Who is still ON-HOLD?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure, but I think also gongfuman and blennon.  Orbitalpunk and SBS are same couple.

Good remember AZwolfman. Orbitalpunk is Mine :D :lol: I love him!!

we got my name's tel code and gonna let DOS know. Wish it would help them clear my case ;) :huh:

We appreciate all freinds here pay so much attention on this holding group!

I have a good feeling that we will work out with all of you here soon

Spring is coming and visa wont be any far:P

Guest alex062872

Hi, gongfuman (CR1)

We are the same situation. If you GZ resubmitted on Oct, 2002, then it should submit it AGAIN. The timeline for GZ is 90 days. If they didn't got a response from DOS in 90 days, they should submit the name again. That is my understanding.

Believe me I've tried for several months to get them to resubmit our case again, but CA said they wouldn't ask gz to resubmit our case because progress was being made on it and that it wouldn't do any good to resubmit. From what I understand having your case resubmitted only helps if your case is lost. Maybe when CA told me they wouldn't have our case resumbitted we we're already on hold and that's why they said it wouldn't do any good. Who knows? Regardless, they're not going to resubmit now that we're on hold. We've just got to wait it out and hope it doesn't take too long.

Guest alex062872

ttlee_99,

my case is pending. I called DOS several times, got the same answer "not clear yet", no one mentioned "on hold". Who really knows. For those "on hold" cases, don't worry that much. Probably the agencies spare their agents to deal with "on hold" cases only, then you may have better piority.

Well now we have the dreaded "hold letter". Three days after the DOS line assured me that we were not onl hold only pending. I even asked twice to be sure. Hard to think about another delay and more waiting but here we are. Have to say with such a common name a name hit would almost seem likely and the way things are going unavoidable.

Nov 2001 Application

Sept 2002 Interview

March 2003 Screwed again

Assistant Secretary Maura Harty has asked us to respond to your e-mail of

March 23 requesting information about the fianc¨¦e visa application of xxx

zzzz. Let me assure you that we fully understand that delays in visa

issuance are seriously complicating the lives of applicants and of those who

are waiting for their arrival.

Ms. xxxxx case is currently pending completion of required security-related vetting through an interagency clearance process. Changes to this process made in July 2002, together with communications problems, computer issues, and vastly increased work volumes, have had the effect of delaying many clearances.

We are working with the relevant agencies to complete all clearance

requests. We are also working with technical experts here in Washington in an attempt to find new ways to expedite the clearance process.

Unfortunately, your fianc¨¦e's clearance will not be processed as quickly as

most others are. A government agency has placed a hold on the process. We are unable to predict when the hold will be lifted, but we expect that a

significant amount of time may be required to resolve this issue. When Ms.

xxxx's clearance process is concluded, the Consulate will notify her.

I regret that our reply could not be more favorable.

Sincerely,

Kathryn Cabral

Chief

Public Inquiries Division

Visa Services

I am really sorry to read it doggie. it seems on hold cases keeps adding. there is still no good news or more lights in this dark hole...

But my husband spoke to Andrew Simpkin and he said did some on hold cases were cleared. So we are looking forward to seeing our memebers' cases here get cleared too sooner..