Guest pushbrk
I know its here some where have seen this answer.

But can't find it now.On a k3 if I-129 is approved

and VO day comes before anything is known about

I-130 does it cancel out I-130?

223307[/snapback]

The I-130 for the CR1 is not cancelled until you either cancel it or abandon it for a year.

After entry in the US via the K3 visa you have the option of adjusting status in the US or returning to GUZ for the CR1 interview. Most choose to adjust status but either is a viable option.

I know its here some where have seen this answer.

But can't find it now.On a k3 if I-129 is approved

and VO day comes before anything is known about

I-130 does it cancel out I-130?

223307[/snapback]

The I-130 for the CR1 is not cancelled until you either cancel it or abandon it for a year.

After entry in the US via the K3 visa you have the option of adjusting status in the US or returning to GUZ for the CR1 interview. Most choose to adjust status but either is a viable option.

223313[/snapback]

Thanks pushbrk..Thats what was thinking.

VO day for i-129 should be august (we hope).

I though could go the AOS route then.

Thanks much!!!

Guest pushbrk
The I-130 takes over for the I-129 as I filed both

223330[/snapback]

The CR1/I-130 will take the place of the K3/I-129F only if the petition physically arrives at the Consulate before the K3 interview. In China, this is rare.

223330[/snapback]

The CR1/I-130 will take the place of the K3/I-129F only if the petition physically arrives at the Consulate before the K3 interview. In China, this is rare.

223380[/snapback]

It's not that rare... I certainly would not characterize it like that... it just is not consistent in terms of the visa case or in time.

Guest pushbrk

223330[/snapback]

223380[/snapback]

It's not that rare... I certainly would not characterize it like that... it just is not consistent in terms of the visa case or in time.

223432[/snapback]

Well, you're the statistician. How rare isn't it? :lol: