case processing speed

According to the DHL website, the last March shipment from NVC to GUZ (March 29, 24 pieces), was delivered to GUZ on 5/31, so in theory, GUZ has all of the March NVC shipments now, as well as April shipments through April 19, 2006.

220644[/snapback]

The best time to check the status of NVC shipments is on Monday morning from DOS. GUZ staff often works Saturdays to process these shipments....

220646[/snapback]

Called DOS again today... No Interview Date set! <_< :rolleyes:

hi , again! i just called DOS and they said our case is in queue. i have to ask my husband to call them again next week to make it sure since my husband knows english much better than i do :P anyway you can check my timeline and see your case progress. good luck to all of us. :cheering:

220584[/snapback]

Congratulations!! Your case is in que. What is your interview date?

220589[/snapback]

hey, if the case is in queue, does it mean the interview date should be decided ? i did asked the lady about the interview date last night, she said it will be scheduled in a month. anyways no news is good news but having good news is better news. :)

hi, again, Called DOS tonight, the interview date has not been scheduled yet. :unsure:

is there anyone who knows USUALLY how long this name checking thing can be done? could we do something here to faciliate the process? is there another way of following it up except calling DOS?

or we could just forget the visa stuff and do something else. :)

hi, again, Called DOS tonight, the interview date has not been scheduled yet. :unsure:

is there anyone who knows USUALLY  how long this name checking thing can be done? could we do something here to faciliate the process? is there another way of following it up except calling DOS?

222611[/snapback]

Calling the DOS is the only way to get valid information, but there is nothing you can do to speed up the process. Waiting without information is a major part of the process.

It is difficult not to let the waiting dictate every phase of your life, just try to enjoy your life together. It will come.

Now you could take a trip to Shenyang for the International Horticultural Exposition, we hope to take our family there on June 18 for Fathers day.

hi, again, Called DOS tonight, the interview date has not been scheduled yet. :)

is there anyone who knows USUALLY  how long this name checking thing can be done? could we do something here to faciliate the process? is there another way of following it up except calling DOS?

or we could just forget the visa stuff and do something else. :D

222611[/snapback]

Calling the DOS is the only way to get valid information, but there is nothing you can do to speed up the process. Waiting without information is a major part of the process.

It is difficult not to let the waiting dictate every phase of your life, just try to enjoy your life together. It will come.

Now you could take a trip to Shenyang for the International Horticultural Exposition, we hope to take our family there on June 18 for Fathers day.

222617[/snapback]

thanks for your response. it sounds a good idea to go to shengyang at the weekend to forget it for a moment. :P

by the way :unsure: Happy Fathers' Day to all the fathers at this forum. :)

Edited by march (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk
hi, again, Called DOS tonight, the interview date has not been scheduled yet. :blink:

is there anyone who knows USUALLY?how long this name checking thing can be done? could we do something here to faciliate the process? is there another way of following it up except calling DOS?

222611[/snapback]

222617[/snapback]

thanks for your response. it sounds a good idea to go to shengyang at the weekend to forget it for a moment. :)

222626[/snapback]

Although I don't see it in your timeline, I seem to remember you saying DOS told you that you were in Que or eligible for interview. If so the name check is complete already. If my memory has failed then this is the question to ask DOS. Are you eligible for interview? Is the name check complete?

Otherwise, your case is not actually going slowly, since you resumed.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)
hi, again, Called DOS tonight, the interview date has not been scheduled yet. :lol:

is there anyone who knows USUALLY?how long this name checking thing can be done? could we do something here to faciliate the process? is there another way of following it up except calling DOS?

or we could just forget the visa stuff and do something else. :D

222611[/snapback]

222617[/snapback]

thanks for your response. it sounds a good idea to go to shengyang at the weekend to forget it for a moment. B)

222626[/snapback]

Although I don't see it in your timeline, I seem to remember you saying DOS told you that you were in Que or eligible for interview. If so the name check is complete already. If my memory has failed then this is the question to ask DOS. Are you eligible for interview? Is the name check complete?

Otherwise, your case is not actually going slowly, since you resumed.

222631[/snapback]

the week before last week i called, they said it had been loaded; last week i asked the lady if our case was open she said yes , then i asked if the case was in queue, she said yes again; i am kind of confused here. it sounds it takes a while to have the namechecking done, so I thought in queue meant the case moved to name checking stage.

on second thought, since i had experince of entering the states as a student several years ago, i think they should have the name checking record then, so maybe they dont need the duplicate job.

anyways I am going to call tonight to figure out where the case is pending. Could you please advise how i should ask to get the clear answer?

Forget all the various ways of asking for it..

Just ask: "Is the name check complete yet ?".

If yes: "Am I eligible for an interview or is there any other hold up?"

If no: "when was it initiated/started?"

That is really the only issue (IMO)

-------------

edited: Strike last question... I understand your timeline now... CR1.

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)
seems you got to GUZ in April...

Only one CR1 (out of five) who arrived in April have got their P4...

So, your on track with the rest of the group.. but find out about namecheck complete or not...

222809[/snapback]

thanks for the response. i am glad to know we are in the group. we thought we were forgotten by the GUZ consulate :roller:

hey i just called dos again(20:30 6/9 ). the lady said the namecheck has been completed and i am eligible for the interview. but the interview has not been scheduled. Is there anyone who could tell me what it is supposed to mean? how long does it take to have P4 according to your knowledge?

Thanks for your time. :blink:

Edited by march (see edit history)
hey i just called dos again(20:30 6/9 ). the lady said the namecheck has been completed and i am eligible for the interview. but the interview has not been scheduled.  Is there anyone who could tell me what it is supposed to mean? how long does it take to have P4 according to your knowledge?

Thanks for your time. :headbang:

222918[/snapback]

For CR1s..

From NVC to P4 depends on any issues in namecheck delay.

If you have no problems, as your case appears, then the average is 5 months.

If someone tries to track this back to the graphs I recently posted, this would be: CR1 "new average (excluding outliers)" for NVC - P4, in either graph.