P4 Question about Family Composition Sheet

Hi: I am a US female and my fiance is a Chinese male. Question #6 in GIV-24 requests If your parent or spouse/fiance has had more then one marriage or concubine, please inclue list of all children ......

I have never been married but I have a son from a previous relationship .. Do I list him ? Is my ex considered my concubine? :-) hahahaha .. I know .. Im laughing .. but I really do not know if I am supposed to wiite my sons name here.

Please Advise

Thank You

Toni :rolleyes:

Guest pushbrk
Hi:  I am a US female and my fiance is a Chinese male.  Question #6 in GIV-24 requests If your parent or spouse/fiance has had more then one marriage or concubine, please inclue list of all children ......

I have never been married but I have a son from a previous relationship .. Do I list him ?  Is my ex considered my concubine? :-) hahahaha .. I know .. Im laughing .. but I really do not know if I am supposed to wiite my sons name here. 

Please Advise

Thank You

Toni  :rolleyes:

231165[/snapback]

That's a good one, Toni. You do list your son and from the perspective of your fiance, your son is his "fiance's son". I do believe they want your son's father listed as well. Whether you state the relationship as "fiance's concubine" or "fiance's son's father" or some other title is probably up to you as long as the familial relationship is clear.

Hi:   I am a US female and my fiance is a Chinese male.  Question #6 in GIV-24 requests If your parent or spouse/fiance has had more then one marriage or concubine, please inclue list of all children ......

I have never been married but I have a son from a previous relationship .. Do I list him ?  Is my ex considered my concubine? :-) hahahaha .. I know .. Im laughing .. but I really do not know if I am supposed to wiite my sons name here.  

Please Advise

Thank You

Toni  :rolleyes:

231165[/snapback]

That's a good one, Toni. You do list your son and from the perspective of your fiance, your son is his "fiance's son". I do believe they want your son's father listed as well. Whether you state the relationship as "fiance's concubine" or "fiance's son's father" or some other title is probably up to you as long as the familial relationship is clear.

231179[/snapback]

WRONG

Hi:  I am a US female and my fiance is a Chinese male.  Question #6 in GIV-24 requests If your parent or spouse/fiance has had more then one marriage or concubine, please inclue list of all children ......

Please Advise

Thank You

Toni  :threeques:

231165[/snapback]

A concubine is a woman who cohabits with a man but isn't formally married to him. Concubines and their children have lesser legal rights than wives and their children

Guest pushbrk
Hi:?nbsp; I am a US female and my fiance is a Chinese male.?Question #6 in GIV-24 requests If your parent or spouse/fiance has had more then one marriage or concubine, please inclue list of all children ......

I have never been married but I have a son from a previous relationship .. Do I list him ??Is my ex considered my concubine? :-) hahahaha .. I know .. Im laughing .. but I really do not know if I am supposed to wiite my sons name here.?nbsp;

Please Advise

Thank You

Toni?:threeques:

231165[/snapback]

231179[/snapback]

WRONG

231184[/snapback]

Ok, I'll bite. What is "wrong"? What is your correction?

Guest pushbrk
Unless my wife or I had one, I would never write the word concubine on a formal document and certainly not as suggested above, if there was one. An ex is an ex unless, well, you know....

231192[/snapback]

The petitioner doesn't have an ex-husband. She has a child from a former relationship. The open question is how to properly name the relationship on the GIV 24 question 6.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)
Unless my wife or I had one, I would never write the word concubine on a formal document and certainly not as suggested above, if there was one. An ex is an ex unless, well, you know....

231192[/snapback]

The petitioner doesn't have an ex-husband. She has a child from a former relationship. The open question is how to properly name the relationship on the GIV 24 question 6.

231203[/snapback]

why would you suggest she use, "Whether you state the relationship as "fiance's concubine" or "fiance's son's father" or some other title is probably up to you as long as the familial relationship is clear."

I don't get it! Where does she have a concubine in her past relationship?

