for those who worry

I have been sitting here reading stories today and I thought that I would write a little something that might make some people a little less scared.

My wife is from Guilin China and we just finished her final interview this past monday and she will recieve her green card in a few weeks.

It was not that hard just alot of paperwork and some money. If you supply enough supporting evidence like emails, pictures, letters, phone cards or bills.. The support paper is a big one so make sure that you earn enough to cover the limit. Do all of those things and it only takes time.. Remember that there are alot of people trying to get visas to the U.S. and alot get turned away due to lack of supporting evidence. So save, copy, print everything. My wife went into the consulate with a suitcase of supporting evidence lol.. If anyone wants to really talk about timelines and such.. please email me but for now.. I have to search for airfares so that my wife can see her family again soon.. Take care and good luck

I have been sitting here reading stories today and I thought that I would write a little something that might make some people a little less scared.

My wife is from Guilin China and we just finished her final interview this past monday and she will recieve her green card in a few weeks.

It was not that hard just alot of paperwork and some money.  If you supply enough supporting evidence like emails, pictures, letters, phone cards or bills.. The support paper is a big one so make sure that you earn enough to cover the limit.  Do all of those things and it only takes time..  Remember that there are alot of people trying to get visas to the U.S. and alot get turned away due to lack of supporting evidence.  So save, copy, print everything.  My wife went into the consulate with a suitcase of supporting evidence lol.. If anyone wants to really talk about timelines and such.. please email me but for now..  I have to search for airfares so that my wife can see her family again soon..  Take care and good luck

218846[/snapback]

Thanks for the info. I think that sometimes reading to many posts will get one worried. I know it happened to me ( But I'm stll here for some reason :D )

What you said is true, and that is why collecting evidence is key here. My approach is, kill them with documents hehe. Don't give them a chance for rejecting you. They ask for something, you gota have right there. This is the positive side of being online here. You read so many tips and suggestions, that if you follow them, then you can't go wrong.

Congrats on your successfull journey and best of luck to you in you new life together!

It was not that hard just alot of paperwork and some money.  If you supply enough supporting evidence like emails, pictures, letters, phone cards or bills.. The support paper is a big one so make sure that you earn enough to cover the limit.  Do all of those things and it only takes time..  Remember that there are alot of people trying to get visas to the U.S. and alot get turned away due to lack of supporting evidence.  So save, copy, print everything.  My wife went into the consulate with a suitcase of supporting evidence lol.. If anyone wants to really talk about timelines and such.. please email me but for now..  I have to search for airfares so that my wife can see her family again soon..  Take care and good luck

218846[/snapback]

Burial by documentation is definitely better than coming in short-handed, that's for sure, but I think I have to agree with a post by pushbrk about how its the picture painted that they rely on, and most of the mountain of paperwork is for the two step, should you fail to impress the first time.

Welcome to CFL and congratulations on the green card / visa (CR1 I assume?).

Welcome to CFL and congratulations on the green card. I think one of the things that makes people worry about the process is the length of time it takes to actually get to the interview. Any foul up along the way can add months to an already long process, topped off by a five minute interview that determines your fate.