Can anyone tell me if this is reasonable?

I received a letter from the NVC dated 5-11-06 that m CR1 had been forwarded to GZ. After waiting my wife Zhong Ke called the consulate on 7-26-06 and was told they don't have our case! I called the DOS this morning and they confirmed that GZ doesn't have it and suggested I call again in two weeks. We had been getting excited, and hoping the interview could be coming soon, Keke looking anxiously in the mail every day, and me asking if she'd gotten anything when we instant message every night. Can anyone offer advice about if this is reasonable for GZ's glacial pace of action? And also if there are steps I can take to make things happen faster. I have contacted my congresswoman's office today. I should tell you that I am not very good with computer's and this is my first post. I've read a lot of the posted material and learned from it, but if anyone can direct me to information of use, or offer advice on how to use Candle of Love better I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks much.

Guest pushbrk
I received a letter from the NVC dated 5-11-06 that m CR1 had been forwarded to GZ. After waiting my wife Zhong Ke called the consulate on 7-26-06 and was told they don't have our case! I called the DOS this morning and they confirmed that GZ doesn't have it and suggested I call again in two weeks. We had been getting excited, and hoping the interview could be coming soon, Keke looking anxiously in the mail every day, and me asking if she'd gotten anything when we instant message every night. Can anyone offer advice about if this is reasonable for GZ's glacial pace of action? And also if there are steps I can take to make things happen faster. I have contacted my congresswoman's office today. I should tell you that I am not very good with computer's and this is my first post. I've read a lot of the posted material and learned from it, but if anyone can direct me to information of use, or offer advice on how to use Candle of Love better I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks much.

234155[/snapback]

It's on the edge of reason. The shipments around from May 8 through May 11 were accepted at the Consulate on July 10. They had not accepted any since June 23. Generally they open these packages and log the cases on Saturdays. It would be good to call DOS again on Monday to see if your case was worked this Saturday.

Don't bother calling the pay number in China. DOS has more current and accurate information.

234155[/snapback]

It's on the edge of reason. The shipments around from May 8 through May 11 were accepted at the Consulate on July 10. They had not accepted any since June 23. Generally they open these packages and log the cases on Saturdays. It would be good to call DOS again on Monday to see if your case was worked this Saturday.

Don't bother calling the pay number in China. DOS has more current and accurate information.

234160[/snapback]

Thanks so much for such a quick response, I'll do as you suggest and call on Monday. I'll also tell my wife not to waste any more money on calling GZ. She, who is much more computer and BBS literate than I, had heard the same thing from people on Chengdu BBS's, and was the on that got me the number to call the DOS. Again xie, xie!

I had a similar experience when NVC sent my I-129F paperwork to GUZ. I was later informed the forms are transmitted in 2 different ways. One goes electonically and the other via courier. Pushbrk is right. They store the paperwork at customs until they deem they have room for more cases. One good piece of news is that when they do pick up your paperwork, the P3 is almost sent immediately.

Guest pushbrk

234155[/snapback]

Now that you've indicated in another thread that you are CR1, you can expect a bit of a longer wait for any next steps.

234155[/snapback]

I have recently gone through this and also got explanations from the Consulate and the DOS about this. I also have a Chinese attorney attorney that advised me. Most of the members here know more than I so their advice is probably solid. I got the letter that my case was forwarded in March and finally got the P-3 in Mid June.

If you ask the consulate or DOS, they will tell you that these forms sit in a Chinese customs office for a long time before delivered to the Consulate. I am not suggesting that this is a true statement but your waiting is normal. I would not play "the calling your congressman card" until you have a real problem. This was my attorney's suggestion. Most likely your case is on track--you just have to wait. I would email the consulate to ask why no P-3. See if they have a record of your case. I did this and they knew about me but said they had not received it. Everything is runnning smooth now.

She should have the P-3 real soon but I would not worry too much until after 90 days.

234155[/snapback]

I have recently gone through this and also got explanations from the Consulate and the DOS about this. I also have a Chinese attorney attorney that advised me. Most of the members here know more than I so their advice is probably solid. I got the letter that my case was forwarded in March and finally got the P-3 in Mid June.

