USCIS Case Status updated... no change?

Hi All,

I just logged into my account on the USCIS website and see that my I-129f case was updated yesterday, but I do not see any changes. It still reads the same as it did the first time I checked it. Does anyone know why that is? Does that mean it was opened and worked on, but no real 'update' was done? Thanks in advance!

Hi All,

I just logged into my account on the USCIS website and see that my I-129f case was updated yesterday, but I do not see any changes.  It still reads the same as it did the first time I checked it.  Does anyone know why that is?  Does that mean it was opened and worked on, but no real 'update' was done?  Thanks in advance!

224084[/snapback]

I think updating that website is the last thing on their minds. Hopefully, they are working on getting the RFE's out to us very soon. That is what we have to hope will happen. Hang in there, I am. ;)

Hi All,

I just logged into my account on the USCIS website and see that my I-129f case was updated yesterday, but I do not see any changes.  It still reads the same as it did the first time I checked it.  Does anyone know why that is?  Does that mean it was opened and worked on, but no real 'update' was done?  Thanks in advance!

224084[/snapback]

I think updating that website is the last thing on their minds. Hopefully, they are working on getting the RFE's out to us very soon. That is what we have to hope will happen. Hang in there, I am. ;)

224180[/snapback]

Hi, and thanks! Maybe I was not specific in my question... my own case has a status update on it from yesterday... not the website itself. I am referring to logging into my profile and looking at my cases... the I-130 has the same 'update date' as before (5/20) but my I-129F says it was updated yesterday, yet nothing changed in the description. I was curious what that meant? Thanks in advance!!

Why not call the toll free USCIS service number and ask.

224196[/snapback]

This how naive (or stupid) I am... I did not think you could do that until your case was 30 days past the last update date on the wbsite...?

Guest pushbrk

224196[/snapback]

This how naive (or stupid) I am... I did not think you could do that until your case was 30 days past the last update date on the wbsite...?

224199[/snapback]

This doesn't mean you're actually going to get any meaningful information. Your case gets touched numerous times before approval. I never saw any evidence of it in any of my three cases though.

The first reliable information you are likely to get will be by email.

224196[/snapback]

224199[/snapback]

This doesn't mean you're actually going to get any meaningful information. Your case gets touched numerous times before approval. I never saw any evidence of it in any of my three cases though.

224203[/snapback]

OK, thank you very much! I am trying to read as many posts as possible before asking questions, this is all pretty new to me. So, you are saying I will see my files 'touched' on occasion and the update dates will change, but no real changes will have been done until I receive an email? Thanks again!

Guest pushbrk

224196[/snapback]

224199[/snapback]

224203[/snapback]

OK, thank you very much! I am trying to read as many posts as possible before asking questions, this is all pretty new to me. So, you are saying I will see my files 'touched' on occasion and the update dates will change, but no real changes will have been done until I receive an email? Thanks again!

224207[/snapback]

If all is well at USCIS there are only two options, pending (or whatever they use for received but not approved) and approved. NVC and DOS can give more detailed information about the status through multiple steps in the process.

224196[/snapback]

224199[/snapback]

224203[/snapback]

224207[/snapback]

If all is well at USCIS there are only two options, pending (or whatever they use for received but not approved) and approved. NVC and DOS can give more detailed information about the status through multiple steps in the process.

224209[/snapback]

Thanks for replying so quickly! We are the same then? My wife and I and you guys I mean? This is how ignorant I am... I do not even know what category we fall into. Are we a CR1?

Also, should I PM you or others when it seems like the thread is becoming just between two people or if I just want to say: "Thanks for the help!", or do I continue to reply to the original?

Thanks for the info!!

Your case got touched...maybe there will be something good to happen...

Good luck!

224225[/snapback]

Thanks, I hope so!!

Also, congratulations - I see that you just got your Visa, nice!!!!