documents for interview

I submitted the original I-864 to NVC and didn't retain a copy of it. The interview date is approaching. Do i need to prepare a new I864 with tax returns and w-2 to Guangzhou on the interview day?

My parents had lived in USA for few years in the past. Do they also need to obtain police certificate for that?

thanks

Guest pushbrk
I submitted the original I-864 to NVC and didn't retain a copy of it. The interview date is approaching. Do i need to prepare a new I864 with tax returns and w-2 to Guangzhou on the interview day?

My parents had lived in USA for few years in the past. Do they also need to obtain police certificate for that?

thanks

227553[/snapback]

You lost me with your reference to your parents. The beneficiary gets a police report from each country in which they lived for whatever period of time the instructions say (Is it 6 months?) since age 16. Unless your parents are the beneficiaries of your petition(s) they don't need ANY police reports.

Yes, prepare a new I-864, particularly since you didn't keep a copy.

Here's a very smart CR1 beneficiary :) , who not only asked the VO the question but answered it as well !

If nothing is lost (and I cannot recall a case of a missing I-864), all documents are forwarded from NVC to GUZ.

It's your call, but it's easy to do and will get you to stop wondering...

Me: Do you need the financial proof still?  Oh, no, you have already had it.

VO: Right. (Apologetically) Sorry you have to wait for so long.

171567[/snapback]

I am the petitioner for my parents. They used to live in USA for 5 years in the early 90's. Do i need to get police certificate from New York where they lived?

Are the documents required check listed for the interview in P4 same for all the applicants? I called Guangzhou and they told me that it all depends on the P4 instruction. If they state in the P4, then i would need to prepare a new I-864. I am a little bit confused on that. Can anyone clear that for me? thanks