The child does not have to fill this form out...

Someone can correct me if this is wrong... I don't mean simply saying "I sent one"... Is it definitively mandatory for a child or not ?

I know we have some who sent and who did not send.. This always tells me that those that sent, did so unnecessarily, and those that did not send one had no problem..I cannot recall an RFE... (which would change my tune)...

This is what I collected on children some time back for K# and CR1... but I'm glad to be wrong...

Guest pushbrk
There is a portion on the G325a that asks for the name to be written in the native language... does that apply to my ladies 14 year old son? should he write in his name?

224510[/snapback]

For either an I-130 or an I-129F petition, a G325a is required for the petitioner and the beneficiary. If either or both have a language that has native characters for their name, the NAME must be written in ONE SPOT, in those native characters. It is not a signature. It does not matter who writes the characters.

There is ALSO a place for a signature. The signature should be how the person signs their name. In my case both places on all G325a forms for Chinese beneficiary, have the name written in Chinese characters because the respective beneficiaries sign their name that way.

If you file an I-130 for the child, then the child signs the associated G325a, BECAUSE the child is the beneficiary on that petition. Also the name is written below in Chinese characters.

If you ONLY file an I-129f, there is no G325A for the child.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk
Issue is that [some] past members (CR1/CR2) did not submit a G-325a for the child and got approval...  None that I know of got an RFE...

I'm still waiting to hear that someone got an RFE for not including one for the child...

224552[/snapback]

I re-read the I-130 instructions, which clearly say to file a G325a for yourself and your husband or wife. Based on that, perhaps one is not needed when the relationship is parent/child, since the petitioner's name won't appear on the child's G325a.