Chinese prejudices

Btw, if Chinese men have sufficient resources, they don't tend to blow up a tower in a big city or send troops to a foreign country - everybody just purchases a 2nd wife (bao er nai) or maybe a 3rd.

226734[/snapback]

Dern Eunice, how do they do it? I have hard enough time just keeping one woman happy. I can't imagine what it'd be like having three of them pissed off at me.

226740[/snapback]

The first wife takes care of the home and kid.

The 2nd wife is part-time and gets paid for her service, stays hide in some apartment the guy rents or bought for her.

The 3rd, maybe she needs a good job or a favor or sex from the guy.

I'm not kidding. I know two gals who are concubines of some Chinese government officials.

I have prejudice for my collegues who are fond of talking about which Hong Kong movie star was/is whose concubine and who has bought her apartments. I always switch the topic to soccer.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I buy any brand of Japanese, my friends will beat me up and send me more pics of Nan Jing Holocaust.

Btw, if Chinese men have sufficient resources, they don't tend to blow up a tower in a big city or send troops to a foreign country - everybody just purchases a 2nd wife (bao er nai) or maybe a 3rd.

226734[/snapback]

Hahaha, now there’s peace. :D Well as my wife says the first wife has no choice because of her economic or other situations, usually. She said sometimes they know each other or become friends with the 2nd wife. Her Grandfather had 2 wives and the family all seemed to get along well with them. Anyway she does say only the first is legal, and I met a lot of women on line who were divorced and did not want to put up with a gf from the husband.

When my wife gets here she only thinks of quality and resale value and gas mileage, and maybe prestige a little. She has mentioned a certain brand of Japanese car. For some reason she has turned against most prejudices that I can see. Oops take that back, farmers. She does talk badly of them on the one hand and how they are dark and dirty looking but she stares at them and says how healthy they are. She does seem to feel that the darker one is the more dirty they look, but she is kind to all and will talk with anyone. She wears a hat all year to keep her skin in check then goes to the beech every other year or so and splurges in the sun and winds up dark. She always tells me if she got dark, or cut her hair to see what I will do or glad I am not there to see it. Contradictions. :)

226734[/snapback]

Dern Eunice, how do they do it? I have hard enough time just keeping one woman happy. I can't imagine what it'd be like having three of them pissed off at me.

226740[/snapback]

You hit the nail on the head Dennis. Any man that want's more than one wife has rocks in his head. When they aren't bad mouthing each other they would gang up on you.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)
I was very interested in the, what ever I said while in China was incorrect etc but if the same thing was said by others.. well hell's bell's if that ain't the truth! very frustrating. I think this goes to the clanishness and superstitiopns many exhabit

225987[/snapback]

Well, all I can say is that I hope others won't have to learn this frustrating quirk too.

It still goes to show that regardless of what I do, if someone else tells her otherwise, it then becomes the gospel truth.....:headbang:

226014[/snapback]

Have experienced this TOO many times. But when I am proven right, I had better not throw in an "I told you so".

And then she does it again...Grrrrr.....

Wow ... I asked my wife about bao er nai and she got a little upset ... so I put my green baseball cap on and went for a walk ...  :headbang:

226912[/snapback]

Jim,

Buy some flowers, smile a lot....

-James

Guest pushbrk
I was very interested in the, what ever I said while in China was incorrect etc but if the same thing was said by others.. well hell's bell's if that ain't the truth! very frustrating. I think this goes to the clanishness and superstitiopns many exhabit

225987[/snapback]

Well, all I can say is that I hope others won't have to learn this frustrating quirk too.

It still goes to show that regardless of what I do, if someone else tells her otherwise, it then becomes the gospel truth.....:headbang:

226014[/snapback]

Have experienced this TOO many times. But when I am proven right, I had better not throw in an "I told you so".

227122[/snapback]

Just this morning my wife tells me her two Chinese friends, Nancy and Linda "SAY" she needs to arrive in GUZ a week before the interview to get the "check-up". When I tell her "no" she says "Nancy SAY", "Linda SAY", to which I reply that for an extra 100RMB she can get the results the same day AND, "Laopo not listen Nancy. Not listen Linda. Laopo hear Laogong." To which she replies with her usual "Laogong purrfict".