If you ask the consulate or DOS, they will tell you that these forms sit in a Chinese customs office for a long time before delivered to the Consulate. I am not suggesting that this is a true statement but your waiting is normal. I would not play "the calling your congressman card" until you have a real problem. This was my attorney's suggestion. Most likely your case is on track--you just have to wait. I would email the consulate to ask why no P-3. See if they have a record of your case. I did this and they knew about me but said they had not received it. Everything is runnning smooth now.

She should have the P-3 real soon but I would not worry too much until after 90 days.

234271[/snapback]

Thanks Bill. As I understand it since I filed an I-130, and didn't go the fiance visa or try the K3 variant I have already received the P3 packet. The NVC sends it to the US spouse and I completed the DS-230 part 1, and the I-864.

So I think that I'm waiting for the P4 packet, which GZ would send to my wife in Chengdu and would have the documents for her interview and the interview date. I appreciate your response though, and good luck on your case.

Guest pushbrk

234155[/snapback]

234271[/snapback]

Thanks Bill. As I understand it since I filed an I-130, and didn't go the fiance visa or try the K3 variant I have already received the P3 packet. The NVC sends it to the US spouse and I completed the DS-230 part 1, and the I-864.

So I think that I'm waiting for the P4 packet, which GZ would send to my wife in Chengdu and would have the documents for her interview and the interview date. I appreciate your response though, and good luck on your case.

234282[/snapback]

Naogong,

It is entirely your choice whether to do so, but I predict you will continue to be advised in the context of K visas until you post a timeline in your signature that indicates you are CR1. I only knew you were CR1 because you happened to mention it in another thread in another forum.

If you choose not to post a timeline, you'll do yourself a favor to mention CR1 each time you ask a question. CFL brains tend to think in K gear by default.

234155[/snapback]

234271[/snapback]

234282[/snapback]

Thanks, I know you're right the problem is that I'm such a klutz with computer's that I haven't been able to figure out how to do that yet. I've tried to upload a picture, and failed at that. I've printed out a lot of the help topics and hope that I can learn how to use the site so that I won't waste people's time who aren't in the same situation as me. You've been very patient and nice to respond to my question with advice. If you have the time and inclination to give me any pointer's of course I would be grateful.

Guest pushbrk

234155[/snapback]

234271[/snapback]

234282[/snapback]

Thanks, I know you're right the problem is that I'm such a klutz with computer's that I haven't been able to figure out how to do that yet. I've tried to upload a picture, and failed at that. I've printed out a lot of the help topics and hope that I can learn how to use the site so that I won't waste people's time who aren't in the same situation as me. You've been very patient and nice to respond to my question with advice. If you have the time and inclination to give me any pointer's of course I would be grateful.

234287[/snapback]

Click on anyplace you see naogong in red. It will take you to your control panel. Scroll down and find "edit signature". Type anything you want and then click on "update signature". You might have to scroll down to find the button.

Ours were also sent on May 11 to GZ and My SO received the P3 a week ago. Seems like they should also have yours since it went out to GZ on the exact same day. I would call DOS and be persistent. Some people I reached at DOS is not very helpful but after 10 attempt, I reached someone that love Chinese songs and culture and she dug out the infos for me. She love Jackie Chan and Deng Lijun and even joke with me for a while. Keep calling until you get a person who is willing to help you.

234155[/snapback]

234271[/snapback]

234282[/snapback]

Naogong,

Sorry about that. That is probably why I should leave the explaining to the experts. My first call to the DOS was when I felt the Consulate was giving me the run around. I could not figure out how they knew about my case but did not have paperwork for over two months. This clown at the DOS proceeded to instruct me that China was a communist country. He was very condescending towards me.

Wish you the best on this. Good Luck.

Guest pushbrk
Ours were also sent on May 11 to GZ and My SO received the P3 a week ago.  Seems like they should also have yours since it went out to GZ on the exact same day.  I would call DOS and be persistent.  Some people I reached at DOS is not very helpful but after 10 attempt, I reached someone that love Chinese songs and culture and she dug out the infos for me.  She love Jackie Chan and Deng Lijun and even joke with me for a while.  Keep calling until you get a person who is willing to help you.

234339[/snapback]

Yours is a K visa. The OP is CR1. GUZ has to wait on the file to begin the name check on CR1 cases. They don't have to wait for the hard copy on K visa cases.