Cost of Police Report in Nanning

Guest pushbrk

Guest pushbrk
This was my experience Mike, 800 yuan...

Took about 3 weeks to get.

Good Luck,

Eric

219786[/snapback]

Geez, for just one original notarial document? Wow!

I am planning to do this in Mu dan jiang and Shanghai in about a month.

So, 800 Yuan with or without translation. Nanning ( although not applicable for my situation )

300 something? USD? With translation? Shang hai

Being familiar with how lao wei gets a discount, I plan for SO to visit herself while I wait in the " coffee shop " . :)

Guest pushbrk

So, 800 Yuan with or without translation.  Nanning ( although not applicable for my situation )

300 something? USD? With translation?  Shang hai

Being familiar with how lao wei gets a discount, I plan for SO to visit herself while I wait in the " coffee shop " .  :)

219857[/snapback]

Both the 300 and 800 prices you saw were in RMB, not USD.

Yes, your face can do no good at the Notarial office and is only needed when getting Notarial translation of Marriage documents. Since you are a K1, you are probably wise to stay out of sight.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

So, 800 Yuan with or without translation.?Nanning ( although not applicable for my situation )

300 something? USD? With translation??Shang hai

Being familiar with how lao wei gets a discount, I plan for SO to visit herself while I wait in the " coffee shop " .?:(

219857[/snapback]

Yes, your face can do no good at the Notarial office and is only needed when getting Notarial translation of Marriage documents. Since you are a K1, you are probably wise to stay out of sight.

219866[/snapback]

I figured it was RMB. Shang hai can be skewed to the greater on how much things cost compared to other cities. That is what threw me off.

This would be before the translation fees, I would guess.

SO has trained me well in not showing my face. :)

We USC's are rich ya know..... :) :blink: :huh:

Thanks Mike

Guest pushbrk

So, 800 Yuan with or without translation.?Nanning ( although not applicable for my situation )

300 something? USD? With translation??Shang hai

Being familiar with how lao wei gets a discount, I plan for SO to visit herself while I wait in the " coffee shop " .?;)

219857[/snapback]

219866[/snapback]

I figured it was RMB. Shang hai can be skewed to the greater on how much things cost compared to other cities. That is what threw me off.

This would be before the translation fees, I would guess.

SO has trained me well in not showing my face. :lol:

We USC's are rich ya know..... :roller: :roller: :roller:

Thanks Mike

219869[/snapback]

My question and I hope the answers, referred to the total expense of acquisition.

The Police Report itself (from the local Police Station was a pack of cigs for 15 minute service. This was just a simple written statement with an official Stamp by the PD.

The notorized translations and notorized "native language" copies for Police, Birth, and Marriage cost about 40 yuan per document...plus carton of cigs for 4 hour service. We decided on 3 sets, 18 documents total (720 yuan).

Also, I was there with her...better to be there with her than have someone try to take advantage or give her a hard time when they believe she's marrying a foreigner.

If you cannot be there with her, I suggest having her dad, brother or uncle accompany her, if possible.

Also, offering a cigarette is a good icebreaker. Setting a carton (in a bag) on the desk doesn't hurt much either.

The Police Report itself (from the local Police Station was a pack of cigs for 15 minute service. This was just a simple written statement with an official Stamp by the PD.

The notorized translations and notorized "native language" copies for Police, Birth, and Marriage cost about 40 yuan per document...plus carton of cigs for 4 hour service. We decided on 3 sets, 18 documents total (720 yuan).

219882[/snapback]

Now were talking.

Cigs will go a long way. :roller:

I have seen this before, and it works wonders.

This was my experience Mike, 800 yuan...

Took about 3 weeks to get.

Good Luck,

Eric

219786[/snapback]

Geez, for just one original notarial document? Wow!

219792[/snapback]

I'm sorry, my son also included with translation documents as well. I was not specific.