"Why Laopo forget?" "Laopo no forget." It was really funny and always is. I think it is just a reaction for her but I do have to reconvince her every time. Fortunately she remembers her two friends were both blue slipped for CR1 visas that took 14 and 18 months.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

225987[/snapback]

It still goes to show that regardless of what I do, if someone else tells her otherwise, it then becomes the gospel truth.....:)

226014[/snapback]

227122[/snapback]

Just this morning my wife tells me her two Chinese friends, Nancy and Linda "SAY" she needs to arrive in GUZ a week before the interview to get the "check-up". When I tell her "no" she says "Nancy SAY", "Linda SAY", to which I reply that for an extra 100RMB she can get the results the same day AND, "Laopo not listen Nancy. Not listen Linda. Laopo hear Laogong." To which she replies with her usual "Laogong purrfict".

"Why Laopo forget?" "Laopo no forget." It was really funny and always is. I think it is just a reaction for her but I do have to reconvince her every time. Fortunately she remembers her two friends were both blue slipped for CR1 visas that took 14 and 18 months.

227141[/snapback]

I tell ya, those Nanning girls have got this network of gossip that then turns to folklore and finally becomes truth, (in their minds). And, there's really little one can do to change their minds. I went through with my former Nanning SO. I see it with here with Leiqin and her Nanning girlfriends.

Good luck, Mike. :cheering:

Guest pushbrk

225987[/snapback]

It still goes to show that regardless of what I do, if someone else tells her otherwise, it then becomes the gospel truth.....:clapping:

226014[/snapback]

227122[/snapback]

227141[/snapback]

I tell ya, those Nanning girls have got this network of gossip that then turns to folklore and finally becomes truth, (in their minds). And, there's really little one can do to change their minds. I went through with my former Nanning SO. I see it with here with Leiqin and her Nanning girlfriends.

Good luck, Mike. :beer:

227167[/snapback]

Yes, well the one story they need to spread a little more widely is the one about using sticky labels but, I can't really splain about that in public. :yahoo:

Just this morning my wife tells me her two Chinese friends, Nancy and Linda "SAY" she needs to arrive in GUZ a week before the interview to get the "check-up".  When I tell her "no" she says "Nancy SAY", "Linda SAY", to which I reply that for an extra 100RMB she can get the results the same day AND, "Laopo not listen Nancy.  Not listen Linda.  Laopo hear Laogong."  To which she replies with her usual "Laogong purrfict".

"Why Laopo forget?"  "Laopo no forget."  It was really funny and always is.  I think it is just a reaction for her but I do have to reconvince her every time.  Fortunately she remembers her two friends were both blue slipped for CR1 visas that took 14 and 18 months.

227141[/snapback]

You may recall we ran into a medical problem that took two days to resolve. Leave a little slack time Mike ... you'll be unbearable if there is an admin SNAFU :blink:

Edited by jim_julian (see edit history)
Leiqin is a Nanning girl.  She will often make comments like “Goungzhou woman not good?or “No likea Hunan woman?etc.  Seems there is a lot of profiling and generalizing about a person’s character simply based on the region they come from.  A Xian woman told me once that southern girls were too dark and that men preferred the lighter-skinned northern girls.  Are these biases common with all Chinese women or is this just something about Leiqin’s personality?

225661[/snapback]

I think these direct comments cute, interesting and I always laughed when hearing it.

I feel sort of uncomfortable with my masque:

When I want to say "God, you have no common sense", I said "Oh, you don't be so humorous!"

I said "I have bi-polar disorder which can damage a relationship and you need to reconsider it" instead of "I want a break-up".

I said "The information you gave me has conflicts" instead of "Why you are lying about your occupation?"

brasilian girls  :redblob:

227488[/snapback]

Oh gosh, don't get me started. Striking and I hope the lady at church likes my wife. She keeps looking at me and I get "uncomfortable", she's married and so am I. Whew, Hahahaha. Hope it is my American misunderstanding. :redblob: