2 QUESTIONS AND A THANK YOU

hello to all on the site.I have been looking at the forum for a few months but never joined until now. :yahoo: I hope some one can answer a couple of questions for me I first met my fiance on a dating site and decided I wanted to marry her before even meeting her Maybe stupid but I new she was the one for me I intially filed my petion before meeting her i know you are to meet the person first but i told the USCIS of my plans and that i would be meeting her the next month i thought it would speed up the process and they told me just to provide more infor mation when it was asked for photos well this did not happen this way this was last june well i have been there now 3 times sense august and refiled and have gotten this far waiting for a interview date and name check .my question is will this give a red flag to my case...And my second question is any body have a thought on how long to a interview for me my fiance's name is the 33rd most common if that matters and she works for the china post for 12 years if that matters ..... and finally thanks for all the good advice on this site it is a big help i would have never did what i did last summer if i would have read this site first :yahoo:

Guest ShaQuaNew
hello to all on the site.I have been looking at the forum for a few months but never joined until now. :yahoo: I hope some one can answer a couple of questions for me I first met my fiance on a dating site and decided I wanted to marry her before even meeting her Maybe stupid but I new she was the one for me I intially filed my petion before meeting her i know you are to meet the person first but i told the USCIS of my plans and that i would be meeting her the next month i thought it would speed up the process and they told me just to provide more infor mation when it was asked for photos well this did not happen this way this was last june well i have been there now 3 times sense august and refiled and have gotten this far waiting for a interview date and name check .my question is will this give a red flag to my case...And my second question is any body have a thought on how long to a interview for me my fiance's name is the 33rd most common if that matters and she works for the china post for 12 years if that matters ..... and finally thanks for all the good advice on this site it is a big help i would have never did what i did last summer if i would have read this site first  :yahoo:

221699[/snapback]

First, welcome to Candle and congratulations on your new-found love and plans.

Unfortunately, the USCIS will NOT accept your petition because you had not met face to face before you filed it. It is absolutely imperative that you meet face to face within two years before you file a petition. I suggest that you contact the USCIS and withdraw your original petition and file again.

You must have proof that you have met face to face. The more proof the better. This proof can come in the form of dated photos, boarding passes, hotel receipts, email correspondence, telephone records, etc.

Good luck

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)
hello to all on the site.I have been looking at the forum for a few months but never joined until now. :yahoo: I hope some one can answer a couple of questions for me I first met my fiance on a dating site and decided I wanted to marry her before even meeting her Maybe stupid but I new she was the one for me I intially filed my petion before meeting her i know you are to meet the person first but i told the USCIS of my plans and that i would be meeting her the next month i thought it would speed up the process and they told me just to provide more infor mation when it was asked for photos well this did not happen this way this was last june well i have been there now 3 times sense august and refiled and have gotten this far waiting for a interview date and name check .my question is will this give a red flag to my case...And my second question is any body have a thought on how long to a interview for me my fiance's name is the 33rd most common if that matters and she works for the china post for 12 years if that matters ..... and finally thanks for all the good advice on this site it is a big help i would have never did what i did last summer if i would have read this site first  :yahoo:

221699[/snapback]

First, welcome to Candle and congratulations on your new-found love and plans.

Unfortunately, the USCIS will NOT accept your petition because you had not met face to face before you filed it. It is absolutely imperative that you meet face to face within two years before you file a petition. I suggest that you contact the USCIS and withdraw your original petition and file again.

You must have proof that you have met face to face. The more proof the better. This proof can come in the form of dated photos, boarding passes, hotel receipts, email correspondence, telephone records, etc.

Good luck

221702[/snapback]

I am sorry I make it confusing they approved me in October after i refiled and have been there 3 times sense august ....... I just want to know if this intial mistake will cause me problems at my interview actually my case was sent from the NVC a day before your's but just now had the packet 3 returned to the guz after only recieving it on may 31

Guest ShaQuaNew
I am sorry I make it confusing they approved me in October after i refiled and have been there 3 times sense august ....... I just want to know if this intial mistake will cause me problems at my interview actually my case was sent from the NVC a day before your's but just now had the packet 3 returned to the guz after only recieving it on may 31

221704[/snapback]

Okay, thanks for clarifying. No, I do not believe this should adversely affect your petition. Be sure that you have plenty of evidence on hand in case requested at a later date. It sounds like you are home free at least at this stage as they've approved your petition.

