Interview Itenerary

When you wait such a long time for this, sure don't want something to accidentally go wrong. The interview is Wednesday July 12th. So, I have scheduled my wife to fly into Guangzhou the morning of the 6th. From what I have read it takes two full business days to get the Medical reports completed. That means friday was the deadline. My choice to be one day early.

Then in leaving, the paperwork suggests three business days before return. This seemed like such a long time to be stuck in Guangzhou, I have suggested return air tickets the 15th of July.

Anyone have opinions on this? :unsure:

thanks again. :)

Could arrive on Sunday, have the exam on Monday morning paying the extra for next day results, but call the exam locations to verify before doing this.

In China purchasing a ticket the same day is not a problem like in the US, even for international flights. Many suggest waiting until you have the visa in hand before abandoning GZ, cause sometimes things happen.

Could arrive on Sunday, have the exam on Monday morning paying the extra for next day results, but call the exam locations to verify before doing this.

In China purchasing a ticket the same day is not a problem like in the US, even for international flights. Many suggest waiting until you have the visa in hand before abandoning GZ, cause sometimes things happen.

222597[/snapback]

My wife's Son, our Son is flying with her. He speaks English quite well and has volunteered (bless his heart).

The ticket prices have been discounted 45% based on the early purchase. I was told this dicount would not be available without early purchase.

Round trip Chongqing to Guangzhou is only $180 US this way.

I like the part about express Medical report. I will have them call.

thanks

222597[/snapback]

My wife's Son, our Son is flying with her. He speaks English quite well and has volunteered (bless his heart).

The ticket prices have been discounted 45% based on the early purchase. I was told this dicount would not be available without early purchase.

thanks

222598[/snapback]

If you SO told you it was cheaper to buy tickets now, instead of later, I would never question what your SO is telling you. I think we all know in the US, buying tickets early usually results in bigger savings. However, my SO reports to me, she has had the opposite experience in China. She reports to me regularly on ticket prices for some of our flights in China, and how the closer it gets to the flight date, the cheaper the tickets are. If we try to buy tickets 2 months in advance, she might be quoted close to 100% for the price. If we buy 2 weeks before the flight, the price is usually only 30-40% of the quoted price. We just bought 7 r/t tickets between Shanghai and Shenzhen, for 30%, for flights on June 18th. I would be happy to pass on her travel agents name and phone number (in China).

222597[/snapback]

thanks

222598[/snapback]

If you SO told you it was cheaper to buy tickets now, instead of later, I would never question what your SO is telling you. I think we all know in the US, buying tickets early usually results in bigger savings. However, my SO reports to me, she has had the opposite experience in China. She reports to me regularly on ticket prices for some of our flights in China, and how the closer it gets to the flight date, the cheaper the tickets are. If we try to buy tickets 2 months in advance, she might be quoted close to 100% for the price. If we buy 2 weeks before the flight, the price is usually only 30-40% of the quoted price. We just bought 7 r/t tickets between Shanghai and Shenzhen, for 30%, for flights on June 18th. I would be happy to pass on her travel agents name and phone number (in China).

222676[/snapback]

Yes Please. If you have an agency that can help reduce the cost of airfare, I would be delighted to contact them.

Thanks

Guest pushbrk
flychina.com is a company in Florida that specializes in air travel to and within China.  I have not used them; however, I have heard others on this site have.

223119[/snapback]

flychina.com and paciasia.com are both good places for people in the US to buy tickets to and within China. The best price tickets have generally been prepurchased from the airlines in advance and are resold to the passenger.

We all know that we can secure a better price by buying tickets in advance than waiting until the last minute.

The difference in China is that if the flight is not full, the airlines will also sell the last minute empty seats at an even greater discount than advance purchase. The trick in the summer is to find a flight that has available seats.

One way tickets FROM China can generally be purchased at the last minute for lower prices than advance purchase from the USA. I think Frank A is looking for a reference to an agency inside China that sells the last minute tickets.

When you wait such a long time for this, sure don't want something to accidentally go wrong. The interview is Wednesday July 12th. So, I have scheduled my wife to fly into Guangzhou the morning of the 6th. From what I have read it takes two full business days to get the Medical reports completed. That means friday was the deadline. My choice to be one day early.

Then in leaving, the paperwork suggests three business days before return. This seemed like such a long time to be stuck in Guangzhou, I have suggested return air tickets the 15th of July.

222594[/snapback]

Regarding the return trip from GZ:

Jie's interview was Tues, Feb 7. Like you, I scheduled our return to Shanghai for 3 days later, on Feb 10. BUT, but we ended up paying the extra fee with Air China to change the flight to a day earlier....Feb 9th.

When the interview is complete, your SO must go to China Post, on the same floor in the consulate as the interview. There, she will order 2 day delivery of the visa to a nearby China Post office in Tian He. I think the price was 20rmb. Then she can pick it up at 9 am, two business days after the interview.

So, the 3 days after the interview should be safe, however, be prepared....when she gets the visa from China Post she may not want to spend that entire day in GZ, and she may want to come back that same day, rather than wait until the 3rd day.

It might be worth it for her to have some extra money to pay the add'l airline fee to try and return the same day she picks up the visa.

222594[/snapback]

Regarding the return trip from GZ:

Jie's interview was Tues, Feb 7. Like you, I scheduled our return to Shanghai for 3 days later, on Feb 10. BUT, but we ended up paying the extra fee with Air China to change the flight to a day earlier....Feb 9th.

When the interview is complete, your SO must go to China Post, on the same floor in the consulate as the interview. There, she will order 2 day delivery of the visa to a nearby China Post office in Tian He. I think the price was 20rmb. Then she can pick it up at 9 am, two business days after the interview.

So, the 3 days after the interview should be safe, however, be prepared....when she gets the visa from China Post she may not want to spend that entire day in GZ, and she may want to come back that same day, rather than wait until the 3rd day.

It might be worth it for her to have some extra money to pay the add'l airline fee to try and return the same day she picks up the visa.

223149[/snapback]

It is so comforting to have so many helpful friends in the website!

I do not yet feel competent to make many recommendations to others, but maybe after everything is complete.

thanks!

222597[/snapback]

thanks

222598[/snapback]

222676[/snapback]

Yes Please. If you have an agency that can help reduce the cost of airfare, I would be delighted to contact them.

Thanks

222908[/snapback]

It's 12:30 a.m. in China now, so SO's asleep, but I will email her now and ask for phone number where she buys her tickets and let you know. FYI, she only buys tickets for flights inside China from this agent. I buy all of my international tickets using the internet. I.e., Kayak, Qixo and Sidestep.

222597[/snapback]

thanks

222598[/snapback]

222676[/snapback]

Thanks

222908[/snapback]

Sorry this took so long. She says:

In Shenzhen:

Okey:you know is two company

1. Miss Lu 13613016195 25987777

2. 82253678 82175057 82208616

We normally only pay 30% of full fare, and normally buy our tickets less than 30 days before departure, for flights inside China. For example, last week we bought 5 tickets, for June 18-27 r/t flights from Shanghai to Shenzhen for 30% (630 rmb one way).

Good luck!