Another Canned Response

Ok I can see that nobody cares... But I'll keep trying... My next "batch" of letters is going to CNN,ABC,NBC and Fox

Dear Mr.

Thank you for your e-mail to the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman (CIS Ombudsman).

You indicate in your e-mail that you filed a K-3 application on behalf of your spouse, and that the application processing dates as published on the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services website (www.uscis.gov) have not moved beyond March 5, 2006. We thank you for your comments and your brining this issue to our attention.

The office of the CIS Ombudsman is charged with assisting individuals who experience specific problems during the immigration benefits seeking process. Additionally, the CIS Ombudsman is dedicated to identifying systemic problems in the immigration benefits process, and to recommending solutions to USCIS. The concerns you raised in your e-mail will therefore be considered by our office as we communicate to USCIS and develop recommendations to improve USCIS¡¯ benefits processes.

Ok I can see that nobody cares... But I'll keep trying... My next "batch" of letters is going to CNN,ABC,NBC and Fox

Dear Mr.

Thank you for your e-mail to the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman (CIS Ombudsman).

You indicate in your e-mail that you filed a K-3 application on behalf of your spouse, and that the application processing dates as published on the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services website (www.uscis.gov) have not moved beyond March 5, 2006. We thank you for your comments and your brining this issue to our attention.

The office of the CIS Ombudsman is charged with assisting individuals who experience specific problems during the immigration benefits seeking process. Additionally, the CIS Ombudsman is dedicated to identifying systemic problems in the immigration benefits process, and to recommending solutions to USCIS. The concerns you raised in your e-mail will therefore be considered by our office as we communicate to USCIS and develop recommendations to improve USCIS¡¯ benefits processes.

230877[/snapback]

Is Ombudsman someone that you recommend to help with immigration problems? Anyone else had any luck with him?

Also could you please pm me with his contact email?

Thanks

Dear Mr.

230877[/snapback]

Is Ombudsman someone that you recommend to help with immigration problems? Anyone else had any luck with him?

Thanks

230879[/snapback]

They are suppose to help.. but I don't know..

You can find detailed instructions on how to submit a case problem inquiry to our office on the CIS Ombudsman¡¯s website at www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman, and specifically on the following web-link: http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/interapp/edit...torial_0497.xml.

Dear Mr.

230877[/snapback]

Thanks

230879[/snapback]

They are suppose to help.. but I don't know..

You can find detailed instructions on how to submit a case problem inquiry to our office on the CIS Ombudsman¡¯s website at www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman, and specifically on the following web-link: http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/interapp/edit...torial_0497.xml.

230881[/snapback]

I emailed my letter to the Director here: 'Prakash.Khatri@dhs.gov'

Dear Mr.

230877[/snapback]

Relax. It has been reported here that the published processing date represents the latest date for which processing at the service center has been completed. That seems to me like a strange way of reporting, but remember, you are dealing with USCIS which is a strange entity itself. If we assume that that is the definition, the date does not seem unreasonable to me if it reflects all the RFEs in the process.

If you just look at your case, it has been only a few days since you returned the RFE, much too soon for USCIS to have done anything yet and even if they changed their reporting, it would not make things go faster.

My suspicion would be that when they initially look at a I-129F that requires an RFE that they do no further processing until they receive the information requested. IF that is true, and it is just my suspicion, I would look at the timelines and see what the average elapsed time is from NOA1 to NOA2 for your type of petition and use that as your guide for expected time from RFE return to NOA2. And, if you're like most of use, it will always take even longer for you than for other people.

As an aside, what do you think CNN、ABCNBC and/or FOX can do to help?

Dear Mr.

230877[/snapback]

Relax. It has been reported here that the published processing date represents the latest date for which processing at the service center has been completed. That seems to me like a strange way of reporting, but remember, you are dealing with USCIS which is a strange entity itself. If we assume that that is the definition, the date does not seem unreasonable to me if it reflects all the RFEs in the process.

If you just look at your case, it has been only a few days since you returned the RFE, much too soon for USCIS to have done anything yet and even if they changed their reporting, it would not make things go faster.

My suspicion would be that when they initially look at a I-129F that requires an RFE that they do no further processing until they receive the information requested. IF that is true, and it is just my suspicion, I would look at the timelines and see what the average elapsed time is from NOA1 to NOA2 for your type of petition and use that as your guide for expected time from RFE return to NOA2. And, if you're like most of use, it will always take even longer for you than for other people.

As an aside, what do you think CNN¡¢ABC¡¢NBC and/or FOX can do to help?

230887[/snapback]

Nothing to help... just hoping to get some publicity to show how inept the uscis really is. They haven't moved the dates in over 12 weeks...

Dear Mr.

230877[/snapback]

230887[/snapback]

Nothing to help... just hoping to get some publicity to show how inept the uscis really is. They haven't moved the dates in over 12 weeks...

230888[/snapback]

Besides.. I know everyone here has had to wait... and everyone has been stuck somewhere in their own nightmare hole... this whole process is crap and if everyone just keeps putting up with it and "waiting".. it will always be crap.. instead of just "waiting" more people need to raise some hell and try and make it better!

Dear Mr.