Guest pushbrk

231192[/snapback]

231203[/snapback]

why would you suggest she use, "Whether you state the relationship as "fiance's concubine" or "fiance's son's father" or some other title is probably up to you as long as the familial relationship is clear."

I don't get it! Where does she have a concubine in her past relationship?

231208[/snapback]

Yes, there is technically no such thing as a male concubine. The point is to make the relationship clear and name the father of the USC's son.

Please Advise

Thank You

Toni  :roller:

231165[/snapback]

Question 6 concerns your finace's immediate family and you will be listed there as his fiance, but your son is not a member of his immediate family until you are married. A concubine would be a kept woman or mistress and it asked for any children from any relationships. Only if your fiance had more than one wife or concubine would the other wifes or concubines be listed.

Question 7 is for your immediate family, this does not include your son or Ex. It wants mom, dad, brothers and sisters of all types, i.e. step or adopted.

For a bit more clarification read the questions at the end of #6 and #7

Guest pushbrk
Hi:?nbsp; I am a US female and my fiance is a Chinese male.?Question #6 in GIV-24 requests If your parent or spouse/fiance has had more then one marriage or concubine, please inclue list of all children ......

I have never been married but I have a son from a previous relationship .. Do I list him ??Is my ex considered my concubine? :-) hahahaha .. I know .. Im laughing .. but I really do not know if I am supposed to wiite my sons name here.?nbsp;

Please Advise

Thank You

Toni?:roller:

231165[/snapback]

Question 6 concerns your finace's immediate family and you will be listed there as his fiance, but your son is not a member of his immediate family until you are married. A concubine would be a kept woman or mistress and it asked for any children from any relationships. Only if your fiance had more than one wife or concubine would the other wifes or concubines be listed.

Question 7 is for your immediate family, this does not include your son or Ex. It wants mom, dad, brothers and sisters of all types, i.e. step or adopted.

231242[/snapback]

The petitioner is female. The beneficiary is male.

Sorry, my answer was for K3. Your son is not yet part of your fiance's family. If he is not listed and you weren't married to is father, then the father need not be listed.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)
Hi:   I am a US female and my fiance is a Chinese male.  Question #6 in GIV-24 requests If your parent or spouse/fiance has had more then one marriage or concubine, please inclue list of all children ......

Please Advise

Thank You

Toni  :roller:

231165[/snapback]

231242[/snapback]

The petitioner is female. The beneficiary is male.

231246[/snapback]

Correct as the OP stated.

Please Advise

Thank You

231165[/snapback]

Now that we have determined that my ex is not my concubine, I am thinking I should not list my son anywhere. Let me tell you why and please correct me if I am wrong. Question 6: If your parent or spouse has had more then one marriage or concubine, please include, List all children from that relationship, if deseased give date of birth. I have never been married nor am I yet the spouse. And if my ex is not considered my concubine then this question does not ask me to list my child.

It was someone's reply that pointed out that my son is not yet his step child until we marry that helped me come to this conclusion.

Regarding Question #7 Spouse's or fiance's natural parent, brothers/sisters, adopted brother/sisters and half/step brothers/sister are listed below. If deceased give date of birth. Therefore question #7 does not ask any question about children.

Am I missing something? I want to do this correctly.

Please Advise

Thank You

231165[/snapback]

Now that we have determined that my ex is not my concubine, I am thinking I should not list my son anywhere. Let me tell you why and please correct me if I am wrong. Question 6: If your parent or spouse has had more then one marriage or concubine, please include, List all children from that relationship, if deseased give date of birth. I have never been married nor am I yet the spouse. And if my ex is not considered my concubine then this question does not ask me to list my child.

It was someone's reply that pointed out that my son is not yet his step child until we marry that helped me come to this conclusion.

Regarding Question #7 Spouse's or fiance's natural parent, brothers/sisters, adopted brother/sisters and half/step brothers/sister are listed below. If deceased give date of birth. Therefore question #7 does not ask any question about children.

Am I missing something? I want to do this correctly.

231265[/snapback]

Your not missing a thing. Sometimes the easiest questions can be worded to make them difficult.