Guest pushbrk
hello to all on the site.I have been looking at the forum for a few months but never joined until now. :D I hope some one can answer a couple of questions for me I first met my fiance on a dating site and decided I wanted to marry her before even meeting her Maybe stupid but I new she was the one for me I intially filed my petion before meeting her i know you are to meet the person first but i told the USCIS of my plans and that i would be meeting her the next month i thought it would speed up the process and they told me just to provide more infor mation when it was asked for photos well this did not happen this way this was last june well i have been there now 3 times sense august and refiled and have gotten this far waiting for a interview date and name check .my question is will this give a red flag to my case...And my second question is any body have a thought on how long to a interview for me my fiance's name is the 33rd most common if that matters and she works for the china post for 12 years if that matters ..... and finally thanks for all the good advice on this site it is a big help i would have never did what i did last summer if i would have read this site first  :)

221699[/snapback]

Your first question has been answered. To address your second question, we'll need to know for certain which petition you filed for which type of visa.

Since you don't actually mention getting married, I'm going to assume you've applied for a fiance K1 visa. In that case, your name check has already been completed. Her common name will not be a factor unless some issue comes up at interview that prompts administrative review. This is unlikely.

If my assumptions above, are correct then you are probably looking at an interview in August or September.

Your timeline is in your signature. To add a signature click on your name. You will be taken to a screen where if you scroll down, you'll see an option to "edit signature". Type in your timeline once and press the "update" button below. Your timeline and any other signature information you decide to use, will then appear below the text you post.

hello to all on the site.I have been looking at the forum for a few months but never joined until now. :D I hope some one can answer a couple of questions for me I first met my fiance on a dating site and decided I wanted to marry her before even meeting her Maybe stupid but I new she was the one for me I intially filed my petion before meeting her i know you are to meet the person first but i told the USCIS of my plans and that i would be meeting her the next month i thought it would speed up the process and they told me just to provide more infor mation when it was asked for photos well this did not happen this way this was last june well i have been there now 3 times sense august and refiled and have gotten this far waiting for a interview date and name check .my question is will this give a red flag to my case...And my second question is any body have a thought on how long to a interview for me my fiance's name is the 33rd most common if that matters and she works for the china post for 12 years if that matters ..... and finally thanks for all the good advice on this site it is a big help i would have never did what i did last summer if i would have read this site first?:)

221699[/snapback]

Your first question has been answered. To address your second question, we'll need to know for certain which petition you filed for which type of visa.

Since you don't actually mention getting married, I'm going to assume you've applied for a fiance K1 visa. In that case, your name check has already been completed. Her common name will not be a factor unless some issue comes up at interview that prompts administrative review. This is unlikely.

If my assumptions above, are correct then you are probably looking at an interview in August or September.

Your timeline is in your signature. To add a signature click on your name. You will be taken to a screen where if you scroll down, you'll see an option to "edit signature". Type in your timeline once and press the "update" button below. Your timeline and any other signature information you decide to use, will then appear below the text you post.

221710[/snapback]

Never assume the name check is complete until DOS tells you otherwise. Even then mistakes happen such as in our case. We were told she was eligible for interview and then we were told she wasn't. We received and returned P3 in January and are still pending name check. My fiance has one of those very common names.

Edited by IluvmyLi (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk
hello to all on the site.I have been looking at the forum for a few months but never joined until now. :D I hope some one can answer a couple of questions for me I first met my fiance on a dating site and decided I wanted to marry her before even meeting her Maybe stupid but I new she was the one for me I intially filed my petion before meeting her i know you are to meet the person first but i told the USCIS of my plans and that i would be meeting her the next month i thought it would speed up the process and they told me just to provide more infor mation when it was asked for photos well this did not happen this way this was last june well i have been there now 3 times sense august and refiled and have gotten this far waiting for a interview date and name check .my question is will this give a red flag to my case...And my second question is any body have a thought on how long to a interview for me my fiance's name is the 33rd most common if that matters and she works for the china post for 12 years if that matters ..... and finally thanks for all the good advice on this site it is a big help i would have never did what i did last summer if i would have read this site first?:)

221699[/snapback]

221710[/snapback]

Never assume the name check is complete until DOS tells you otherwise. Even then mistakes happen such as in our case. We were told she was eligible for interview and then we were told she wasn't. We received and returned P3 in January and are still pending name check. My fiance has one of those very common names.

221719[/snapback]

Yes, the safe bet is to call DOS at 202.663.1225 Use menue 1 and then 0 to get through to a person. They'll be able to confirm whether the name check is complete.