Administrative review

Hi, all

In early May, GUZ noticed us that our name check has been expired, so they are doing another name check for us.( IR1/2 case sent from NVC to GUZ in Dec 2005, got into GUZ computer in April, 2006, 4 months delay, do not know why???)

Called DOS days ago, told us our case is waiting for the security clearance. Ok, have to wait.

Called again today, they told me that our case is now "under administrative review", -----what the heck is it? Does it mean a bad thing?(according to what I read here, it seems is a bad thing).But what does it mean? and how long it is going to take?

Should I be worried? Or should we do something else?

Some friends suggested us to file for AOS here now, so we do not have to deal with GUZ any more. But I just do not understand why it is so difficult?

Any sugguestions? Advices?Thanks a lot.

Frank

administrative review is kind of a catch all for we don't know why or cant tell you why your case isn't ready yet. I believe it is usually stuck in a security check because something rang a bell. It could just be she has a common name that got a hit. It could be resolved quickly or drag on for months. You just don't know

As Carl said, administrative review could mean any number of things. Most likely a name check hit came up, especially if your SO or you have a common name. Still, it could be something else. The problem is, no one will tell you anything about it or why it happened.

Hopefully, some of the folks on the board here who had administrative review can give you some insight into how long it takes. From my understanding, it varies.

Good luck and hang in there. Keep us posted.

My K-1 application has been stuck at the NVC since March in administrative review. I called about a month ago, and they won't tell me anything except it was in review.

I called NVC again two days ago and a nice Chinese woman told me that the delay was caused by a name check on my SO that was being conducted in Washington. She said my SO's name was fairly common (Xing). Didn't say anything about my name, which is also fairly common, but at least not Smith or Jones.

Of course, she wouldn't say ANYTHING about when it might be resolved!