230877[/snapback]

230887[/snapback]

230888[/snapback]

Besides.. I know everyone here has had to wait... and everyone has been stuck somewhere in their own nightmare hole... this whole process is crap and if everyone just keeps putting up with it and "waiting".. it will always be crap.. instead of just "waiting" more people need to raise some hell and try and make it better!

230891[/snapback]

Yup, I'm all for raising hell. I wasn't really that pissed about the whole wait because I ASSUMED that my wife could visit me...I mean I can travel to a communist country with an oppressive government with a visa I obtained in less than a week with little or no paperwork...surely my wife can come to the good ol USA with no problem, just for a visit...what's that you say?...she can't visit while the paperwork is processing...$@$%@%

That really gets my knickers in a twist. It's easier for me to go to a communist country (assuming I quit my job because I have no vacation time) to see my wife, who is unemployed and could come here with no lost work.

Edited by trickyspark (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk

Dear Mr.

230877[/snapback]

None of us are happy with the length of time the immigration process is taking.

This response seems pretty appropriate to me. You didn't go to the Ombudsman with a specific case related issue to which they could respond in any specific way. The IMBRA related delays are not news to the Ombudsman and there is no specific assistance you could possilby have been offered in response to your inquiry.

Yes, its a canned response but you presented them with nothing that would reasonably generating anything beyond that.

If you don't think THIS response was appropriate, what WOULD you have considered appropriate and why?

First let me say that I really do understand your feelings, and no, I'm not going to give you a "hang in there". What you are doing might get some attention somewhere and who knows what will happen. Over a year ago, we collectively sent a letter signed by a great number of us which got a response but little else.

One of the problems is that the petition keeps changing hands so it's hard to get to tha responsible party sometimes. Depending where it is, it could be in the hands of USCIS, FBI or other agents of Homeland Security, or DOS.

As for the media, you might have luck on a local level, but, with everything happening in the Mid. East, and the recent strife over illegal immigration, I doubt the major players would be interested.

By all means, don't give up. When Jen and I were in the process, we didn't have official representation here from GZ so things can change. The process is running a little faster on average than when we were in and much faster than the time spent by some of the originals so there is hope.

So fire away my friend, and if you do get a bite, I', sure there are many here who will have your back.

First let me say that I really do understand your feelings, and no, I'm not going to give you a "hang in there". What you are doing might get some attention somewhere and who knows what will happen. Over a year ago, we collectively sent a letter signed by a great number of us which got a response but little else.

One of the problems is that the petition keeps changing hands so it's hard to get to tha responsible party sometimes. Depending where it is, it could be in the hands of USCIS, FBI or other agents of Homeland Security, or DOS.

As for the media, you might have luck on a local level, but, with everything happening in the Mid. East, and the recent strife over illegal immigration, I doubt the major players would be interested.

By all means, don't give up. When Jen and I were in the process, we didn't have official representation here from GZ so things can change. The process is running a little faster on average than when we were in and much faster than the time spent by some of the originals so there is hope.

So fire away my friend, and if you do get a bite, I', sure there are many here who will have your back.

231024[/snapback]

Thanks... I'm going to keep trying to do something. I think we need a new name on the ballots come November.... none of the above..

Dear Mr.

230877[/snapback]

None of us are happy with the length of time the immigration process is taking.

This response seems pretty appropriate to me. You didn't go to the Ombudsman with a specific case related issue to which they could respond in any specific way. The IMBRA related delays are not news to the Ombudsman and there is no specific assistance you could possilby have been offered in response to your inquiry.

Yes, its a canned response but you presented them with nothing that would reasonably generating anything beyond that.

If you don't think THIS response was appropriate, what WOULD you have considered appropriate and why?

231021[/snapback]

I didn't really write them with a "case specific" problem.. just a overall problem with uscis. They were just one of the many on my list. This "process" needs to change and I'm going to do all that I can to try and make people realize it. I understand it's probably not going to happen but I will keep trying.

I have a friend that brought a girl here from Russia in 1994. The whole process from beginning to end took 2 months. Now… I can understand additional time for name checks and security and such. But, for this process to take more than 6 or 7 months is an insult and a disgrace. We should be ashamed of ourselves for letting the government get away with it.

I have a friend that brought a girl here from Russia in 1994. The whole process from beginning to end took 2 months. Now?I can understand additional time for name checks and security and such. But, for this process to take more than 6 or 7 months is an insult and a disgrace. We should be ashamed of ourselves for letting the government get away with it.

231069[/snapback]

I have written letters to the President, 2 Senators, governor, and DOS explaining how unfair this process is for those of us trying to bring our loved ones into this country, while millions of illegals run around with no security check having been done on them at all.

The only response I received was from the White House who explained to me that DOS handles these matters and my letter would be forwarded to DOS. 2 months later i received a letter from the the Director of DOS in the Office of Public and Diplomatic Liaison. He stated that DOS understands that delays in visa issuance are seriously complicating the lives of applicants and of those who are waiting for their return. But it all comes down to legal and procedural requirements for the protection and security of the United States. He said each case is unique and setting a time frame is not appropriate.

Anyway lately my fiance has been crying when I talk to her and there is nothing I can do to make her understand that all we can do is continue to wait. It sucks bad. She says she does not trust USA and feels that no one is trying to help us. :greenblob: