Credit Where Credit Is Due

My SO and I have now gotten to the point that we believe there may actually be an interview in our future after all. So this weekend, we began the serious preparation and practice for the interview. As we worked at finding our answers to historical questions, reviewing the interview reports of others, and planning the Guangzhou visit, we both realized just how much we owe to the Candle for Love and to each and person here now, and to those who have gone before.

We started on this visa process without outside help, and had gotten past NOA2 before finding this site. Things had gone as well as could be expected and thought we could do just as well the rest of the way by ourselves. My self-confidence level was approaching the cocky point before I got here and then I quickly saw how little I really knew about the rest of this government-imposed test of endurance.

It should have been done sooner, but we want everyone to know now just how much we appreciate all the things you people have done for us without even knowing who we are. This is not just a casual "Thank You", but a deeply felt expression of gratitude to the entire Candle of Love family for helping to ensure the bright future of two people who are deeply in love.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Thanks for sharing. Lan and I also are seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Each time we speak I ask her something old, and tell her something new, like, where was I born? Where does my daughter live? I thought I'd seen most of the stress up till now. Not so. There is a very large wave of things to do and plan breaking right now over both of our heads. Thankfully, we are both up to the challenge.... :huh:

Thanks for sharing. Lan and I also are seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Each time we speak I ask her something old, and tell her something new, like, where was I born? Where does my daughter live? I thought I'd seen most of the stress up till now. Not so. There is a very large wave of things to do and plan breaking right now over both of our heads. Thankfully, we are both up to the challenge.... :)

220324[/snapback]

Would you mind telling me how you were able to find out your interview date so early? I applied for a K1 and my timeline is almost identical to yours but I am still in the dark. Thank you very much.

Guest pushbrk
Thanks for sharing. Lan and I also are seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Each time we speak I ask her something old, and tell her something new, like, where was I born? Where does my daughter live? I thought I'd seen most of the stress up till now. Not so. There is a very large wave of things to do and plan breaking right now over both of our heads. Thankfully, we are both up to the challenge.... :)

220324[/snapback]

Would you mind telling me how you were able to find out your interview date so early? I applied for a K1 and my timeline is almost identical to yours but I am still in the dark. Thank you very much.

220366[/snapback]

You are in the dark and so are we. What...DO...you know? If you can put together a timline, we can be of more assistance. Right now, it's hard to understand the question because there are no specifics.

Thanks for sharing. Lan and I also are seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Each time we speak I ask her something old, and tell her something new, like, where was I born? Where does my daughter live? I thought I'd seen most of the stress up till now. Not so. There is a very large wave of things to do and plan breaking right now over both of our heads. Thankfully, we are both up to the challenge.... :lol:

220324[/snapback]

220366[/snapback]

Most of us call the DOS call center at 202-663-1225 then 1, 0 to get to talk to a live person. You will need you GUZ number, SO's name and DOB.

Sometimes you get extremely strange information, if that is the case call back later and hope for a different person.

Some of the benchmarks for K-1 visas are:

Namecheck Complete

Received by GZ

P3 mailed

P3 recieved by GZ

Interview Date assigned

P4 mailed

They open the phones at 8:30AM EST.

Guest pushbrk
Called today... DOS closed for the Holiday... foolish me. :sosad:

220409[/snapback]

DOS closes from 11-12 every Wednesday. I reached them at 12:01 today with no problem. The holiday is over, dude.

220409[/snapback]

DOS closes from 11-12 every Wednesday. I reached them at 12:01 today with no problem. The holiday is over, dude.

220420[/snapback]

I called at 10:00AM and again at 10:30AM Central Time.

Guest pushbrk

220409[/snapback]

220420[/snapback]

I called at 10:00AM and again at 10:30AM Central Time.

220422[/snapback]

Yes, that is 11 and 11:30 Eastern time. The are closed on Wednesday from 11-12 Eastern time.