared the best that we can but I can't help but be nervous after reading all of the "things that can go wrong" in CFL.  I have been married several times with my last divorce finalized March 18, 2005.  My first visit to her was in Feb of 2005.  I had started my divorce papers before I met my wonderful SO.  Explaining this to her was very difficult...lol....but she finally understood.  We have known each other now 1 year and 9 months.  It took me a long time for her to understand my past marriages but she was patient as I told her the truth.  I understand that there is a possibility that the VO might want my ex's ss#.  I do not have this and I know I will never get it from her.  I haven't spoken with her since the divorce. 

I can only pray at this point that all will go well the 28th.  I could use a few prayers from everyone else, too.  Also, any advice is muchhhhhhhhhh welcome.

Thanks,

Charles and Haihua

238910[/snapback]

Charles, I wish you the best and hope things go smoothly. Hopefully, they will never ask that question. I have a similar concern whenever I get there. I don't have a clue where my ex wife lives or even if she's still alive. I've been married several times as well. I read somewhere that you can just write a letter explaining that you do not have that information. I don't know if that will work or not. Others here may know how to handle it. Good luck and let us know how it goes. ;)

My SO's interview date for our K1 is August 28.  We have prepared the best that we can but I can't help but be nervous after reading all of the "things that can go wrong" in CFL.  I have been married several times with my last divorce finalized March 18, 2005.  My first visit to her was in Feb of 2005.  I had started my divorce papers before I met my wonderful SO.  Explaining this to her was very difficult...lol....but she finally understood.  We have known each other now 1 year and 9 months.  It took me a long time for her to understand my past marriages but she was patient as I told her the truth.  I understand that there is a possibility that the VO might want my ex's ss#.  I do not have this and I know I will never get it from her.  I haven't spoken with her since the divorce. 

I can only pray at this point that all will go well the 28th.  I could use a few prayers from everyone else, too.  Also, any advice is muchhhhhhhhhh welcome.

Thanks,

Charles and Haihua

238910[/snapback]

Charles, I wish you the best and hope things go smoothly. Hopefully, they will never ask that question. I have a similar concern whenever I get there. I don't have a clue where my ex wife lives or even if she's still alive. I've been married several times as well. I read somewhere that you can just write a letter explaining that you do not have that information. I don't know if that will work or not. Others here may know how to handle it. Good luck and let us know how it goes. ;)

238921[/snapback]

Thank you very much. It is very comforting to know I am not alone. I too wish you the best of luck. I will keep you informed and i wish that you do likewise. I will write the letter and hope that if suffices.

Thanks,

Charles and Haihua

238910[/snapback]

Charles, if you have ever filed a tax return with your ex, her SS# will be on the tax form in the biographic area. Good luck with your interview.

Thanks,

Charles and Haihua

238910[/snapback]

For your x's S.S. numbers look on the tax returns and on the divorce papers. I needed my x's numbers too. They on on the divorce parers.

Thanks,

Charles and Haihua

238910[/snapback]

Charles, if you have ever filed a tax return with your ex, her SS# will be on the tax form in the biographic area. Good luck with your interview.

238930[/snapback]

Thanks gman but I never filed with her. We were not married very long and I filed seperate. I have no clue as to what she filed and when. We married may of 2004 and the divorce was final march 2005. She was a very secretive woman which is what led to the divorce.

Thanks,

Charles and Haihua

238910[/snapback]

For your x's S.S. numbers look on the tax returns and on the divorce papers. I needed my x's numbers too. They on on the divorce parers.

238939[/snapback]

HI Rick,

I was divorced in the state of Georgia and I can't find her SS# anywhere on any of the divorce papers. It is also my thought that no one has a right to give out another person's SS# without their consent. I also think that it is illegal to give another person's SS# without their consent. Even if I could find her, I know she would not give it to me. Wonder what GUZ will say about this?

Thanks,

Charles and Haihua

238910[/snapback]

238939[/snapback]

HI Rick,

I was divorced in the state of Georgia and I can't find her SS# anywhere on any of the divorce papers. It is also my thought that no one has a right to give out another person's SS# without their consent. I also think that it is illegal to give another person's SS# without their consent. Even if I could find her, I know she would not give it to me. Wonder what GUZ will say about this?

238959[/snapback]

If they are asking for it they want it. It happened to me.

Thanks,

Charles and Haihua

238910[/snapback]

238939[/snapback]

HI Rick,

238959[/snapback]

If they are asking for it they want it. It happened to me.

238968[/snapback]

I hear ya..............Guess I will have to cross that bridge if I come to it.

Thanks,

Charles and Haihua

238910[/snapback]

would you have an old income tax return that you filed together that would have her SS number

Thanks,

Charles and Haihua

238910[/snapback]

would you have an old income tax return that you filed together that would have her SS number

239008[/snapback]

marriage was short lived. Didn't get a chance to file together.

Guest YOu&Me

Thanks,

Charles and Haihua

238910[/snapback]

Just a thought but have ya checked

with Vital Records for your state?

I know ya can here in NC........

Birth certs, marrage certs..etc...

So my question would be - even if you could get the S.S.# what good is it? Is that all they are asking for? What if you don't know where she lives - if she lives? Is the S.S.# enough? B)

Edited by RLS (see edit history)

I too have been married a couple of times, my wife that has my son I get along great with, but the other I dont have a clue where she is, no clue about her SS#, I sent copies of the divorce that the best I can do. Of course she didnt give me copies of our tax returns in the divorce like she was supposed to so I dont have thos records either. If GUZ wants her SS# they will have better luck then me getting it.

Guest pushbrk
So my question would be - even if you could get the S.S.# what good is it?  Is that all they are asking for?  What if you don't know where she lives - if she lives?  Is the S.S.# enough? B)

239074[/snapback]

The SS# will allow them to verify enough about your former wife to satisfy them that you didn't divorce in order to engage in visa fraud for profit and that she did not also bring an alien to the US.

Other evidence to overcome this possibility could be substituted if the SS# is not available, provided you give a good enough explanation. It's certainly a tough piece of data for some people and also would have been for me, had it come up. Fortunately it didn't. It was also unlikely, since my last divorce was in 1989 and I haven't a clue where she is. However, I do know how to contact a cousin of hers, so could have tracked her down if I absolutely had to.

I think it's better to approach the potential for such a request with an imaginative can do attitude than a doomsday whine. Negative emotions just don't lead to success in this particular endeavor.

From a practical standpoint, those with recent divorces who know so little about their former spouse that they can't find them or a family member are reasonable suspects for involvement (willing/knowing or not) in a non bonafide relationship even though exceptions abound.

Remember, this is all about an "overcome". If one rationally and thoughtfully approaches the issue to be overcome, they will generally come up with a workable solution. If you can't give them what they ask for, then give them what they need, in order to cover their tail and grant the visa.

If you are legitimately worried you'll need this kind of overcome, data then it's better to get on it now than to wait until the blue slip is in your SO's hand.